Beware Carlos Hyde

YoloinOhio

it was embarrassing watching him play yesterday. Even Tavon Austin. Guys are so talented but have so little football smarts and so little of whatever you want to call it that guys like drew Brees, Eric moulds, ladaanian tomlinson. They just dont have anything but pure athletic skill. His is one thing that big10 and urban Meyersrecuitsrecruits do so well at. This is why our boy heuerman is going to succeed. This is why cardale Jones will be in the league a while.

Gurley just didnt anything more than run all sorts of crazy until he gets so etching. He is CJ spiller

Now Ezekiel Elliot. That guy had it all coming out. I'm fine with LoRax mbut I'd like Daron Lee. tOSU!

Put Elliot behine Rams trash OL and Gurley behind the All World OL of the Cowboys and watch what happens. Roles reversed

Gurley's most effective play in the 4th qtr yesterday was recovering his own fumble. The guy does not look worth a 10th overall pick at this point.

Obviously you didn't watch him last year, and I'm questioning your football knowledge because a team can take away ANY player when there is nothing else to worry about on that side of the ball.

The Rams have literally ZERO else on offense that scares a team. Nothing. Nada. Nobody. So Gurley is trying to run the ball against 8 and 9 man fronts all game long. Simple math tells you that if you have 6 or 7 guys trying to block 8 and 9 that isn't going to work out in your favor too often.

Gurley is sucking because the Rams have nothing else to worry about.

This is common sense and I'm stunned at how many people just look at stats or the result of a play without understanding why or what goes into it.

You are letting your BuckEYES skew what you see. DJ is a superior back. Gurley does what Hyde does even better. Gurley just has no Oline.

Gurley's problem is much more related to facing 8 and 9 man fronts every play because nobody on the Rams scares anyone other than him and less on the OLine. Simple math tells you that 6 or 7 people trying to block 8 or 9 is going to make you look pretty bad most times.

Put Elliot behine Rams trash OL and Gurley behind the All World OL of the Cowboys and watch what happens. Roles reversed

Again...it has far less to do with the OLine and far more to do with lack of any other weapons on that side of the ball and a QB who isn't going to challenge you deep. Elliott would be having he same issues on the Rams and it would have little to do with the OLine---read my above statements. I don't care who you are, if you are trying to run the ball against a defense that has 2 more people in the box than you can block every play you aren't going to gain very many yards.

Obviously you didn't watch him last year, and I'm questioning your football knowledge because a team can take away ANY player when there is nothing else to worry about on that side of the ball.

The Rams have literally ZERO else on offense that scares a team. Nothing. Nada. Nobody. So Gurley is trying to run the ball against 8 and 9 man fronts all game long. Simple math tells you that if you have 6 or 7 guys trying to block 8 and 9 that isn't going to work out in your favor too often.

Gurley is sucking because the Rams have nothing else to worry about.

This is common sense and I'm stunned at how many people just look at stats or the result of a play without understanding why or what goes into it.

Gurley's problem is much more related to facing 8 and 9 man fronts every play because nobody on the Rams scares anyone other than him and less on the OLine. Simple math tells you that 6 or 7 people trying to block 8 or 9 is going to make you look pretty bad most times.

Again...it has far less to do with the OLine and far more to do with lack of any other weapons on that side of the ball and a QB who isn't going to challenge you deep. Elliott would be having he same issues on the Rams and it would have little to do with the OLine---read my above statements. I don't care who you are, if you are trying to run the ball against a defense that has 2 more people in the box than you can block every play you aren't going to gain very many yards.

However IF you have a line that can block you can be effective with a top end Back against 8 in the box, see AP. So Gurley behind the Cowboy OL even with 8 in the box will be very effective He is very close to the best back we face this year, though I like David Johnson more

The LA Rams can blame their OL for Gurley's mediocre performances, but they aren't bad on every play. The issue is he doesn't trust his OL and its affectiing his vision tremendously. It is still on him to identify when the OL does block well and to take advantage of those situations. He is struggling because he won't just hit the hole and trust what he's seeing. He looks tentative - kind of like Melvin Gordon last year. Who also had a trash OL but then couldn't seem to trust what he saw on the occasions there were holes opening up.

Return of "Big Daddy" Dareus.

Rex sounded pessimistic to me today on whether he would be ready, unfortunately

He's the best RB we've faced this season IMO. He has 6 TDs already. Bills tried to trade up for him in 2014 in 2nd rd, before they decided to trade for 'He who shall not be named' end zone fumbler. Has battled injuries first couple years but he capable of huge numbers and a great blocker as well.

I'm nervous. Hyde runs like a truck.

He who shall not be named is currently a FA. We gave up a 4th for that guy :wallbash:

Return of "Big Daddy" Dareus.

You sure about Mr. Big Puff? Rex isn't so sure.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

He's the best RB we've faced this season IMO. He has 6 TDs already. Bills tried to trade up for him in 2014 in 2nd rd, before they decided to trade for 'He who shall not be named' end zone fumbler. Has battled injuries first couple years but he capable of huge numbers and a great blocker as well.

I'm nervous. Hyde runs like a truck.

You were saying?

Watch for this week's "Beware Jay Ajayi" thread

204 and 2 TDs vs Steelers

LOL

Well played.