Where do you put Lawson when he comes back.

Davealan74

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this day and age anytime I see an "athletic freak" I immediately wonder what they are on. Especially if they are performing beyond their years. (Like a certain 39 year old QB who likes his balls soft.)

That said, it might be time to just say f##k it and allow all PEDs in the pros. I mean when you get right down to it we want our freaks, don't we? Athletes already mash their brains into pudding for our entertainment. Why not let them juice?

No need for you to ponder on that guy. It's an easy one to solve. He's on a gay diet. It's a common and perfectly legal treatment some people use. He gives examples of the diet to referees during pregame and sometimes at halftime.

They say the diet helps you out in protection. Sometimes the defense can get called for roughing the passer even if nobody was within 3 yards of the QB. They say it's like a miracle drug of sorts but i say it's still cheating.

Never an NFL down of football. Some learning curve stuff ahead. Not a starter this season....but, next year likely.

C'mon. If he was QB, yes. But a pass rusher? See QB, get QB.

Keeping a top 15 pick out of the line up because a sub is playing well sounds like a great strategy.

It's also bad strategy to play a guy just because you drafted him high. Top pick or UDFA, it's all the same...you earn your minutes. But Lawson will see snaps as part of a rotation. Right now he's depth.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

he can be worked into the rotation..probably starting on obvious passing downs, no need to rush him in...Lorax has earned his playing time and has been playing very well, he just isn't going to be handed a job---he hasn't even had one day of practice yet!!

Edited by matter2003

You rotate him in.

Keeps Alexander and Hughes fresh.

Exactly. 30% sounds about right. Hughes and Alexander stay fresh, and he gets experience and confidence. Sees NFL game time experience. Alexander would be a good mentor with his years of experience.

Light play in the Dolphins and if he looks good, put a wrinkle in for the Pats game.

he can be worked into the rotation..probably starting on obvious passing downs, no need to rush him in...Lorax has earned his playing time and has been playing very well, he just isn't going to be handed a job---he hasn't even had one day of practice yet!!

That all makes sense, but it's hard to disregard that LoRax is tied for the team lead in sacks (who saw THAT coming?), so maybe a mix of all.

Shaq can easily slide into a situational role. Lorenzo Alexander is playing well but at 33 he could wear down as the season goes so having Shaq take some snaps in particular situations (maybe early downs and some running situations) can help preserve Alexander for the long haul. A lot of times you see these vets come out to strong starts 4-6 games into the season and then they either get hurt of slow down over the long haul. Shaq can't be rushed in but he certainly can play 30ish snaps a game which lessens the load on Alexander which could make him more effective as the season goes.

Plus in December as Shaq gets stronger and maybe Alexander is falling off you put Shaq into the starting role and then Alexander takes the situational role.

Edited by billsfan89

so Bills have to make room for Dareus, luckily Sammy is injured :w00t:

Who do the Bills move for Lawson?.

Meeks?

Colt?

I think Lawson should have to sit all season or till an injury occurs.

PS perhaps

They only have a limited amount of time to activate him from PUP and he can't go on the PS unless he's waived.

By all means, let's expose him to waivers. :wallbash:

I knew you would agree.

Its clear to you I am GM material.

They only have a limited amount of time to activate him from PUP and he can't go on the PS unless he's waived.

If you are still taking me seriously 26 you need your head examined.

But i do like your clarity and the way you clean up these details.

Excuse my obtuse sense of humor, i do not mean to try to take advantage of others good will here.

I knew you would agree.

Excuse my obtuse sense of humor, i do not mean to try to take advantage of others good will here.

My bad. I should have known you were kidding. :doh:

I knew you would agree.

You forgot the sarcasm font again. :pirate:

Edited by Freddie's Dead

He provides depth..IMO you can't take out either Hughes or Lorax...both have been lights out...Lorax leading the NFL in sacks and with any luck could have 2 ir 3 more...Hughes rips off Palmers helmet nullifying one sack and Keenum throws a ball up for grabs while being sacked yesterday that sealed the loss with a pick.

Edited by matter2003

He provides depth..IMO you can't take out either Hughes or Lorax...both have been lights out...Lorax leading the NFL in sacks and with any luck could have 2 ir 3 more...Hughes rips off Palmers helmet nullifying one sack and Keenum throws a ball up for grabs while being sacked yesterday that sealed the loss with a pick.

Rotational depth at DL is crucial in a long season. He provides a fresh set up legs. Not every team will be as porous as the lambs

I'll admit that you could be right. The operative word is could, but your strong assertion that it will definitely be the case lacks any evidence whatsoever. Carry on.

this looks like something for the shout box....lol do you two actually hit f5 and wait right after you post? haha. I think he won the argument btw.