Rex Told Lynn That Lynn Would Be The Next Head Coach

birdo67

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I said it

And

It has....you dont see it? Put aside the fact that the D gave up those points due to lack of pass rush....poor tackling....and extremely odd corner play

THe D DOES seem to be communicating better...and they communicated better in game 1 as well.

communicating better from piles of **** to pure **** is really an improvement

I concur that he's just not into doing the work.

Last season the defense looked best in prime time vs NE* and against the Jets.

Watching the NE* game especially I wondered if maybe he only really prepared the way you need to in order to win some of the time

I said the exact same thing to my Bills friends after those two games.

• 2 months later...

I realize that this is my first post ever, so it will be taken with an extra large grain of salt, and I completely understand that.

And I can't reveal my source, but this comes from someone with knowledge of the conversation -

During this most recent off-season, Lynn had been interviewing with other teams, looking to move up the offensive coaching ladder. Rex was aware of these interviews, and he called him in for a chat. He basically said, "Look, I'm not going to stop you from interviewing with other teams. But trust me, you want to stay here. This will be my last year, and the Pegulas love you. You're going to be the next Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills."

That wouldn't have made much sense at the time, but after the start to this season, and after Roman getting fired, it's starting to look a lot more likely. So why would Rex assume or even know this would be his last year? Did the Pegulas really give him that ultimatum that we heard about? Did Rex never plan to finish out his 5-year contract in the first place?

Maybe Rex will be fired during or after this season, maybe not. Maybe we'll get another big name coach to replace him, maybe not. But if Anthony Lynn is named the next Head Coach, whether it's interim or long-term, we'll know that Rex was ready for all of this months ago.

Just thought I'd bump this thread in case Rex is actually fired per La Confora report.

I like A Lynn a lot as a candidate

What has Lynn done to prove he's a good offensive coordinator let alone a HC?? Apparently he has impressed the Pegula's with his what?? His personality?? Isn't that why they hired Rex... I just hope they don't hire him because of his skin pigmentation.

Edited by Wiz

I realize that this is my first post ever, so it will be taken with an extra large grain of salt, and I completely understand that.

And I can't reveal my source, but this comes from someone with knowledge of the conversation -

During this most recent off-season, Lynn had been interviewing with other teams, looking to move up the offensive coaching ladder. Rex was aware of these interviews, and he called him in for a chat. He basically said, "Look, I'm not going to stop you from interviewing with other teams. But trust me, you want to stay here. This will be my last year, and the Pegulas love you. You're going to be the next Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills."

That wouldn't have made much sense at the time, but after the start to this season, and after Roman getting fired, it's starting to look a lot more likely. So why would Rex assume or even know this would be his last year? Did the Pegulas really give him that ultimatum that we heard about? Did Rex never plan to finish out his 5-year contract in the first place?

Maybe Rex will be fired during or after this season, maybe not. Maybe we'll get another big name coach to replace him, maybe not. But if Anthony Lynn is named the next Head Coach, whether it's interim or long-term, we'll know that Rex was ready for all of this months ago.

how are you at picking Lottery numbers ?

Keeping A Lynn would make some sense because the offense (with a better QB) could really be good with the weapons they have, but i can't see Rex giving up on the season before it even started !

But most all of Rex coaching appointments i didn't like especially seeing as he brought them from a loosing team :doh:

So keeping the offensive coaching staff for the most part intact wouldn't be a terrible thing but the D coaches need to go !

You see how after Donny Henderson left the corner back play went in the S****ER i think this D coaching staff needs to be broken up because they have proven with 2 teams they can't do whats necessary to keep the D consistently good !!