Fisher blew that game

I will say though that the OP has a point. Fisher was uneven at best today. The fake punt was a terrible decision because the Bills knew it was coming. Everyone in the stadium did. At that point, I'd rather trust the game in the hands of my offense (even if it is led by Keenum) than a fake punt. As for taking the 3 instead of going for it, I know our whole section (99% Bills fans) all laughed and said "Thanks, Jeff".

I said the exact same thing, "Thanks Jeff" after the FG. Dude never knew what hit him after that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have gone for it on fourth and goal with a tired Bills defense on the field.

However after that the fake punt was a horrible call. Their defense just got a 3 and out. They had three timeouts and two minute warning. You punt and stop the Bills again.

I said the exact same thing. Totally agree.............

The punt was stupid. But, I'd like to know the analytics on the fourth down call. With 6 minutes left, I would take the points. Either way, your D has to come with a stop or you lose.

They shoulda just ran a pass play on that 4th instead of that stupid fake punt. The way our CBs were playing 10 YARDS OFF THE !@#$ING LINE. they prob woulda got it but.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My point is as fans we know very little about game plans and play calling. However game and time management takes no special inside knowledge or a career in football. Fisher gets paid millions and he made one very questionable call and one horrible mistake.

I love it but wow if I'm the GM I would not be very happy

Clearly Fisher has a lifetime guaranteed contract -- there is no other reasonable explanation for why he still has a job.

He should have gone for it on fourth and goal with a tired Bills defense on the field.

However after that the fake punt was a horrible call. Their defense just got a 3 and out. They had three timeouts and two minute warning. You punt and stop the Bills again.

I think it was a great call. Over the last 16 years that play probably gets a first down, LA goes down and scores the winning touchdown with 10 seconds left in the game, and everyone says that he pulls off another trick play against the Bills with special teams. First the Music City Miracle, and now this. I believe it's an omen, the curse started with Fisher, and it ended yesterday with Fisher. This is not the same old Bumbling Bills. ( At least that's the story i am sticking to for now)

GO BILLS!!!

I agreed with taking the points, he was trusting his team to get the ball back, and march down again.

The fake punt I don't feel one way or the other about. If it succeeded, he would have been deemed a ballsy genius.

Give the Bills full credit for awareness and preparation for Fisher's well known ST tricks. This ain't 1999 Jeff!

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If the Rams lost by 4 or less there might be an argument. But they didn't score a single point after the FG and lost by 11. Hence going for the TD on 4th down would have made no difference.

Your argument is flawed. If the Rams get the 7 then there is no way they go for the fake punt, which gave us the great field position to score again.

They shoulda just ran a pass play on that 4th instead of that stupid fake punt. The way our CBs were playing 10 YARDS OFF THE !@#$ING LINE. they prob woulda got it but.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You play off because Keenum is basically just throwing 8 yard outs all game - when you time it right, and he times it wrong - its a pick 6. It also allows you to keep your eyes on the QB and cheat a bit. Once he threw that pick 6 the whole game was off the rails for them.

I think it was a great call. Over the last 16 years that play probably gets a first down, LA goes down and scores the winning touchdown with 10 seconds left in the game, and everyone says that he pulls off another trick play against the Bills with special teams. First the Music City Forward Pass Miracle, and now this. I believe it's an omen, the curse started with Fisher, and it ended yesterday with Fisher. This is not the same old Bumbling Bills. ( At least that's the story i am sticking to for now)

GO BILLS!!!

FTFY

Give the Bills full credit for awareness and preparation for Fisher's well known ST tricks. This ain't 1999 Jeff!

Well, it was actually 2000 - we had just survived Y2K!..................But, this board could not survive the onslaught after that play.