Bills Awarded WR Justin Hunter from Waivers

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the high upside guys- he's a good option. The type that could be a long term impact, possibly. The only concern in my head here is the short term need with Sammy officially gone and worries about goodwins sustainability.

I guess woods, Powell, salas and Tate is still 4 and you can add little later though so.... I suppose I talked myself into it.

Good scouting report....calls Hunter a freak athlete but unfocused and unrefined...we have a good WR coach to learn from in Sanjay Lal, so if he wants to work hard and learn he will...if not, we know why this is his 3rd team in less than a year.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/11/06/justin-hunter-focus-is-a-skill/

Of the high upside guys- he's a good option. The type that could be a long term impact, possibly. The only concern in my head here is the short term need with Sammy officially gone and worries about goodwins sustainability.

I guess woods, Powell, salas and Tate is still 4 and you can add little later though so.... I suppose I talked myself into it.

Salas is hurt - Goodwin's actually starting. You should probably include him in your 4...

Poor guy gets labeled as injured when hes not - and injured people get listed ahead of him on the depth chart. Not like.. a huge fan of the guy - but jeeze he's not hurt quite yet.

Edited by dneveu

Salas is hurt - Goodwin's actually starting. You should probably include him in your 4...

Poor guy gets labeled as injured when hes not - and injured people get listed ahead of him on the depth chart. Not like.. a huge fan of the guy - but jeeze he's not hurt quite yet.

I didn't label him as injured I was counting him as unreliable and looking at what was left if he ended up missing time during the rest of the season (a fair thing to look at with his issues AND more extensive playing time needed).

I didn't label him as injured I was counting him as unreliable and looking at what was left if he ended up missing time during the rest of the season (a fair thing to look at with his issues AND more extensive playing time needed).

As far as right now and the immediate future - he's a starter til sammy is back or he gets hurt. Powell is getting his shot in the slot while salas is out, hopefully he can make something of it.

As far as right now and the immediate future - he's a starter til sammy is back or he gets hurt. Powell is getting his shot in the slot while salas is out, hopefully he can make something of it.

On a purely practical level I think a gm would be ill advised to plan depth for the position assuming that Goodwin will be a healthy starter for 2-3 months. You hedge against that risk with a guy like Goodwin.

Like I said in the post where I kind of talked myself into the move more fully - if it was Goodwin at starter and some long shot projects behind him you are better served for a Greg little that can step in on one plays notice. We still had more of those guys than I thought so giving hunter a few weeks isn't a bad risk.

Edited by NoSaint

On a purely practical level I think a gm would be ill advised to plan depth for the position assuming that Goodwin will be a healthy starter for 2-3 months. You hedge against that risk with a guy like Goodwin.

Like I said in the post where I kind of talked myself into the move more fully - if it was Goodwin at starter and some long shot projects behind him you are better served for a Greg little that can step in on one plays notice. We still had more of those guys than I thought so giving hunter a few weeks isn't a bad risk.

I have no idea how difficult playing receiver in the NFL is. One of the main knocks on powell making the team, were that he was having issues lining up. So i wonder if that's one of those things hunter is messing up.

Bills have a hell of a field events team....challenge the Pats to a track meet on Sunday and the Bills are golden...Hunter also is a 7' 3" or better high jumper..and a really good triple jumper...TN is no slouch track program and he excelled.

This is one helluva an athlete...there is a huge opportunity for he, Woods, Powell and Goodwin...step up guys...

we got the 4x1 team a few yes ago. CJ. Tj graham. Goodwin. And we could have win with Kyle Williams as anchor with that speed. But Gilmore was also very fast

Yes this was the exact move i wanted to happen

Claim Hunter and put Sammy on Shelf for 8 weeks

exact move ?

Can't hate the idea. If you're taking a long shot on someone, always take the athletic option.

Should we be taking a long shot right now? With Salas out too ?

I don't mind the Hunter , but we need depth now. Bring up Lewis or something !

Not sure...he just went into an inpatient Rehab facility as of yesterday or today

cleared up and inpatient

I have no idea how difficult playing receiver in the NFL is. One of the main knocks on powell making the team, were that he was having issues lining up. So i wonder if that's one of those things hunter is messing up.

This was his weakness per Rex I thought.

His ability to get separation in tight spaces was his strength, Powell i mean.

In reference to Hunter. Remember who our WR coach is. Sanjay Lal was able to get very good production out of a past knucklehead in Harvin.

I have no issue putting Sanjay with a size speed guy that needs the light to come on. If Lal can get this light on. Look out