The AFC Playoff Picture

okay, I'll leave you guys to this Circle of Joy. I suppose you will be the hardest hit after the collapse. Keep yer heads up though, cuz the rocks are gonna fall.

I'm now convinced that you are just messing with us....there's no way that you don't understand what I (and others) have been saying.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All joy this year ends if we lose to the Raiders this weekend.

But what's the playoff picture look like if we win?

I disagree . I think the Bills need to get to 10-6 to have a shot. They have a loss to play with and will likely lose to the Raiders, who are the probable AFCwest champ. The Bills will need to win all other games, but with PIT, MIA as likely wildcard competitors, a loss to one of those teams is probably more damaging to the cause. So , while I'd like to see them beat the Raiders they probably won't . That will not be the final nail in the Bills playoff coffin , though. Beat the Steelers, Browns and Dolphins, and the Bills will likely have several scenarios to punch their playoff ticket by defeating the Jets in week 17 and getting various outcomes from other games. WGR mentioned a playoff simulator ( not sure if ESPN's or whatever) that had the Bills making the playoffs in around 50% of scenarios with a loss to only the Raiders. A loss to the Steelers was actually slightly more favorable for some reason fwiw .

@fboutsiders

Updated FO playoff odds: NE 25.4% chance to win SB, DAL 21.4%, SEA 11.7%. MIA moves ahead of DEN to win WC. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Bills at 21% after week 12.

10. Buffalo Bills (6-5)

Odds of making playoffs: 21.0 percent

A win against Jacksonville kept the Bills alive, although wins around the rest of the AFC meant their playoff odds went down slightly. An upset victory in Oakland would be huge, essentially doubling their playoff odds.

@fboutsiders

New playoff odds commentary @ESPNInsider: https://t.co/zezu3zi4PL

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

CyhHEZYXcAAui7T.jpg

Better shape than last year but the wildcard teams have better records. :wallbash: It can never come together for us can it?

Good news is that we play the Dolphins, who also plays the Patriots, so those two games could swing them out.

We play Steelers, so we have the power to keep them down.

Broncos plays the Patriots, Titans and the Chiefs.

Chiefs have the Titans and the Broncos.

Titans have the Broncos, Chiefs, and Texans

Bottom line though, is that we have to win our games. At least 4 of the next 5.

Edited by What a Tuel

They are probably 7-4 if Dareus isn't a complete waste the first 8 games of the year.

My favorite "what-if" is they called a PF on Sherman in Seattle and Carp hits the close FG at the half.

I think we beat Seattle, are 7-4, on a 3 game W streak, and a feared team going into the Playoff Stretch.

Huge no-call. Huge.

Edited by moshermw

I went to that ESPN playoff machine thing and put in a loss this week followed with 4 wins. For other teams I just quickly picked who I thought would win. I tried not to bias it for or against the Bills. I have to say it was fun picking the NFC vs. NFC games because it was difficult.

In my scenario, the Bills got in.

If I did it again, I wonder if they would because no way and I making all the same picks twice. So many of the games are toss ups.

My favorite "what-if" is they called a PF on Sherman in Seattle and Carp hits the close FG at the half.

I think we beat Seattle, are 7-4, on a 3 game W streak, and a feared team going into the Playoff Stretch.

Huge no-call. Huge.

True, but also what if we just punched it in on one of our four opportunities from the 10 yard line.

True, but also what if we just punched it in on one of our four opportunities from the 10 yard line.

I was waiting for them to go to the speed option on one of those plays at the end instead of trying to throw so much in the final goal to go situation.

Huge no-call. Huge.

What if Darby doesn't drop an easy pick 6 week one? Then they're 7-4.

Our starting center had broken his leg. What if all we had to do is just kick the tying field goal instead of having to score a TD - and call UFB runs into the middle - where the BU center was getting abused ?

Awful playcalling on that 4 play series - made worse by no options with a Super Bowl D, at home, without our starting center all of a sudden.

FG was there anything can happen in OT.

Just quit it. D and the last plays of the 1st half lost that game. Not TT or the O.

Edited by moshermw

I went to that ESPN playoff machine thing and put in a loss this week followed with 4 wins. For other teams I just quickly picked who I thought would win. I tried not to bias it for or against the Bills. I have to say it was fun picking the NFC vs. NFC games because it was difficult.

In my scenario, the Bills got in.

If I did it again, I wonder if they would because no way and I making all the same picks twice. So many of the games are toss ups.

One of the AFC playoff contenders will win 4 of their last 5. Why not the Bills?

We've won 6 of our last 9 since ALynn replaced Roman. Upping our streaking win percentage from 67% to 80% doesn't seem completely unrealistic.

One of the AFC playoff contenders will win 4 of their last 5. Why not the Bills?

We've won 6 of our last 9 since ALynn replaced Roman. Upping our streaking win percentage from 67% to 80% doesn't seem completely unrealistic.

Like this

Need Miami to lose 3 of their next 5, or we get into messy tiebreaker stuff at 10-6, and if they did win 3/5, they are at 2-1 division right now, we'd then need their two losses to be against division opponents in order to have any chance at the tiebreaker.

3 of their 5 remaining games are division games.

Miami is a threat despite my belief that they aren't a good team. We need to root for them to tank against the Ravens sunday.

Edited by What a Tuel