Tom Coughlin was at the stadium

BuffaloPride

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that the sighting of Coughlin is correct, maybe it is for a job interview. Pegula and Coughlin would both have plausible deniability by stating that Coughlin was there under his current NFL job. In plain view but under false pretenses. That's what living in DC does to you.

Edited by DCbillsfan

Coughlin is the exact opposite of Rex. He is a much better coach but he is almost 100.

Personally, I think the best coach has personality somewhere in between Coughlin and Rex. I'm not sure what to feel about this.

One thing we can look forward to with Coughlin is DISCIPLINE

Rex has a contract and he will be paid per those terms. Beside that, the BILLS can do whatever they want, whenever.

Are you seriel?? Like we can have Coffee start Coaching week 6?

. Old man Coffe dont play that penalty ****!

if true. And based on Coughlin's statements post giants that he wanted too spend time with his family. and was done coaching, The fact that any owner parading a possible coaching candidtae around OBD and a big name no less. wouldn't be a great look for the currently employed staff there. I don't see Pegula being that cold. Unless the ryan bros are leaving bery bery soon. I don't see this.

My guess would be this is nor for HC. but president of football operations like the Tuna was in miami ( and failed) could be in play? or new GM?

cold or bold ??

Czar you absolutely sure about this?

are - czar :lol::thumbsup:

This was reported by another poster as well (that he was at lunch with Terry and Russ) earlier this week

Tom is a great coach and knows how to build a team (and beat Patsies twice) if he could turn this around then when he steps down we could promote from within to keep it going.

Russ only handles tickets and marketing.

exactly.

I love posters who actually believe this.

Russ is why Rex is here, thanks genius just stick to marketing

if true. And based on Coughlin's statements post giants that he wanted too spend time with his family. and was done coaching, The fact that any owner parading a possible coaching candidtae around OBD and a big name no less. wouldn't be a great look for the currently employed staff there. I don't see Pegula being that cold. Unless the ryan bros are leaving bery bery soon. I don't see this.

My guess would be this is nor for HC. but president of football operations like the Tuna was in miami ( and failed) could be in play? or new GM?

Coffee lives 40 minutes from me in a nice ass gated community, seen his house. Runs a lot of charitys for the keeeds. I would welcome Coffee into the fold as a HC or Czar quick style tho.

1. Coughlin meets with multiple teams as part of his job with the NFL.

2. No team, not the Bills/Pegulas, or any other organization no matter how bad the situation or coaching issues will ever bring in a potential replacement into the building before they have ever fired their existing staff. Will not ever happen.

This is nothing outside of his job for the NFL and doing a standard visit. Doesn't mean the Pegulas wouldn't throw in a "what if" question or two, but he was not here to potentially become the next HC or for any other job inside the Bills organization, and that is 100% fact. Doesn't mean they didn't take the opportunity to throw some feelers out, but that was not by any means the purpose of his visit.

Damn. way to zoom in to the dudes face when your trying to fap it to Lela Star! killed it! damn you and your logic! :wallbash:

He's the Dinosaur in Dinosaur BBQ.

All jokes aside, he's the kind of a guy I'd be good with as the czar, but preferably not the coach. Like Rex, he comes in with some great seasons under his belt, but he is quite removed from them. He is hard-nosed (which I truly believe this team needs) and a disciplinarian, but he's a short term answer due to age. The kind of coach this team needs is a Mike Tomlin. Young, hungry, smart, tough. I know they don't grow on trees, but Coughlin would solely be a stop-gap.

age smage, Marv could still coach if they let him

Damn. way to zoom in to the dudes face when your trying to fap it to Lela Star! damn you and your logic! :wallbash:

Dang! needs to work on those hamstrings, probably implants

Hmm so we gotta go for an even more ancient coach? Seems unpromising v2.

Can't the pegulas find the next BEST coach coming up from collegiate sports or some gem in the NFL somewhere?

Tom Coughlin is at a 0.531 Win %. Would he risk going under .500?

He's the Dinosaur in Dinosaur BBQ.

All jokes aside, he's the kind of a guy I'd be good with as the czar, but preferably not the coach. Like Rex, he comes in with some great seasons under his belt, but he is quite removed from them. He is hard-nosed (which I truly believe this team needs) and a disciplinarian, but he's a short term answer due to age. The kind of coach this team needs is a Mike Tomlin. Young, hungry, smart, tough. I know they don't grow on trees, but Coughlin would solely be a stop-gap.

Coughlin can help find the next Tomlin. He likely has great knowledge of most assistants in the NFL and could assemble a staff.

Not sure, I am just assuming he was if multiple people saw him per this thread says. But he works for the NFL and visits teams...that would be the ONLY reason he could have been at OBD, that was the point. I don't even know if it was confirmed he was there or not.

Never mind that interviewing for any kind of a position with any team right now is a huge conflict of interest for his current job at the NFL.

Damn. way to zoom in to the dudes face when your trying to fap it to Lela Star! killed it! damn you and your logic! :wallbash:

Does this Pepsi make my ass look big?

I like boobs. I like shapely bootys. I like thin waists. That girl has them all in the wrong proportions. Not attractive.