Jerry Hughes reportedly #2 in NFL in pressures

Rubes

I remember the argument that Hughes was a beneficiary of playing with 3 Pro Bowl players and the he really wasn't that good.

I remember arguing that Hughes might not be the best scheme fit for Rex and that I'd consider not re-signing him.

Jerry shut me up, good and proper. Never been so happy to be wrong.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes has been dominant so far this season. Kyle Williams has been a beast too. Really can't wait until Dareus comes back. If he can come back and be the dominant player we all know he is, this front 7 will be very good. I am not sure what we will get from Lawson when he makes his debut, but if he can be the player we're hoping for, we'll have two beasts inside and the bookend edge rushers we're looking for. Add in some great depth with Alexander, Worthy, Bryant, etc. and this defense could become really good really fast. Just have to hope to be still in the race when it all comes together.

How's Kelvin doing?

who? The guy we traded for him?

Hughes has been dominant so far this season. Kyle Williams has been a beast too. Really can't wait until Dareus comes back. If he can come back and be the dominant player we all know he is, this front 7 will be very good. I am not sure what we will get from Lawson when he makes his debut, but if he can be the player we're hoping for, we'll have two beasts inside and the bookend edge rushers we're looking for. Add in some great depth with Alexander, Worthy, Bryant, etc. and this defense could become really good really fast. Just have to hope to be still in the race when it all comes together.

Coaching aside, If Shaq plays close to his billing, Dareus comes back close to where his game was when he left, and Hughes continues to play well, with KW or AW in there at DT, we have the make up of another Cold Front. Thats right I said it, 2nd coming of the Cold Front.

Edited by Marty McFly

Bout as well as Byrd, Levitre and Spiller are doing. But yeah, Whaley is the worst.

I'm a giant DW but I think the Bills made offers to all of those guys. They just got bigger deals elsewhere (well we let CJ go after Getting McCoy).

And I loved the trade when we got him. I can't stand the stupid penalties. There's a fine line between aggressive and stupid.

Interesting Stat here.

Through 3 games:

Mario Williams (Supa Malcontent) 3 Tackles 1 Sack

That puts Mario on track to hit roughly 5.5 sacks this year.

Jerry Hughes (Roughing the Passer Raptor) 10 Tackles 3 Sacks

That has Hughes on track to hit roughly 16 sacks this year (Will probably be 10-12)

We all know the big $ big name players Miamis got on that line. We all know the missing players we have on this line.

MW please tell us again how Rexs scheme has affected your motor?

DhxWc.gif

I'm a giant DW but I think the Bills made offers to all of those guys. They just got bigger deals elsewhere (well we let CJ go after Getting McCoy).

And I loved the trade when we got him. I can't stand the stupid penalties. There's a fine line between aggressive and stupid.

Whats the penalty comment aimed at? Kiko?

He's been the best Bills' player on the field in all 3 games

Yes he has. The level of his play this year has been incredible, as he's entering his athletic prime.

His downside has never been his ability, his intensity, his passion, his productivity, or the ability to be a dynamic playmaker who can dominate the field of play.

His downside is that he hasn't been able to control himself after the whistle to date.

If he could rectify that, he could wind up putting together the type of career that puts him on the Wall, or even more.

It is only 3 games.

And both Mario and Rex sucked last year.

Lets focus on the motor here. We'll make a bet. As long as both players stay healthy and play every game, I will bet you MW has less than 10 sacks this year. I bet you Jerry Hughes finishes the season with more sacks.

Edited by Marty McFly

I said Mario would have between 8-10 sacks before the season. It looks like Hughes is in for a very good year. Mario will have at least 8 sacks. How's that?

That works, 8 is very plausible, especially with their roster and if they play a team with turnstiles. Lets make it fun tho, well make 8 the over/under. I guess im taking under 8, and you got 8 & over.

Edited by Marty McFly

I remember arguing that Hughes might not be the best scheme fit for Rex and that I'd consider not re-signing him.

Jerry shut me up, good and proper. Never been so happy to be wrong.

i admire how quickly you admit when you are wrong. It gives you so much more credibility than those who cannot. None of us know everything. But you know more than most! Edited by YoloinOhio

It really is amazing that jackass called Whaley and wanted him out of Indy as Bill Polian's last failed #1 pick. How that man still has a job as an NFL GM is beyond me.

Makes Polian look like a g

What's the wager?

I guess well go with the obvious creating a post admitting defeat? I would say loser has to buy a MW Dolphins jersey, wear it and post the pic on TBD

Edited by Marty McFly