Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

It's hard for me to put the "Marine" in me away sometimes. When they all came running in to rescue Rick and Carl nobody even tries to find cover and shoot? They all just stand straight up in the open and fire with automatic weapons. Also, when Negan was driving away right at the end with his middle finger up out the OPEN window of the truck, the 6 people firing automatic weapons from 15 feet away didn't hit him once?

Ok, now I'll put the Marine away and just enjoy it for what it is. :D

In true A-Team fashion, he escapes unscathed. Also, maybe shoot at the tires? But you definitely can't think like a Marine or along the lines of any kind of tactical maneuvers. I mean really they should have created some bunkers outside the walls and attacked them from all angles, especially with a gun like Daryl had, they would have never known what hit them.

In true A-Team fashion, he escapes unscathed. Also, maybe shoot at the tires? But you definitely can't think like a Marine or along the lines of any kind of tactical maneuvers. I mean really they should have created some bunkers outside the walls and attacked them from all angles, especially with a gun like Daryl had, they would have never known what hit them.

You mean Darryl's gun that apparently holds 1000 rounds? Ok, I'm done... :lol: :lol:

You mean Darryl's gun that apparently holds 1000 rounds? Ok, I'm done... :lol: :lol:

Yes, that was an amazingly awesome clip. And why does anyone choose a hand gun as their weapon of choice, I can see having one handy, but come on....reminds me of this scene....NSFW with the language:

Yes, that was an amazingly awesome clip. And why does anyone choose a hand gun as their weapon of choice, I can see having one handy, but come on....reminds me of this scene....NSFW with the language:

Jack Bauer shot down a helicopter with a handgun.

Jack Bauer shot down a helicopter with a handgun.

Jack would be average compared to some of the characters on TWD, but really I was just looking for a reason to post that clip. If you could mute Arsenio, I'd watch it repeatedly...

You would think that at least one of the saviors would have yelled "hey, lookout! There's a %$#@ing tiger!". It's not like there wasn't a small crowd gathered around or anything. The viewer had no clue that Shiva was going to appear.

Well...big cats are blindingly fast. From a standing start, they can cover thirty feet faster than you can say "thirty feet." I recall reading about one lion attack by the Tsavo man-eaters where the victim was able to say "Hey, boss, lion!" in the time it took the lion to charge, knock one guy down, and turn on the victim and bite him. (Side note: "Hey, boss, lion!" is a wonderfully pithy statement during a lion attack.)

So when you consider that the Kingdom's people are probably sneaking between houses to get close, then Shiva charges from close range from behind a structure, and anyone who sees him first has to process "What the !@#$ is that. Is that a tiger? That can't be a tiger. Holy ****, that's a tiger!" in the middle of a battle, then actually say "Hey, lookout, there's a !@#$ing tiger!" I can see that taking more time than it would for a tiger to charge. Look at it this way: if you were hammer-forging cast iron on an anvil while blasting Rammstein, and a hippo walked by...how long would it take your brain to switch gears from "I'm pounding on iron to German death metal" to "There's a goddamn hippo in my yard?" It would take longer than you think.

But the thing everyone missed: Alexandria has a 20-foot steel wall. The Saviors were in control of the gate. How did Shiva get in to Alexandria?

It's hard for me to put the "Marine" in me away sometimes. When they all came running in to rescue Rick and Carl nobody even tries to find cover and shoot? They all just stand straight up in the open and fire with automatic weapons. Also, when Negan was driving away right at the end with his middle finger up out the OPEN window of the truck, the 6 people firing automatic weapons from 15 feet away didn't hit him once?

Ok, now I'll put the Marine away and just enjoy it for what it is. :D

I'm probably not as anal about it as you...but when the Hilltop showed up, the very first thing I sad was "Now what kind of skirmish line is that?" One frickin' grenade...

Jack would be average compared to some of the characters on TWD, but really I was just looking for a reason to post that clip. If you could mute Arsenio, I'd watch it repeatedly...

Jack Bauer was biting out people's throats way before Rick Grimes.

Well...big cats are blindingly fast. From a standing start, they can cover thirty feet faster than you can say "thirty feet." I recall reading about one lion attack by the Tsavo man-eaters where the victim was able to say "Hey, boss, lion!" in the time it took the lion to charge, knock one guy down, and turn on the victim and bite him. (Side note: "Hey, boss, lion!" is a wonderfully pithy statement during a lion attack.)

Shiva would be incredibly stealthy too, right? I'm not much of a cat guy, but I assume that to be the case.

Look at it this way: if you were hammer-forging cast iron on an anvil while blasting Rammstein, and a hippo walked by...how long would it take your brain to switch gears from "I'm pounding on iron to German death metal" to "There's a goddamn hippo in my yard?" It would take longer than you think.

Who could possibly argue with that? :lol:

As an aside, I've seen the Tsavo lions - or rather what's left of them - at the Field Museum in Chicago. They were shot so full of holes that when it came time to mount them, they wound up significantly smaller than they were in real life.

Who could possibly argue with that? :lol:

As an aside, I've seen the Tsavo lions - or rather what's left of them - at the Field Museum in Chicago. They were shot so full of holes that when it came time to mount them, they wound up significantly smaller than they were in real life.

Just because it's absurd, doesn't make it wrong.

I've seen contemporary pictures of the lions; those things were monsters. Large, and very healthy. You should read Patterson's book, if you haven't. There's sort of a wry humor to his hunt of the lions, as they were so freakishly lucky and he something of a bungler.

Nice! Sonequa Martin-Green (sp? The chick who plays/played Sasha) is set to star in the lead female role of the new Star Trek Discovery television series. I like her...

Edited by Buftex

Just because it's absurd, doesn't make it wrong.

I've seen contemporary pictures of the lions; those things were monsters. Large, and very healthy. You should read Patterson's book, if you haven't. There's sort of a wry humor to his hunt of the lions, as they were so freakishly lucky and he something of a bungler.

Oh, your logic was perfectly sound. I just enjoyed your example, mainly because I could picture it perfectly.

If you ever get a chance to go to the Field Museum, you'll see what I mean about their size (you should go anyway if you get the chance - the Egyptology/mummies department alone is worth the visit). They're about the size of a typical mountain lion, not like your normal African lion would be. That's why I asked - they look freakishly small to be the bloodthirsty monsters from the movie, but apparently they received gunfire similar to what Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway received at the end of Bonnie and Clyde. There just wasn't a whole lot of lion left when the smoke cleared.

Another interesting thing about them is that despite that they were both males, neither had the mane that a male lion normally has. Apparently not all male lions have manes.

Nice! Sonequa Martin-Green (sp? The chick who plays/played Sasha) is set to star in the lead female role of the new Star Trek Discovery television series. I like her...

Yep - I have high hopes for this series, especially after the reboot movies.

I think the re-boot movies have gotten progressively worse with each one...Trek is a better concept for tv, IMO. That last movie was just terrible. Edited by Buftex

But the thing everyone missed: Alexandria has a 20-foot steel wall. The Saviors were in control of the gate. How did Shiva get in to Alexandria?

I've thought about that and the only thing I could think of is that the Hilltop and Kingdom can teleport given that they decided to walk the entire trip.

Oh, your logic was perfectly sound. I just enjoyed your example, mainly because I could picture it perfectly.

If you ever get a chance to go to the Field Museum, you'll see what I mean about their size (you should go anyway if you get the chance - the Egyptology/mummies department alone is worth the visit). They're about the size of a typical mountain lion, not like your normal African lion would be. That's why I asked - they look freakishly small to be the bloodthirsty monsters from the movie, but apparently they received gunfire similar to what Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway received at the end of Bonnie and Clyde. There just wasn't a whole lot of lion left when the smoke cleared.

Another interesting thing about them is that despite that they were both males, neither had the mane that a male lion normally has. Apparently not all male lions have manes.

In addition to the lions being shot to pieces (one of them, at least, took about ten large-bore shots to put down) they were also rugs for about 25 years before the museum got them. Safe to say they were beat to ****. Probably has more to do with being used as rugs. You'd have a hard time making a decent rug out of a 25-year old rug, let alone a lion.

Manelessness is apparently more common in the Maasai subspecies of lions, and particularly common in the Tsavo sub-sub-species (or whatever they call it.) They're also pretty aggressive. I've heard theories that manelessness and aggressiveness in the lions are connected...but it always seemed to me that the more likely theory is that manelessness has nothing to do with it, and Tsavo lions are aggressive because the Maasai are dicks to lions.

I think the re-boot movies have gotten progressively worse with each one...Trek is a better concept for tv, IMO. That last movie was just terrible.

I haven't even see the last one. The first couple turned me off completely. Nothing against Pine, Quinto, Pegg, and company, but I seriously can't think anyone else can sell those characters - Shatner, Kelley, Nimoy, and Doohan are as responsible for creating those characters as Roddenberry was. In addition, the new look of everything just made it seem like anything other than Star Trek. What's next, a new TNG series with Steve Carell as Picard? :bag:

Supposedly, after Star Trek Enterprise ended, Shatner and Jonathan Frakes pitched their own idea for a new series, and offered to produce it, but Paramount nixed it.

I agree with you - the television format is better for telling real Trek stories.

Manelessness is apparently more common in the Maasai subspecies of lions, and particularly common in the Tsavo sub-sub-species (or whatever they call it.) They're also pretty aggressive. I've heard theories that manelessness and aggressiveness in the lions are connected...but it always seemed to me that the more likely theory is that manelessness has nothing to do with it, and Tsavo lions are aggressive because the Maasai are dicks to lions.

They were probably confused by their own manelessness - they see these other male lions strutting around with a full, mascufeline, Fabio-like head of hair, began to question their gender identification, and lashed out in unrepressed frustration. They were probably never encouraged to purr as cubs, either.

Seriously though, one of the employees at the museum said that one theory as to why the lions actively sought human flesh was because the locals buried their dead in extremely shallow graves, and they suspect they may have developed a taste for people in the process. But the lady shrugged as she told me that, so who knows?

DC Tom, on 04 Apr 2017 - 3:00 PM, said:snapback.png

I've thought about that and the only thing I could think of is that the Hilltop and Kingdom can teleport given that they decided to walk the entire trip.

Do you recall when Aaron and Maggie snuck out of Alexandria through the sewer tunnels?

One might think that they would have some other hidden backdoor entrance for emergencies.

Maybe the sewer that Maggie and Aaron used? But the Kingdom wouldn't have know about that, unless they were all already in Alexandria before the junkyard gang showed up, which would explain Ricks statement about them all being already dead.

The way the entire show was filmed there is no way to know what was happening when.

Do you recall when Aaron and Maggie snuck out of Alexandria through the sewer tunnels?

Aaron remembers.

And I've read that the Star Trek with Sasha is only shown online or on demand or something and that there are big time production problems. Not sure if any of that is true.