27.5 Million

MAJBobby

Great, but why is this a discussion now? Did the Bills make their decision already? Or did they set it up so they had a full training camp and regular season to evaluate what to do when the time comes, namely the 2017 offseason? The Bills brass may decide on the path you mentioned when the 2016 season is said and done.

Because it is an undertone of the season. I didnt know i had to wait until the dY the option is due to discuss it

I am not sure Siemian will hold up as a suitable starter for Denver. Time will tell though.

Who exactly are you referring to? It's very easy to say "sign a vet". Let's make it easy with hindsight, who would you have signed this past offseason after you cut Tyrod?

Cousins ($20 a year - Resigned with Redskins)

Bradford ($18 a year - Resigned with Eagles)

Osweiler ($18 a year - Signed with Texans)

Fitzpatrick ($12 a year - Resigned with Jets)

Griffin ($7.5 a year - Signed with Browns)

Hoyer ($2 a year - Signed with Bears)

Keenum (3.3 a year - Resigned with Rams)

You can see the rest of the scrubs here:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2016QB.php

I am all for that. But I just don't understand why people plot to get rid of Tyrod when no one has stepped up to replace him. Believe me, the staff evaluates Cardale, Taylor and even Manuel to determine who is doing well. On top of that, Whaley has never stopped looking for a QB.

To wash our hands of Tyrod is addition by subtraction. Just won't end well unless someone steps in and does better.

Griffin

Hoyer

Keenum

Those three (RG3 hurt i know) in a run first.offense not exposing QB would all give you exactly the same you got from Tyrod this year

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is an undertone of the season. I didnt know i had to wait until the dY the option is due to discuss it

Whatever. Seems pointless though as there is more season to go into the evaluation. Though unlikely, let's say the Bills win 10 games and make the playoffs. Regardless of how it happened , I believe that would influence the Bills decision . There are a lot of factors, but it seems a bit early to be a hot topic when the bigger issue right now is how do the Bills manage to get a win vs either NE or SEA and keep their heads above water.

Yeah obviously your definition of invest means to start him right away. No I'm saying TT is the best QB on the roster, but look at Carson Wentz!! enough said. By investing in Cardale, i simply mean we give him a shot this offseason to compete for QB2 or 1, no joke, get rid of EJ if anything.

Alex Smith QB Accuracy 67%. Due 16 mill in 2017. 4-year 68million = 17mill/year.

Tyrod Taylor QB Accuracy 60%. Due 27.5 mil in 2017. 6-year 95million = 16mill/year. "If he stayed all 6 he'd make $112mill according to Rappoport." https://goo.gl/ICL45U

Keep in mind Both Qb's dont exactly have stellar receivers. Jeremy Maclin hasn't done much in KC, either has Sammy. Just think for the price, we could afford someone better. Who? Idk that's Doug Whaley's job.

Yeh completion %. Alex completes a dozen screens a game. Thats what the chiefs do. Dont blame him. They are arguably the best screen team in the league. Good for them. I applaud them for sticking to what they do well.

TT has a combined 11TD to Alex's 8 and more all purpose yards than Alex. TT is 26 and Alex is 32. Alex's contract is a few years old.

Maclin is on par with Sammy. Kelce is an all pro. Spencer Ware is a monster. They are a very similar team, except they have a more veteran team and a slightly better defense (perhaps)

Whatever. Seems pointless though as there is more season to go into the evaluation. Though unlikely, let's say the Bills win 10 games and make the playoffs. Regardless of how it happened , I believe that would influence the Bills decision . There are a lot of factors, but it seems a bit early to be a hot topic when the bigger issue right now is how do the Bills manage to get a win vs either NE or SEA and keep their heads above water.

Yeah pointless to talk about something that is a decision this team on a message board to talk about things with the team.

Griffin

Hoyer

Keenum

Those three (RG3 hurt i know) in a run first.offense not exposing QB would all give you exactly the same you got from Tyrod this year

Not many QBs in NFL history have Tyrod Taylor TD:Turnover ratio. 4:1. He has 35 total TDs and 9 total turnovers in 21 games.

So no, they couldn't.

Not many QBs in NFL history have Tyrod Taylor TD:Turnover ratio. 4:1. He has 35 total TDs and 9 total turnovers in 21 games.

So no, they couldn't.

Not many are.protected with the design of the offense either are they.

So yes they could

Griffin

Hoyer

Keenum

I disagree especially on Griffin and Keenum.

Would you trade uninjured Griffin for Taylor right now, straight up?

Keenum has 7 INTS in the last 3 games, and is about to be benched in a run first offense.

Hoyer isn't better than Tyrod, but he is cheaper, and had a streak going there for a second, I'll give you that.

So next year when Hoyer is a free agent, you think we are better off cutting Tyrod and picking up Hoyer and starting him?

Yeh completion %. Alex completes a dozen screens a game. Thats what the chiefs do. Dont blame him. They are arguably the best screen team in the league. Good for them. I applaud them for sticking to what they do well.

TT has a combined 11TD to Alex's 8 and more all purpose yards than Alex. TT is 26 and Alex is 32. Alex's contract is a few years old.

Maclin is on par with Sammy. Kelce is an all pro. Spencer Ware is a monster. They are a very similar team, except they have a more veteran team and a slightly better defense (perhaps)

Maybe the Bills should run more screens, especially w/ Sammy back since that's where he got his success from in college.... Isn't that apart of the problem w/ the O?

I disagree especially on Griffin and Keenum.

Would you trade uninjured Griffin for Taylor right now, straight up?

Keenum has 7 INTS in the last 3 games, and is about to be benched in a run first offense.

Hoyer isn't better than Tyrod, but he is cheaper, and had a streak going there for a second, I'll give you that.

So next year when Hoyer is a free agent, you think we are better off cutting Tyrod and picking up Hoyer and starting him?

No what i really want is to draft and start my QB ala Carr

Yeah pointless to talk about something that is a decision this team on a message board to talk about things with the team.

just seems like an offseason discussion, that's all. The Bills may be thinking the exact same thing that you are. That's why they set up the contract the way they did. Aren't the Rams on a losing streak with Keenum at the helm? Why aren't they playing their prized rookie QB? You know, the #1 overall pick? He's obviously at least as good as Wentz and Prescott, should be able to run that offense easily and hide his flaws. Maybe they will trade him to the Bills for Tyrod and all the Bills problems will be solved.

No what i really want is to draft and start my QB ala Carr

You'll need to wait for the draft then, which occurs in the offseason. Actually, you'd probably need to find an NFL team to hire you as GM or buy a team though, from the way you phrased your desired plan of action.

You'll need to wait for the draft then, which occurs in the offseason. Actually, you'd probably need to find an NFL team to hire you as GM or buy a team though, from the way you phrased your desired plan of action.

You asked what i would do i answered it.

I repeat that whilst the OP might have gone a bit far in his critique the question is not a stupid one. It is worthwhile.

There are vets out there that can put you in similar 7 to 9 win territory for less money with good players around them and a rookie or a Cardale type would not have to come in and be the second coming of Peyton Manning to do that either.

Tyrod stepping it up would be the best outcome but I do think some here appear to be wedded to him to an extent that his play hasn't yet merited. And I was not one of the Tyrod haters last season.. but I am clear that last season's Tyrod Taylor is a 7 to 9 win QB. That still seems to be what we have.

This point that he has had the ball in his hands with a chance to bring us back late in all 3 defeats is one worth considering. He was bad at Baltimore but then he was decent against the Jets and he might have been okay yesterday. This isn't about blaming Tyrod for losing us those games.

But if I am going to commit $16m plus to him the next two years to be my starter he needs to start winning some of those. Even 1 in 3 would be nice.

Edited by GunnerBill