Lower Bowl - Security Asked Us to Sit Down

jimmy10

More annoying that inappropriate standing are the drunk !@#$wits with squirrel bladders who leave their seats 20 times a game.

Some of them are going for a refill, too. Bottom line, if the ball is in play and you can hold it, do not interrupt the game for a couple dozen people.

I keep forgetting - even if they were taught good manners - the drunk !@#$wits with squirrel bladders do not give a crap.

I stand when there is a reason and sit when there is not.

I have been going to games since 1964, and nothing has changed in my opinion about the rude and clueless fans, except maybe the WAY they are rude and clueless.

MANY good people at these games too!

Just so everyone knows, it's the Bills that tell the sheriffs, apex, and csc along with the teams guest services people to tell fans to sit down. It's also listed in the rules of the stadium that unnecessary standing will not be tolerated. Please don't blame the people doing their jobs.

Edited by loyal2dagame

I was at the Rex Home Opener last year versus the Colts. The Lower Bowl stood the whole game, even Rex commented on it. It really bothered my wife. I was ok with it but there really was no reason to stand the entire game.

That game we broke tradition and did not tail gate in the far ECC lot. Big mistake. We saw drunks jumping on folding tables and starting fires. We saw fights in the parking lot. We saw topless girls dancing on top of busses. Just before halftime I saw a drunk guy taking a piss in a sink in the men's room right next to a young boy washing his hands. I read that sucker the riot act. Finally, as I was leaving the men's room a fight broke out inside the bathroom, right by the door. I am just tired of it all.

I moved out of WNY a while ago so I haven't been to a game in a long time. But when I did go in the 80's to early '90s pissing in sinks was common. You'd see 4-5 guys all huddled around a sink relieving themselves. Hell it wasn't uncommon to see a guy just pissing right on the floor. Reading you're comment it seems you were a little shocked by this. Maybe it's not as bad as it used to be.

I've always wondered how many people are standing because they really want to. If some a-holes won't sit people around them need to stand to see the game, that leads to more people standing around them. Soon the whole section is standing. But are they standing because they want to or because some morons create a cascading problem.

Yes people, when you go to NFL games, you will end up standing.

If you want to sit, go to the local bocce match. I hear they have barnburners in Delaware Park.

I am 63 and I have multiple sclerosis. Opening day we tailgated from noon until almost 2 AM.

Yes, there were times that I could not stand, but I dealt with it OK.

It baffles me that you are so rude and ignorant

To anyone who says I should stay home, I really feel sorry for you..

I am 63 and I have multiple sclerosis. Opening day we tailgated from noon until almost 2 AM.

:thumbsup:

At football games you sometimes will find yourself standing. If someone doesn't want to stand and can't get access to the handicap seating, then they shouldn't go to the game. It's not rude. It's a fact.

I'm not saying you should stay home but if you come to the game, you should be prepared to stand. If you're sitting in the stadium, the team is sucking balls (and yes, that's been an all-too-frequent way to spend the games for the last two decades).

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

At football games you sometimes will find yourself standing. If someone doesn't want to stand and can't get access to the handicap seating, then they shouldn't go to the game. It's not rude. It's a fact.

If you insist on standing and being drunk, you can go to a bar and do both. That is also a fact. And you are wrong, telling a Bills fan they should not go to a game because they cannot stand throughout it is both rude and amazingly ignorant.

I'm not saying you should stay home but if you come to the game, you should be prepared to stand. If you're sitting in the stadium, the team is sucking balls (and yes, that's been an all-too-frequent way to spend the games for the last two decades).

I'm curious about other teams/stadiums. Take Seattle and their famous 12th man, for example. Can anyone confirm either way whether almost the entire lower bowl at CenturyLink Field stands for the whole game? What about in Pittsburgh or Green Bay? Denver or KC?

Just thinking about the teams known for their fans, and honestly wondering...

Edited by DrDareustein

I'm curious about other teams/stadiums. Take Seattle and their famous 12th man, for example. Can anyone confirm either way whether almost the entire lower bowl at CenturyLink Field stands for the whole game? What about in Pittsburgh or Green Bay? Denver or KC?

Just thinking about the teams known for their fans, and honestly wondering...

Was at Eagles Bills last year and the fans did the normal, rise for big plays, sit for the boring parts.

I'm MUCH more bothered by fans who try to enter and exit the row while a play is going on, than those who stand when I feel like sitting. Those nitwits are absolutely clueless.

That's the beauty of sitting in the wedge-shaped corner sections. Down where we are, the row is only 8-10 seats wide, so that's never much of an issue.

Thats right about where my seats used to be. Could never bring my dad or any kids because of the 3 hours of standing. I get it, but it is a little ridiculous at times. Ideally, stand during defense, sit while on offense, but it's tough to get 10,000 people to agree.

That's how it used to be during the glory days of the 90's in the lower bowl. You stood for defense. Sat for offense . Playoffs seemed like everyone stood the whole game. Very few problems that I can recall.

If you insist on standing and being drunk, you can go to a bar and do both. That is also a fact. And you are wrong, telling a Bills fan they should not go to a game because they cannot stand throughout it is both rude and amazingly ignorant.

I've seen you my fellow Bills fans. You could use a little time on your feet.

Some events you have to stand for. Golf is a standing spectator sport. So is NFL football, for any game or team worth watching. Trying to change it now because a minority of fans can't get onto their feet for a little while is absurd.

If you can't stand for a while during an NFL game, stay home. It's not a huge burden.

Some events you have to stand for. Golf is a standing spectator sport. So is NFL football, for any game or team worth watching. Trying to change it now because a minority of fans can't get onto their feet for a little while is absurd.

If you can't stand for a while during an NFL game, stay home. It's not a huge burden.

If you can't sit for a while....stay home

Edited by nucci

It's a huge burden to sit in the seat provided? Golf is a standing sport for 17 holes because there are no seats. There are bleachers on the 18th and people in them, guess what, sit.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Here's where I come down on this topic:

I think it's unrealistic for anyone to attend an NFL game and not expect the home fans to stand during significant portions of the game (defensive series, big plays, etc.). It's an outdoor (at least in Buffalo) social event, not dinner theater. During cold weather games it even keeps you warmer. Asking fans to sit down while their team is on defense is un-American.

I also think fans who are standing should try to be cognizant of those around them, and adjust their behavior accordingly. If you see there's an 85-year-old directly behind you, maybe you stand a little less.

There are LARGE portions of each game that are unexciting. If you're standing through these portions and someone asks you to sit, it really shouldn't be an issue.

And lastly, drunks will be drunks. If you aren't willing to accept that occasionally their behavior will be irritating, perhaps attending an NFL game in Buffalo isn't for you.

If you can't sit for a while....stay home

You can SIT any time. NFL games have seats for the long down times. When things get interesting, you stand.

This is how you do football fandom. There's a nice comfy recliner waiting for you at home if you want to sit for 3.5 hours.

You can SIT any time. NFL games have seats for the long down times. When things get interesting, you stand.

This is how you do football fandom. There's a nice comfy recliner waiting for you at home if you want to sit for 3.5 hours.

But people in the lower bowl arent using them EVER. I've sat in section 129 the past 3 seasons, and for the home opener this year. There is no sitting. You might, might see the section sit down during a long review or commercial break, but after a minute or two it's right back to standing.

We aren't talking about a good balance, or even what you described in Philly. This is non-stop standing from anthem to the final whistle.