Pats trade for LB Kyle Van Noy from Lions

YoloinOhio

He played in 15 games last year and finished with 10 tackles and a sack. This is his third year and he has played in 30 games. His career totals 39 tackles and a sack. Just for comparison, through the first four games this year Zach Brown had 51 tackles and a sack.

Bills planning trade Brown and a 7th for a 6th round pick? If not there is no comparison. This was a trade get something instead of cutting him for the lions. For the Pats they got someone who may be good depth for practically nothing. (And since they are last on the waiver wife or less not make it to them)

All of 2017 draft? That's nonsense! BB is a genius!

I hope that trade isn't true inlike Darby, and the Broncos don't need more weapons they need a better QB. (I have a feeling this was a trade to get something instead of nothing again by cutting Darby )

FWIW, I loved him as an underclassman. He played one of the best games that I have ever seen a college kid play a few years back. He hasn't done it as a pro but he is a guy that I could see filling a role with the Pats. This isn't like the Kiki Mingo trade.

Yeah he was a force at BYU, looked like he was going to at the very least become a really good NFL player. Mingo was just drafted for measurables. He was kind of a stiff at LSU.

And get a 7. Essentially move back about 15 spots at the end of the 6. Really zero harm

Unless there is a sleeper that you love that lasted until the late 6th that gets picked before your new 7th and you get Leif Larsen, It happens.

Unless there is a sleeper that you love that lasted until the late 6th that gets picked before your new 7th and you get Leif Larsen, It happens.

Yes, trading back from 227 to 242 will be incredibly risky....

I don't care how much you love the guy, you are throwing darts while blindfolded that late in it. Stepping back an extra 3 inches before throwing won't be the make or break.

Edited by NoSaint

Yes, trading back from 227 to 242 will be incredibly risky....

I don't care how much you love the guy, you are throwing darts while blindfolded that late in it. Stepping back an extra 3 inches before throwing won't be the make or break.

Not if you trust your scouting department. I will take my chances on the 227th pick if some guys that I think has great potential is no longer there at 242. I would love to see the stats.

Edited by Yoho

Not if you trust your scouting department. I will take my chances on the 227th pick if some guys that I think has great potential is no longer there at 242. I would love to see the stats.

All the stats would do is make you plan something better to do with that afternoon in may.

7th rounders are all incredible long shots even in the best scouting departments.

Even in those 15 picks likely less than a third of teams have the same guy near the top as the skill level starts getting so interchangeable at that point.

Edited by NoSaint