Trump, Rex and the NFL

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wave of Muslim immigrants, and amnesty for millions of illegal aliens is going to eat up a whole bunch of social services, jobs, and housing, and that won't help the Black community. Hillary will say all the right things, but that is her specialty.

Basically, I don't believe their racial attitudes are that different, and Trump's idiotic missteps don't necessarily mean his policies will do more (or less) harm to the Black community.

its the rule that politics and non football items don't belong on tsw. Incendiary remarks go to PPP when politically charged. Others have had bans and completely been wiped off this board.

Its not fair nor reasonable that such statements can be made in this forum where a retort is not allowed, condusive or even an option. There are much smarter people than I willing to discuss this matter in the thread already addressing the politics of this in PPP where you belong.

But again, this is not about YOU this is about keeping this a civil discussion related to football without political opinion and such drabble as will arise. Sorry you're too new here to get it

So you're a self appointed mod. Let me guess, you enjoy censoring people in the workplace too?

I think it's noteworthy that endorsement from a head coach for any other presidential candidate in the history of the USA would have have generated zero controversy.

I suppose add this as another record to the mighty Donald Trump! For his ignorance and hatred towards certain groups of people will continue to bring this country to new lows.

Ask yourself this.... If Donald Trump was given the following two scenarios what do you think he would select?

A - You will live out the rest of your life with a $100k and the vast majority of American lives will improve

B - You will continue to live above tax law and financial loop holes and spend the rest of your life as a multi-millionaire while the vast majority of Americans suffer from poor legislation.

Obvious answer folks

Agreed, but Hillary would give the exact same answer, don't kid yourself

someone with a lot more posts than 33. And someone who will laugh when your posts are deleted.

Seriously. Keep this about football. Not the nonsense opinion of him or her.

Before your meltdown, this was about football and Rex's decisions of where he's allocating his PR efforts and how that affects the team. Pretty valid discussion, I'd think. There are other threads for other football related issues if you find this one bothersome.

Mods, please delete this poster for harassment and not following TOS ;) ;)

so rex is being called out by some , yet taking a knee during the anthem, just exercising ""their right to do so".. guess it all boils down to which agenda fits ones niche'

There are PLENTY of people (a significant number on this forum) criticizing those taking a knee during the Anthem. Guess what you choose to see boils down to, as you say, which agenda fits "ones niche' [sic]."

How so?

think back to the kaepenick thread.

Posters on your aide of the argument ran around screaming this and that. Others opposite were banned and even removed. Maybe you don't miss robs house. Maybe you don't miss 3rdnlng. Maybe youvdont realize it but this is not a place for political thought, or even fact. None of which your thoughts were (a fact).

That this thread divulges in to to people arguing their opinion matters more and should not be ignored because their special is what is wrong with this election cycle. Its sad.

And those making the highly nonsense accusations won't go to a forum to discuss this matter designed for this matter in a thread already about it.

Before your meltdown, this was about football and Rex's decisions of where he's allocating his PR efforts and how that affects the team. Pretty valid discussion, I'd think. There are other threads for other football related issues if you find this one bothersome.

Mods, please delete this poster for harassment and not following TOS ;) ;)

we will see. But I saw posts about calking people racists, saying Hillary doesn't like some people. Nonsense that doesn't belong

So you're a self appointed mod. Let me guess, you enjoy censoring people in the workplace too?

Agreed, but Hillary would give the exact same answer, don't kid yourself

the answer to that question does not belong in that thread. And if you'd like to spend more time here you're welcome to. You just shouldn't call someone racists, bring up drugs in america and other nonsense.

take your nonsense to PPP. This is jot the place for it.

The OP is about a topic that is intrinsically tied to a political context. People are naturally going to comment in those terms.

Either the thread should be moved to the forum you desire so that your feelings are kept safe or one should man up.

But I saw posts about calking people racists, saying Hillary doesn't like some people. Nonsense that doesn't belong

The Clintons systematically throwing a disproportionate amount of blacks in jail for weed offenses and then profiting off the private prison system is a step beyond "Hillary doesn't like some people".

Both candidates are terrible in their own special ways - the Democratic Party's greed is being exposed this election and it's hard to even vote for the "liberal" party when they actively screwed Bernie out of the nomination and are in bed with major corporations.

The OP is about a topic that is intrinsically tied to a political context. People are naturally going to comment in those terms.

Either the thread should be moved to the forum you desire so that your feelings are kept safe or one should man up.

And they aren't allowed to.

The topic will be nuked or moved once a mod takes a look around.

Do you think they made up the anonymous player comments?

I know people have made up the story that Rex will get fired if the Bills do not make the playoffs (by itself).

As to your specific question, I have no idea.

People in all walks of life have differences of opinion on politics. My views are different from my wife and Mom for example. Does that mean I am getting a divorce or disowning my Mom?

No!

People in locker rooms in the NFL come from all walks of life and have differences of opinion on all sorts of subjects.

This does NOT mean that any writer or person here can jump to the conclusion that the locker room is divided and there is some sort of civil war going on within the team because Rex introduced Trump at a speech.

The proof of the pie is in the eating.

How did the players respond when the team was 0-2 and the vultures were circling the team and Rex and the narrative was whether Rex would get fired now or later?

Whom did Rex elevate to offensive coordinator?

Who is Rex's D coordinator?

Which QB did Rex want the team to go out and get before last season?

Which QB did Rex pick as starter?

The whole story is BS in the narrative that it is trying to push.

This makes no sense at all.

This is another attempt by certain members of the media to use Rex for clicks.

Whatever one may think about Rex or politics, the players (other than Mario and the former TE for the Jets) love playing for Rex.

Period.

If you have any question about that, watch the video that was posted the other day from the NFL network where LT and Deon Sanders where talking about Rex.

Ask Anthony Lynn what he thinks about Rex's treatment of people?

Dennis Thurman?

Tyrod Taylor?

I think this is the main point. The Bills seem to like Rex. Showing up on victory Mondays or whatever they are called implies cohesion as a team and enthusiasm to excel. all the rest is silliness.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't want to know about or care about the political opinions of Rex, the Kardashians, Brad Pitt, or Colin Kaepernick. Sure they are free to express it, but, not where I'd go to learn about any issue.

I know people have made up the story that Rex will get fired if the Bills do not make the playoffs (by itself).

As to your specific question, I have no idea.

If they didn't, then none of the rest of your post matters.

It doesn't matter if Lynn and Tyrod love Rex if player's have commented on Rex's politics and how they think less of him. Not sure how that's a media spin job.

I tend to believe this is clickbait and nothing more. I highly doubt Woods is going to drop a ball or Zach Brown is going to miss a tackle because Rex likes Trump. I think the media is trying to play it out as a divided locker room while it seems like this might be a more tongue in cheek issue inside the actual building. Rex likes a fun atmosphere where players can speak their mind and we seem to have guys who thrive in that environment, while the media is making mountains out of molehills over everything now.

Well, when you publicly endorse a guy running the most racist campaign in memory, during one of the most racially-charged eras in 20 years — YEAH, you're going to stir up some bad feelings along racial lines.

Hard to see that one coming, Rex.

this is not a post about football. This is a post about how you *feel* about a candidate which may or may not be true and further offers nothing to the converstion. Perhaps saying it differently could have got the point across. But you didn't want to do that because you're political opinions do not match Trump. Therefore you make an inflammatory response which is not at all about football.

So, no. It was not a good football converstion and you likely just do not realize a population of this group disagrees and you disparaged them and now they have no desire to even respond to this.

Again, take your arguments of racism and such to PPP where it belongs.

See my signature? I got that as a warning for posting a much less politically charged statement and it was all because I didn't agree with the "correct side".

you do realize the first thread about this was moved right?

Also, posts can be made without saying Hillary Clinton hates blacks. And without saying trump is the most racist ever. You do being worried about my feelings is hardly a concern you need. Its drive by statements by those who will not engage in the prop per thread already started in the forum where it should be discussied