Biggest Surprise and Biggest Disappointment

MAJBobby

Dareus!!!!

This post is really hard to argue with. The Alexander thing blows my mind & still think Darby/ Gilmore is a really good duo.

As for Tyrod, I've always had my doubts about his passing skill. However, I wanted to see some signs of him being able to carry an offense by himself. I haven't seen that at all.

Not to be negative because you make many good points but imo Gilmore has stunk this year.

Biggest surprise - Danny Crossman's ST units. I can only think of maybe 2-3 bad ST plays all season. They've been superb.

Biggest disappointment - Richie Incognito. His play has really fallen off since the end of last year. He's still a solid LG but he's nowhere near as dominant as he was in 2015.

Good thread OP and great calls on both Blokes!

Surprise: if picking a single player how could it be anyone other than Lorax? If I am giving an honourable mention it is to how well Aaron Williams had played coming back off a serious injury. What happened on Sunday really sucks for him and there must come a point when the kid starts thinking about his long term health.

Disappointment: I am going to be thr negative one and say Tyrod. Not that I think Tyrod has been bad.... just that I really was hoping for the progression and it isn't there. I now think he is at or pretty close to his ceiling. My biggest gripe is his continued inability to use the middle of the field consistently. It makes us so much easier to defend. Every week on the all 22 I see safeties against us cheating to the outside. Teams leave the seam open. They trust he won't go there. I'd love by the way for someone to be quoting this back at me to make me look an idiot in a year's time. In fact I'd love nothing more.

Biggest surprise - Danny Crossman's ST units. I can only think of maybe 2-3 bad ST plays all season. They've been superb.

Biggest disappointment - Richie Incognito. His play has really fallen off since the end of last year. He's still a solid LG but he's nowhere near as dominant as he was in 2015.

Crossman Teams units that is another good one

Surprise (Offense) - John Miller

Surprise (Defense) - Lorenzo Alexander (obviously)

Disappointment (Offense) - Sammy Watkins

Disappointment (Defense) - Marcell Dareus, Stephon Gilmore

Not sure what you've been watching but this isn't even remotely true.

Question for those that want to play. Halfway dont with season just about. What is your biggest surprise and biggest disappointment of this Bills team.

I will start

Biggest Surprise:

Play of the LBers. Even with the worst game of the season was MIA, I actually thought this unit would be much worse. What is also surprising me the most is it is not Hughes and P Brown (albiet they are good too) leading the way instead it is offseason additions Z Brown and Alexander (guy brought in to play teams) leading the way.

Biggest Disappointment

Clay - I know he impacts game running the ball, and runs routes in an area of the field not often targeted, at his contract with no Sammy or Woods needs to be more of an impact. Were are the TE screens, slants and such i saw him run in MIA. Also his explosion isnt there. Is his body (knee) breaking down? If so that contract is gonna drag us down beause we are married to him awhile now.

Those are my two, what say you?

Biggest Surprise: 4 game winning streak

Biggest Disappointment: This team still does not have a franchise QB, or depth at any position

Liar! You know it's Tyrod. -LOL

...but I'll play along

Big Surprise- Lorax & Zach

Honoroble mention- Oleary

Big Disappointment- Gilmore & Darby

Honoroble mention- Dareus

I'm with you... both the biggest surprises and biggest disappointments are on defense.

I will add that I'm not surprised Lorax and Zach are capable players. I am surprised that have been playing like outright superstars.

Another big surprise, of course, was learning that Roman was fired. I didn't see that coming.

I was wondering if last year maybe Richie prepared like crazy because he had a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. Maybe this year he just didn't work as hard - and his age might be becoming a factor.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Biggest Surprise: 4 game winning streak

Biggest Disappointment: This team still does not have a franchise QB, or depth at any position

This one I think it a little over the top, I think we do have real good depth at the LBer position and also DL. But again that is expected I would think seeing a ton of our offseason resources went there