How About Some Love for Rex?

Chilly

Against all odds, Rex just out coached the two best coaches in the NFL, Bruce Arians and Bill Belichick.

We're back to 2-2. It may not last, but it feels damn good, and we should give credit where credit's due. We need to win the next three games, and we'll need just as good of performances as this week, but that was a great job today!

rex-ryan-bills-15yrs.jpg

Edited by Chilly

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex, Meh!

He finally did some of his job. If you really watched today, Brady would have made a lot of those throws that Brisset missed and he would have spread the field with Gronk and Bennett. Not to mention Edelman and Hogan. This opens up the running game for Blount and that is going to be harder to stop.

I'm very happy we won, but we still have to keep improving.

I give Rex kudos for not folding up. Firing Roman and opening up TT has been a big plus. The defense should only get better and special teams have been solid. We need to keep attacking offenses. Rex needs to stay humble and get the players ready to play up to expectations.

At least the season is not over in October and I can enjoy the next four weeks of football, especially next week when I sit in the crowd at the Coliseum in LA wearing my Bills gear!

Edited by BillsRdue

I am not in at all. He turns the D over to Thurman, and they perform. They get an OC that can get plays in timely, and the O performs. In other words, Rex gets the H311 out of the way and the team performs. I maintain that RR is an unmitigated arrogant blowhard who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and the sooner he is gone the better this team will be!!!

Go Bills!!!!

I am not in at all. He turns the D over to Thurman, and they perform. They get an OC that can get plays in timely, and the O performs. In other words, Rex gets the H311 out of the way and the team performs. I maintain that RR is an unmitigated arrogant blowhard who couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, and the sooner he is gone the better this team will be!!!

Go Bills!!!!

Damn him for recognizing that he needed to do that! I wish he could get out of his own way and give playcalling over to his coordinators!

Go Bills!!!!

You do realize that this is what a good HC does right?

Regardless of what he publicly starts about Thurman running the defense, I don't buy that much at all. I think the difference is, love him or hate him and most people hate, he brought Rob in who is the only other person who truly is on the same page completely as Rex. Rob has the players in the correct positions particularly the play of the LB's. He's probably doing much more than I'd give him credit for, but to me Thurman is a figurehead.

He turns the D over to Thurman, and they perform.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

AND, What a sore freaking loser Kraft is. He was asked after the game about the pregame skirmish and basically said "well I think if your head coach is undisciplined then so are your players" or something to that affect. STFU Kraft.>! Your players were being cocky idiots running through our drills just like you and your coaches are cocky idiots..!

Regardless of what he publicly starts about Thurman running the defense, I don't buy that much at all. I think the difference is, love him or hate him and most people hate, he brought Rob in who is the only other person who truly is on the same page completely as Rex. Rob has the players in the correct positions particularly the play of the LB's. He's probably doing much more than I'd give him credit for, but to me Thurman is a figurehead.

You are correct and they already admitted as much. The defense is predefined coming into the game - Rex is largely responsible for that. Thurman is really just looking at his sheet to see what Rex would do in each situation based on down and distance and circumstances. Rex said it in an interview. We don't know how much say Thurman has in designing the defensive approach before each game, but knowing what we know about Rex, you would tend to think Rex is the primary mind behind it.

AND, What a sore freaking loser Kraft is. He was asked after the game about the pregame skirmish and basically said "well I think if your head coach is undisciplined then so are your players" or something to that affect. STFU Kraft.>! Your players were being cocky idiots running through our drills just like you and your coaches are cocky idiots..!

What about what Kraft said is inaccurate?

It was a Bush League move.

Every win is good, every win against the Pats is great by definition. But lets try and not get too far ahead of ourselves. The offense got one TD and 3 FGs. The defense shut out a Pats offense with a gimpy Gronk playing in his first game of the season, and a rookie 3rd string QB with an injury on his throwing hand playing in the second game of his career. Plus the zebras were favoring the Bills for some strange surreal reason and everything was going the Bills way (example being in the TD drive I believe two consecutive passes were tipped at the line and still went right to the Bills receiver, as the TV announcer said when it's your day, it's your day).

So long story short, enjoy the win, Bills nation. It is certainly a particularly sweet one. But this team still has a long way to go before TBD gets a block of tickets for the superbowl :)

What about what Kraft said is inaccurate?

It was a Bush League move.

It certainly was, but it was a Rex coached team move.

The Fivethirtyeight model shows the Bills have a 46% chance of beating LA next week, But the model hasn't recalculated using yesterdays games yet. I suspect that will change :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I love that we've won two games in a row.

Rex is still a blowhard and I can't wait till he's gone.

Go Bills!!!!!

+1

I don't think anyone would have any issues with Rex sticking around if they keep winning and make the playoffs or at least a "win and in" scenario in week 17.

I'm happy for the last two wins as there was a lot of good things in both games. However, I still have my doubts.

Ban this man!

;)

Rex and his Bills totally dominated Belichick and the mighty Pats.........on their home turf. No other team had even come close to competing with the Pats previously.

Give Rex some credit. That was quite an effort by the Bills. It's not often that Belichick is embarrassed like that.

It looks like Rex's decision to fire Roman and promote Lynn to OC was indeed an outstanding move. It has changed the outlook for this team for sure.

Things are really looking up. The Bills should get Kouandjio, P. Lewis, Salas back healthy. Dareus and Henderson will also be back from suspension for the next game vs the LA Rams. Sh. Lawson and M. Easley should be back for Week #7 vs Miami.

BTW, the Pats were ranked the #1 team in the league prior to the game with the Bills. Not anymore.

Mitchell and Brissett ran through the Bills' DB drills, not once, but twice in order to stir up some sh*t. It was their way of saying " We don't respect you". The Bills took exception and let them know about it. That's all that happened. Robey confirmed as much after the game.