Make Polian an Offer He Can't Refuse

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Whatever they do has to be conservative and safe; this is why:

"Buffalo has become the NFLs Dysfunction Junction in recent days, with a new nugget emerging virtually every hour painting the team as a clown show."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/18/report-greg-roman-was-fired-right-after-posing-for-team-photo/

I think Monos would be great, but you are exactly correct in why they can't...

Agree on all counts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually know quite a bit about him. He came up under John Guy and really worked his way through the ranks. He's not ready for that IMO. Fisher and Monos are the next guys in line.

I'm not a 'clean house' type of guy. I'd definitely keep people around that are a net asset. I wouldn't be looking to replace him as a matter of urgency, that's for sure.

It's really difficult to come up with candidates when so little is known about most of them. I've kept my eye on the guys Hatman has mentioned, I figure that it's likely smart to look at the better teams. It's why I'm very open to the idea of anyone from the Patriots.

Agree on all counts

That is honestly the only reason I have said "czar"; Ron Wolf is safe (plus if he could sway his son...LOL)

Fwiw- I was in town for the game and went to 716 Wed night. Bruce's retirement party was going on down stairs and we could see everything. Pegula had a good, long convo with Bill Polian.

It is a certainty that they have talked and I just know (I know nothing) that he is giving them advice; even more so now and going forward at this juncture. Pegs has tried to get him from the beginning it seems....

Edited by Reed83HOF

I'm not a 'clean house' type of guy. I'd definitely keep people around that are a net asset. I wouldn't be looking to replace him as a matter of urgency, that's for sure.

It's really difficult to come up with candidates when so little is known about most of them. I've kept my eye on the guys Hatman has mentioned, I figure that it's likely smart to look at the better teams. It's why I'm very open to the idea of anyone from the Patriots.

I know people get turned off by any future GM from NE because of Pioli and Dimitroff failed leaving NE and people say it is all Hoodie.

However the caveat to that were the Owners of Chiefs and Falcons same type of Owner Kraft is.

Guys like this just dont forget how to manage a team, cap, evaluate players overnight.

On Polian

Polian checks all the Russ Brandon bullets.

Sucessful in past (not so much in recent past) CHECK

Reaches into the 90s CHECK

Plays to nostalgia CHECK

Yep i can sell that to fans for 3 years Terry no matter how bad on field results are

Edited by MAJBobby

I know people get turned off by any future GM from NE because of Pioli and Dimitroff failed leaving NE and people say it is all Hoodie.

However the caveat to that were the Owners of Chiefs and Falcons same type of Owner Kraft is.

Guys like this just dont forget how to manage a team, cap, evaluate players overnight.

I'm really surprised with Dimitroff - always thought he was going to take off

On Polian

Polian checks all the Russ Brandon bullets.

Sucessful in past (not so much in recent past) CHECK

Reaches into the 90s CHECK

Plays to nostalgia CHECK

Yep i can sell that to fans for 3 years Terry no matter how bad on field results are

Member berries

I'm really surprised with Dimitroff - always thought he was going to take off

Well he goes from a handsoff owner in Kraft, to an owner that like to have say.

That is my point with the GM you have to find one that is successful with how you see yourself as an owner.

If you are a meddler you better hire that GM that is used to it and knows how to deal and be successful with it.

Well he goes from a handsoff owner in Kraft, to an owner that like to have say.

That is my point with the GM you have to find one that is successful with how you see yourself as an owner.

If you are a meddler you better hire that GM that is used to it and knows how to deal and be successful with it.

When has someone from the Patriots EVER done anything outside of being with the Patriots? I can't think of one...all of them have failed and have gone back to the Patriots.

There were reports that the Pegulas wanted to hire Bill Polian as a football czar, but he apparently wasn't interested. I think part of the reason he wasn't interested is because he didn't want to have to do the dirty work of firing Whaley and the rest of the scouting department.

When the season ends fire Whaley and Rex. Give Bill Polian a monetary offer he can't refuse. Say 5 years $50 million. The Pegulas have been throwing money at players and coaches to no result. Do the smart thing and put your money on someone who is proven.

Bill Polian knows how to set up a successful structure to a football team. He has done it 3 times with some historic results. I don't care if he displays complete nepotism and hires his son as GM. The Bills are dysfunctional and need a total rebuild. They need someone with experience and knowledge to come in and set them up for the future. Also someone to school the Pegulas on how to have sustained success in the NFL.

Make Bill Polian a very rich man and sell him on coming back to Buffalo to help complete the job he started.

HELL NO

I think the football czar is one of the stupidest ideas ever. How come every other team has a GM and we need a czar? If you don't like the job that Whaley's doing fire him and hire someone else. Let them make the coaching hires. It's really not that complicated. That guy should 1,000% not be Bill Polian.

I'll throw Nick Caserio out there if you're looking for a guy.

:)

It's not a stupid idea when you have a team president who has so much power and influence over the team that is not a football man. The problem is that as long as Brandon is part of the org chart on the football side, that no GM the Bills hire will ever have the control he needs to build the team his way. Doug Whaley didn't even get the chance to pick his own head coach because someone put the idea into these new owners heads that they were NFL football smart enough to do it themselves.

I gotta tell you that the Pegula's are already starting down a slippery slope that kept a lot of quality coaches from coming to Buffalo because of the late owners meddling with the team. Meeting with the players and deciding to make changes based on what they and the GM say is already starting to make people rethink! They really need to step away from the football side if they ever want to win in the NFL.

Bill Belichick is the man who makes all the calls on who the Patriots draft and who the team hires on the football side so If your really going to hire a man to run the entire football side of the Org I'd start with a very experienced GM that knows talent. Ted Thompson current GM of the Packers comes to mind. That is if he would take the job as team president of football operations for the Buffalo Bills.