Diamond in the Rough: Mike "Dizzy" Gillislee

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berman violated many rules of nicknaming

If you are trying to incorporate a random cultural reference you shouldn't have to phonetically alter the players last name to do it.

Here is a good example of a Berman-type nickname:

Brad "pop goes" Daluiso

He was a powerful kicker so "pop" is referential to an action in his game and his last name fits phonetically with the cultural reference.

Gillislee is a flat 3 syllables.......Gillespie is tiered......you have to change emphasis on the second syllable to make the reference work..........and why? Is he Dizzy? A goofy personality? A whirling dervish of a runner? No, no and no. :thumbsup:

Lastly........if it's lacking in all areas........would he at least like the nickname? I'ma say no. :lol:

If you are trying to incorporate a random cultural reference you shouldn't have to phonetically alter the players last name to do it.

Brad "pop goes" Daluiso

He was a powerful kicker so "pop" is referential to an action in his game and his last name fits phonetically with the cultural reference.

Gillislee is a flat 3 syllables.......Gillespie is tiered......you have to change emphasis on the second syllable to make the reference work..........and why? Is he Dizzy? A goofy personality? A whirling dervish of a runner? No, no and no. :thumbsup:

Lastly........if it's lacking in all areas........would he at least like the nickname? I'ma say no. :lol:

As usual, you are correct Badol

My concern is that when he got the bulk of the carries against the Jets, his performance was dismal. But that was just one game and the OL is much better this year and the offensive scheme is better under Lynn. I'd still activate Shady but have Gilly start.

My concern is that when he got the bulk of the carries against the Jets, his performance was dismal. But that was just one game and the OL is much better this year and the offensive scheme is better under Lynn. I'd still activate Shady but have Gilly start.

I really hope Shady is healthy enough to go tomorrow, but if not Dizzy can handle the duties if the OL continues to perform as they have in the last four games.

biggest difference there is that going into that game, the Jets had the #2 run D in the league. Miami's is currently much worse. But will probably look a little better tomorrow with Mario on the bench and the ability to not worry about the passing game much. Edited by YoloinOhio

biggest difference there is that going into that game, the Jets had the #2 run D in the league. Miami's is currently much worse. But will probably look a little better tomorrow with Mario on the bench and the ability to not worry about the passing game much.

True about the Jets' rush defense last year versus Miami this year. But losing Reshad Jones will more than negate any effect replacing Mario will have.

If the OL is on their game Sunday, Dizzy will be very effective with the assumption that Shady is out. Should get more carries regardless.

Agreed and agreed.

get Bush in there too , motion him out , to keep them honest.

Rest up Shady! Let Dizzy get his reps in with J Will and Bush spelling him. We can win this one even with the injuries. I Billieve in us. I predict Powell and Clay will have big games in the air with another few plays by TouchDown Hunter and some bombs to Goodwin

What a homer of a move!! Love it! I hope we rest Shady, we can win this one without him, and we need him 100% for the playoff push.

Agree. Still rather rest our best offensive player and get him 100% for when **** gets real!

I am fine with this thinking (bolded ) and pretty much all the rest of the post

As usual, you are correct Badol

easy NS. He gets puffed easily.

But on this one Occasion.

I agree. Dizzy Dean Dizzy Gillespie perhaps. Touchdown Mike works for me rolls of the tongue with vim and vigor

I would like to see the differences from last year to this if he has to "carry" the load sooner than later Doc.

His first Bills carry went for a 30-yard gain. Gillislee would total three rushing touchdowns (from 50, 60 and 19 yards out) and three receiving touchdowns over the Bills’ final five games, earning the nickname “Touchdown Mike” from teammates.

His nickname is "Touchdown Mike," where the hell did "Dizzy" come from? That's lame.

I like this one.......but the Bills have spoken and they call him TD Mike or TDMG.

Dizzy doesn't work, it violates many rules of nicknaming.

We named him Dizzy after seeing his last name misspelled Gillespie for the @#$th time. 26CB made the motion, I seconded, and the motion was carried.

Brad "pop goes" Daluiso

BTW, Berman's nickname for Daluiso was Dom. C'mon man, do your @#$%ing research.

We named him Dizzy after seeing his last name misspelled Gillespie for the @#$th time. 26CB made the motion, I seconded, and the motion was carried.

BTW, Berman's nickname for Daluiso was Dom. C'mon man, do your @#$%ing research.

Thanks for clearing that up and taking all the credit for being lame. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't.

Edit: I'm not.

Which lineup you prefer?

Ryan

Murray

Td Mike

Julio

Crowder

Marquise lee

Gronk

Tampa

Or

Ryan

Murray

Jac Rodgers

Aj green

Crowder

Hunter (bills)

Gronk

Tampa

Im leaning towards the second with Aj green

The only reason being i know fhat Rodgers is gonna carry 100% of load vs 49ers

And aj green and julio may be a wash.

Let him get into the flow of the running game and don't abandon the gameplan.

@NickVeronica

If LeSean McCoy's out, Mike Gillislee will start. He's been "limited" this wk but really just got the back of his foot cut up by new cleats.

And since he got treatment from the medical staff to help with the irritation, they have to list him. But he says he's fine.