Jerry Hughes reportedly #2 in NFL in pressures

Rubes

Absolutely. Hughes has been playing out of his mind. It's great to see his effort and intensity have only increased after getting the big extension. I still think the whole Jets game goes differently if he doesn't bite his tongue on that one play. With him out, it just stagnated what little pressure they had been generating on Fitz.

AND YET SOME FIND FAULT WITH HIM REGARDLESS.

dude is animal. I used to care about his penalties. But no longer. I wish everyone had his skillset and his motor. Bills have a couple.

Not surprised hes been playing lights out. It is impressive considering the missing pieces of our D line

indeed. none of the BS slows him down. even the refs. he just plays and plays as hard as he can

I remember the argument that Hughes was a beneficiary of playing with 3 Pro Bowl players and the he really wasn't that good.

we heard all of that didn't we?

I half believed it too

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he has. The level of his play this year has been incredible, as he's entering his athletic prime.

His downside has never been his ability, his intensity, his passion, his productivity, or the ability to be a dynamic playmaker who can dominate the field of play.

His downside is that he hasn't been able to control himself after the whistle to date.

If he could rectify that, he could wind up putting together the type of career that puts him on the Wall, or even more.

From your lips to God's ear... :beer:

AND YET SOME FIND FAULT WITH HIM REGARDLESS.

dude is animal. I used to care about his penalties. But no longer. I wish everyone had his skillset and his motor. Bills have a couple.

indeed. none of the BS slows him down. even the refs. he just plays and plays as hard as he can

he has passion as part of his game. He was the one flipping over tables on the sideline last year in Washington when no one else seemed to care that they were losing. We need more guys like Hughes. You know who else gets a lot of penalties? Von Miller.

I remember arguing that Hughes might not be the best scheme fit for Rex and that I'd consider not re-signing him.

Jerry shut me up, good and proper. Never been so happy to be wrong.

It is important to keep at least, some parts of the mind open Blokes !

guy is a beast out there. glad he is signed right now cause if he was up for a contract now i'd think he'd get somewhere in the 15 mil range.

he gave the home town discount consciously. we owe him something for that. and that is a fact.

That works, 8 is very plausible, especially with their roster and if they play a team with turnstiles. Lets make it fun tho, well make 8 the over/under. I guess im taking under 8, and you got 8 & over.

I want in

From your lips to God's ear... :beer:

he really is a true Buffalo Bill by now !!

he has passion as part of his game. He was the one flipping over tables on the sideline last year in Washington when no one else seemed to care that they were losing. We need more guys like Hughes. You know who else gets a lot of penalties? Von Miller.

I do not think some Folks know about that event Yolo. Glad you are here to remind us about passion for the game from a player. When at time the game has become a business move for some.

We got us some Jerry. Enjoy the times!

Lol I'm not buying a Dolphins jersey.

I want in

Ok boys. The Wager: Mario Williams total amount of sacks for the season, as an indicator of the motor. The Over/Under is 8.

Loser or Losers Will post the week after the final Sunday game is played 24th of December, admitting defeat, and how wrong they were and how everyone should worship the winner.

Im going with Under 8. Let the games begin.

Where does Mario rank?

3 tackles 1 sack so far. Were taking an over/under on MWs Sack totals this season.

Where does Mario rank?

Ok boys. The Wager: Mario Williams total amount of sacks for the season, as an indicator of the motor. The Over/Under is 8.

Loser or Losers Will post the week after the final Sunday game is played 24th of December, admitting defeat, and how wrong they were and how everyone should worship the winner.

Im going with Under 8. Let the games begin.

I want the Bills side dude.

I watched and rewatched Mario last year when folks were still bitchin that it was Rex all Rex.

Screw Maria and his fridge and his RC cars.

i admire how quickly you admit when you are wrong. It gives you so much more credibility than those who cannot. None of us know everything. But you know more than most!

I think it's important to hold yourself accountable. As most people know by now, I'm incredibly opinionated. If I'm wrong (and it happens a lot), I try to learn from it. I'm a process guy and, sometimes, my process is flawed.

I also don't mind poking fun at myself.

He's great for sure. 15 yard penalties can lose entire games for you though. He cost us 7 points last Sunday with his stupid and completely unnecessary helmet rip penalty when Palmer was already sacked on 3rd down. They would have punted, instead they drove for a touchdown.

We won so I'm over it, but he is dirty and plays cheap. He has to lead the NFL in 15 yarders over the past few seasons.

He's great for sure. 15 yard penalties can lose entire games for you though. He cost us 7 points last Sunday with his stupid and completely unnecessary helmet rip penalty when Palmer was already sacked on 3rd down. They would have punted, instead they drove for a touchdown.

We won so I'm over it, but he is dirty and plays cheap. He has to lead the NFL in 15 yarders over the past few seasons.

I'm with Rex on this one...that penalty was a bit unlucky and not an example of the carelessness Jerry has shown in the past. He was in on the sack and his hand got caught under the helmet as he was trying to pull Palmer down at the shoulder pads, by my recollection. It was more the force of Palmer going down -- rather than Hughes "pulling" on the helmet -- that caused the hat to come off.

The penalty definitely hurt but I'm not upset about how Jerry was playing.

I'm with Rex on this one...that penalty was a bit unlucky and not an example of the carelessness Jerry has shown in the past. He was in on the sack and his hand got caught under the helmet as he was trying to pull Palmer down at the shoulder pads, by my recollection. It was more the force of Palmer going down -- rather than Hughes "pulling" on the helmet -- that caused the hat to come off.

Part of the reason that gets called is reputation.

If you notice, the official looking right at it didn't throw the flag. The flag came from behind the LOS. I think it was a knee jerk reaction to the helmet flying off more than anything.

Not going to knock them for calling it. Split-second decision with all the weight of the concussion lawsuit on them and the league. Just be consistent with that kind of thing.

Part of the reason that gets called is reputation.

If you notice, the official looking right at it didn't throw the flag. The flag came from behind the LOS. I think it was a knee jerk reaction to the helmet flying off more than anything.

Not going to knock them for calling it. Split-second decision with all the weight of the concussion lawsuit on them and the league. Just be consistent with that kind of thing.

Any time a QB's helmet comes off you have to expect a penalty -- whether warranted or not. Thankfully it didn't ultimately decide the game.