You want to protest Kap? HEre is how you do it logically

There's someone out there with an idea that's different from my idea! Oh no!!!! i must shun him!!!!

This!!! Get over it already.

I like how someone doing a silent protest brings out all the racists

Hopefully there's not 70,000 of them on Sunday

I hope not either. I heard Buffalo is pretty bad with racism. I was hoping this conversation wouldn't make it to Twobillsdrive yet here it is.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This!!! Get over it already.

I hope not either. I heard Buffalo is pretty bad with racism. I was hoping this conversation wouldn't make it to Twobillsdrive yet here it is.

I thought Kaep is a hero for starting this conversation ?

This is so confusing, where are these racists you speak of ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Lots of respect for the 1st amendment. As a city that once banned the NAACP from holding a conference in their city in the early 1900s we have come a long way.

Nearly everyone in this thread has said that they respect his right to protest.

I've seen zero racism in this thread.

Nearly everyone in this thread has said that they respect his right to protest.

I've seen zero racism in this thread.

Yep, he has every right to express himself. And display his lack of awareness of the real issues. But sure, blame the cops who put themselves at risk every day. Obey, and survive. I'm and old white guy and if I get pulled over it's 2 hands on the wheel, then "the registration is in the glove compartment, may I reach in to get it?" Very few shootings at the bridge club. Yes there are bad shootings, and let the courts take care of that, but don't think you can endanger a cop and not face danger yourself.

only an absolute positively truly incapacitated idiot would believe anything he is doing is worthwhile to his supposed cause which is a bigger sham than anything

Please don't hold back. Let us know what you really feel.

If you read my post, I did not qualifying the effectiveness of his actions to further his cause, I simply stated that his actions have created a dialog throughout the country.

Really you're gonna turn your back? what a schmuck idea!

Your argument is based on that he should be punished, in a sense, due to the fact he's exercising his freedom to protest and speech? lol, please.

I guess your racial background determines how you should be treated to right? I mean it's the most pivotal variable in discrimination throughout history.

I support Kap's right to protest.

I don't like him since he's an opposing QB, but that's the fun of the game.

Can we please progress forward? Why the continual pull back to less civil rights?

Edited by gr8billsfan

I'm going to run a hypothetical by you fine folks -

A black family is sitting in the front row of the Bills game on Sunday. They decide to stay seated for the National Anthem.

Will they be able to do that without repercussion, or will the overwhelmingly white crowd respond violently?

Kap has the right to his opinion and to express it peacefully, as he's been doing. You have the right to disagree, and to express that opinion peacefully, any way you want.

But if you're spending all this time and effort on talking about the protest and the counter-protest, he's achieved his aim, which is to draw attention to the problem.

Don't boo him. Ignore him! Get silent and turn your back whenever his name is mentioned or said over the loud speaker.

The Chinese do that each time the Japanese national teams are introduced in China. They just turn their backs and remain deathly silent. And the Chinese have more of an ax to grind with the Japanese (Rape of Nanking, launching two aggressive wars against China in forty years that cost the lives of almost 40 million Chinese people) and any of you have with Kap.

So, if you want to protest him at the game for daring you speak is mind (whatever the reason), just remain silent. It's that simple. Any protest gives his cause more press. Remaining silent, or just ignoring him completely, does nothing but show what he is doing means nothing.

Seriously, this board needed ANOTHER thread about Kap expressing his American rights and the absurd whining that people have over it? Geezus...yall need to get the hell over it.

PS: When do we get to talk football again? Someone please PM me when this becomes about football again.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I think a great way to show your disagreement with his taking a knee is to sing the Anthem as loud as you can! 75K people singing that anthem loud and proud would surely get his attention.

How so? He hears the anthem every week. And he knows there are many who don't like his form of protest. And there would probably never be 75 thousand singing because there are probably a good number who agree with him, whether they take a knee or stand or not.

You know, it's idiots like you that make me want to oppress minorities, just to piss you off.

That's a weird thing to say. Are you drunk posting?

Kap has the right to his opinion and to express it peacefully, as he's been doing. You have the right to disagree, and to express that opinion peacefully, any way you want.

But if you're spending all this time and effort on talking about the protest and the counter-protest, he's achieved his aim, which is to draw attention to the problem.

Yes and no. He's drawn attention, but unfortunately, too many people choose not to address the issues he's referring to because they have made his protest into what they want it to be instead of what he's discussed.

But people have the right to "counter" protest if they so desire. Boo him, turn your back on him, sing the anthem extra loud because you think it means you love the country more than anyone else,etc. So long as it's peaceful.

Edited by purple haze

Yep, he has every right to express himself. And display his lack of awareness of the real issues. But sure, blame the cops who put themselves at risk every day. Obey, and survive. I'm and old white guy and if I get pulled over it's 2 hands on the wheel, then "the registration is in the glove compartment, may I reach in to get it?" Very few shootings at the bridge club. Yes there are bad shootings, and let the courts take care of that, but don't think you can endanger a cop and not face danger yourself.

you do realize he is protesting mostly because the police are almost never prosecuted. its also DAs don't wanna jail police because they work together so why would they wanna jail them.