Whaley has been a complete failure as a GM

Yeezus

If were being honest here. Outside of maybe 1 or 2 good FA pickups his drafts and personnel decisions have been below average. I see people every day claiming how he is one of the "best GM's in football". What a load of crap. What exactly has this guy done to get that title?

Idc what you say, he drafted EJ. Picking a 1st round QB in possibly the worst QB class in the last 15 years was awful decision making. He then supported EJ and tried to get him weapons, that ended up failing big time. Watkins has been an injury prone nightmare. His 2016 draft has already had 2 guys out for the year and 1 guy who will miss half. Karlos williams was a disaster. Darby has prob been his best pick but he has only had 1 good season.

Our WR depth and oline depth is a complete joke, he has done NOTHING to address this so far. Sammy went into training camp injured and we still didn't pick anyone up. Clay has been a waste of money, and McCoy is aging fast.

Whaley is not the guy that should be staying with this team for the future. We are 1-2 soon to be 1-3 and does anyone really see this team making the playoffs this year? What do we even have to look forward to? Does anyone trust this guy picking another QB in the draft? B/c I don't.

Even before Rex, Whaley should be gone. New GM can find his own staff and scouts.

Edited by Yeezus

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If were being honest here. Outside of maybe 1 or 2 good FA pickups his drafts and personnel decisions have been below average. I see people every day claiming how he is one of the "best GM's in football". What a load of crap. What exactly has this guy done to get that title?

Let's start at the top and see if you can support even your very first statements.

Who are you comparing him to that he's "below average" and what metrics are you using? Starters drafted? Production from FAs? I think, if you're going to say that his personnel decisions are below average, you should probably have some time of reasoning (if not real, actual data) to back it up.

Start there, and once we cross that bridge we can move on to you providing links to the every-day posts saying that he's one of the best GMs in the game.

Being objective. Correct about EJ. Also correct about having no contingency for Watkins considering his injury was known about in camp. The rest of the assertions are off base or not within Whaley's control.

Drafting Shaq and trading for McCoy were both questionable at best as well.

I also know hindsight yada yada, but drafting trading up for Sammy is proving to be a disaster in light of the other WRs that would have been around if we stayed out.

Drafting Shaq and trading for McCoy were both questionable at best as well.

I also know hindsight yada yada, but drafting trading up for Sammy is proving to be a disaster in light of the other WRs that would have been around if we stayed out.

I do not agree with the bolded whatsoever.

I do not agree with the bolded whatsoever.

It's def debatable, which is why I said "questionable".

My position is Shaq was known to be hurt prior to the draft. If he turns out to be Bruce or Strahan, then it was worth it!

I like McCoy, but I just don't believe RBs are that impt in today's NFL. Especially for the amt he's getting paid

Let's start at the top and see if you can support even your very first statements.

Who are you comparing him to that he's "below average" and what metrics are you using? Starters drafted? Production from FAs? I think, if you're going to say that his personnel decisions are below average, you should probably have some time of reasoning (if not real, actual data) to back it up.

Start there, and once we cross that bridge we can move on to you providing links to the every-day posts saying that he's one of the best GMs in the game.

Whoa there. Upon reading the title of the thread, why would you waste your time typing insightful questions?

It's def debatable, which is why I said "questionable".

My position is Shaq was known to be hurt prior to the draft. If he turns out to be Bruce or Strahan, then it was worth it!

I like McCoy, but I just don't believe RBs are that impt in today's NFL. Especially for the amt he's getting paid

That's fair. From my perspective, Kiko for Shady straight up was a good call by Whaley in terms of acquiring playmakers that instantly make your team better. His contract is another story, I agree.

As for Shaq, I guess put me in the crowd that believes he will be worth it when he gets going.

That's fair. From my perspective, Kiko for Shady straight up was a good call by Whaley in terms of acquiring playmakers that instantly make your team better. His contract is another story, I agree.

As for Shaq, I guess put me in the crowd that believes he will be worth it when he gets going.

I hope you are right!!

I think we could have probably just either drafted another RB or tried to pick up one or two in FA. Like I said, I like Shady a lot tho.

Whoa there. Upon reading the title of the thread, why would you waste your time typing insightful questions?

Sometimes you need to give someone a chance to show whether or not they put even a shred of thought into their posts. It's my way of knowing whether a person is simply emotional or actually has a point worth listening to...

I hope you are right!!

I think we could have probably just either drafted another RB or tried to pick up one or two in FA. Like I said, I like Shady a lot tho.

There is definitely a lot to like about Shady. If he can play like he did against the Cards on a regular basis (I know there were injuries last year) then I think he is more than worth it. I gotta believe that is what Whaley was envisioning at the time.

Whaley has been more good than bad. He's re-signed the right guys and let the right guys walk. Byrd, Levitre and Spiller = all good calls. Sheppard for Hughes? I'd say that was pretty good. Sorry but Watkins was a sure thing at the time and I loved it. Can't blame Whaley for a foot injuriy three years later. You know who starts for the Steelers? Moats and Cockrell. Coaching is like kind of important too ya know. See: Jim Schwartz. Whaley has been personally responsible for giving our coaching staff more blue chippers to work with than any GM in a long time. Also doesn't hurt that he can actually spend some money.

Also, OP, our offensive line depth is fine. What, do you think other teams have all pro backup guards? Kujo stepped in and played fine in Glenn's absence and soon they'll have Henderson as well. The only thing you're right about in your entire rambling, biased drivel is yes, he did neglect the WR position this offseason and the Bills are paying for it.

And dude, what are you talking about? Darby has only had one good season? How many good seasons would he have had so far under a good gm? And McCoy is slowing down fast? I can't even tell if you are trolling or not at this point.

Edited by metzelaars_lives