Brandon Spikes getting snaps at DE?

Not sure if this was being discussed elsewhere, but did anyone else notice Spikes receiving snaps at DE on Sunday vs. the 49ers?

He never had his hand in the dirt but looked obviously out of place. I'm not sure what they were trying to do schematically or what but I just thought it was weird

Edit: it looked like he was lined up at traditional 4-3 DE but possibly OLB

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

Not sure if this was being discussed elsewhere, but did anyone else notice Spikes receiving snaps at DE on Sunday vs. the 49ers?

He never had his hand in the dirt but looked obviously out of place. I'm not sure what they were trying to do schematically or what but I just thought it was weird

Edit: it looked like he was lined up at traditional 4-3 DE but possibly OLB

Rex said hes a leader in the locker room and elevates the preparation of whatever room he's in. They're having to look for ways to get him involved in the defense because Brown/Brown are playing so well at ILB.

Rex said hes a leader in the locker room and elevates the preparation of whatever room he's in. They're having to look for ways to get him involved in the defense because Brown/Brown are playing so well at ILB.

Settin' the edge !!!

He's more of a players coach at this point. From my viewpoint, if the play doesn't come right to him he isn't fast enough to get there.

Short yardage package only for the spiker.

On a side note, he did make my #51 takeo spikes jersey relevant again, so there's that.....

Finally, a receiver slower than O'Leary!

O'Leary is a freaking speed demon compared to Scott "1-yard-swing-pass-and-a-cloud-of-dust" Chandler.

By the way, did I mention O'Leary doesn't wear gloves and is Jack Nicklaus' grandson?