Tyrod Taylor

The difference is 3rd down. TT is making plays, feet & arm. It's great to see Clay a consistent target.

61% 3rd down conversion. Some of them were just sick. McCoy definitely makes this team click. Tyrod doing a nice job too. TEs came up big a couple of times too.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Taylor, and he played very well today. You can't even complain about his accuracy. But I can't understand why he would throw flat footed, for no reason, with time. I'm not someone who complains when he doesn't throw for 250-300 yards. But it's somewhat worrisome that he doesn't use his feet when he has time. Today he was very accurate flat footed. And he was very good. I guess if he gets away with it it's hard to complain.

Yeah, he does at times, but some of the stuff he does is just unbelievable...

Figure he puts up 170-190 yards passing and then gives you another 50-60 yards rushing, what's the real difference between a guy throwing for 240 or 250 yards a game?

Tyrod was great today. He's totally different than any other player with perhaps Russell Wilson as the exception. But comparing stats to Taylor is an exercise in futility. If TT did what people want him to do as a good passer, COMBINED with the stuff that he does, he would be in the top 2-3 in the league, and that's not going to happen. So many things he does are like no other. We have scored 30 points on average in 3-4 games. He's good.

Tyrod was great today. He's totally different than any other player with perhaps Russell Wilson as the exception. But comparing stats to Taylor is an exercise in futility. If TT did what people want him to do as a good passer, COMBINED with the stuff that he does, he would be in the top 2-3 in the league, and that's not going to happen. So many things he does are like no other. We have scored 30 points on average in 3-4 games. He's good.

I think he's the modern QB. The guys coming out now are just not pocket passers for the most part. The college game has changed and today you saw two offenses displaying college concepts.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I said last week, I want to see him do 3 things. If they convert 3rd downs, execute in the red zone and take care of the football he'd be a great QB for this system. Right now he is doing those things beautifully. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I said last week, I want to see him do 3 things. If they convert 3rd downs, execute in the ref zone and take care of the football he'd be a great QB for this system. Right now he is doing those things beautifully.

This is where I'm at too. I thought he did all three good today again. I think top 10 in all 3 and top 5 in at least one will get the job done (i.e. playoffs).

Edited by YattaOkasan

In my opinion if you can just get past "pocket qb" type bias and realize that tyrod is a WEAPON and not a guy that chucks it all over the place for 300 yards a game you will be much happier.

He is not that guy.....is that guy that extends plays.....throws touchdowns....doesnt turn the ball over.

If he can keep his 3rd down efficiency like it was today he is VERY effective.

I think he's the modern QB. The guys coming out now are just not pocket passers for the most part. The college game has changed and today you saw two offenses displaying college concepts.

That may be right. It's also possible that he's just so extraordinary at escaping rushers and tacklers, that there is just no one else like him, and another running QB like him might not at all be able to do what he does. The percentage of top players in the NFL that Taylor makes miss, almost with ease, is extraordinary. He's a better running back than 90% of the running backs. I think he's just an anomaly rather than the modern QB. I'm not sure guys can do what he does. He makes guys miss at a ridiculous percentage.

Yeah i dont get him flat footing throws this year. Its like it was coached into him

I didnt think he was as flat footed as previous games. He used his legs more today and made more accurate passes, regardless of footwork. As long as he can use his arm to keep the opposing defenses honest, this could be a FUN season. Hopefully he and Hunter continue to gel, and Woody and Clay with a little OLeary can get it done

His footwork was AWFUL all day long, even on his best passes. Just pitiful. And I love him and want him extended.

Awful?? Haha wtf. Love people who don't know much about actual qb mechanics talk out of their ass. He's actually considered to have solid mechanics both throwing and footwork, though his footwork is not as consistent. That doesn't mean it's 'awful.' Hyperbole much?

His footwork was AWFUL all day long, even on his best passes. Just pitiful. And I love him and want him extended.

I'm referring to his escapability. I liked his footwork when he made some nice plays w the pressure in the pocket.

Watched most of game on iPhone. Didn't pick up on any of that.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Awful?? Haha wtf. Love people who don't know much about actual qb mechanics talk out of their ass. He's actually considered to have solid mechanics both throwing and footwork, though his footwork is not as consistent. That doesn't mean it's 'awful.' Hyperbole much?

You're just so wrong on this game. He stood in the pocket, had all day, and STILL didn't step into his throws. All game. It was amazing. He was accurate. But it was terrible mechanics. You are lying if you say he stood in the pocket and stepped into his throws like all quarterbacks are taught to do. He would just throw all arm. It was ridiculous. And I love Tyrod.

Tyrod is flawed for sure but the guy makes plays.

This was one of his better career games.

Looked very good at first glance, used the entire field, and only had a few obvious misses. Also played well in the pocket, and climbed rather than bailed.

You're just so wrong on this game. He stood in the pocket, had all day, and STILL didn't step into his throws. All game. It was amazing. He was accurate. But it was terrible mechanics. You are lying if you say he stood in the pocket and stepped into his throws like all quarterbacks are taught to do. He would just throw all arm. It was ridiculous. And I love Tyrod.

Yup, he was wrist flicking off his back foot all day, rather than driving through his throws.

This was one of his better career games.

Looked very good at first glance, used the entire field, and only had a few obvious misses. Also played well in the pocket, and climbed rather than bailed.

Yep. He was very good today. Couldn't have asked for much more. He made ten runs or scrambles out of the pocket that were very good. He made several accurate throws. He hit a couple TDs. I think he had three sacks for zero yards (at last look at stats). His escapability is extraordinary. Two games in a row he ran a college option, which few teams even try, and both went for TDs because he's Tyrod Taylor. Fans don't give him enough credit for that stuff.