Time to see what Cardale can do?

CSBill

Should the Bills offence look like it has looked, and the even worse Defense continues to show it can't carry the team either ...... Provided he is fully healthy, is it time to throw Cardale Jones out there for the rest of the season to see what the Bills have in him (after 0-5, 0-6) ?????

Reasoning: If the record is going to put us in the top five of the draft, there will be tremendous pressure to draft a QB higher than unidentified QB should be drafted. If Cardale proves capable, it would take that pressure off.

Thoughts?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no reason to. Give Tyrod all season to play. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt whether to cut him this offseason or not. Huge money is at stake next year for him and so far, hes flatlined. We dont need a 25 million dollar placeholder while we look for another QB.

Theres no reason to. Give Tyrod all season to play. They have to know beyond a reasonable doubt whether to cut him this offseason or not. Huge money is at stake next year for him and so far, hes flatlined. We dont need a 25 million dollar placeholder while we look for another QB.

Good point and a very important consideration to the team moving forward. They need to have a definitive answer on Tyrod.

If they think that there is any chance that Jones could develop into a good NFL QB, then they should not play him this year.- he isn't ready and that could destroy his confidence.

They need to see if he can be the answer, which will dictate whether they let TT walk and/or draft a QB early next year.

If the Pats can play Edelman at QB, why can't we put Cardale in there?

Oh, because Edelman will look better than Cardale.....

No it's because they apparently can plug any QB into their system and still win.

At this juncture, right now as it sits, I don't not think the Bills are going to give TT the $$$. He would need to be so good over the remaining 14 games for them to even consider it IMO. Him being the elite of the elite isn't going to come close to happening so if they go 0-4 why not a new direction.

At this juncture, right now as it sits, I don't not think the Bills are going to give TT the $$$. He would need to be so good over the remaining 14 games for them to even consider it IMO. Him being the elite of the elite isn't going to come close to happening so if they go 0-4 why not a new direction.

Because Dareus comes back after game 4. With Dareus playing against the Jets, they likely win.

If they put Cardale in there it won't be a "new direction". It'll be the same direction with a steeper downward slope.

There are two options to make the Bills better on this board.

1. Find a new QB after 2 games.

2. Fire a coach or front office suit.

Although I am entering into the fire Rex camp, can we let a QB who has shown some signs of brilliance try to develop?

I'd like to see McCoy be McCoy.

McCoy certainly has skated on being incredibly pedestrian.

Edited by taterthegator

I miss the days before the Internet when I was blind to how many idiots masquerade as Bills fans. Tyrod Taylor made the Pro Bowl last year and after 2 games you are willing to cast him off in favor of a QB who never played in a regular season game and only played vs backups in pre season. I understand someone will counter with Taylor was a Pro Bowl Alternate. Nevertheless he is the first Bills QB to be selected to the Pro Bowl this century. You would think he would be given more than 2 games.

There are two options to make the Bills better on this board.

1. Find a new QB after 2 games.

2. Fire a coach or front office suit.

Although I am entering into the fire Rex camp, can we let a QB who has shown some signs of brilliance try to develop?

I'd like to see McCoy be McCoy.

McCoy certainly has skated on being incredibly pedestrian.

31 carries through 2 games for 117 yards ? Needs more carries, might happen once we can extend drives with a real Qb.

Yes put in Cardale or Ej. Converting 3rd and short will be nice.

Edited by Ryan L Billz