USA Today: "Frustration with Roman spilled into locker room"

YoloinOhio

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people realize that the good, sophisticated offenses (NE, Arizona) change plans radically every week based on opponent. That player's criticism strikes me as a pretty witless.

If players were truly complaining, we have to assume that G-Ro was making more dramatic changes than other teams. Players wouldn't complain if G-Ro was making typical week-to-week adjustments.

I'm guessing Rex heard complaints from players, had concerns with his own observations, and came to the conclusion Lynn would do a better job.

Edited by hondo in seattle

It will be better once Rob and Rex are out of town.

I am not counting on Rob or Rex to cover Brandon Marshall, Decker, or any other receiver. At some point, players have to make plays.

In my view, the failure to make plays on those third down conversions had nothing to do with Rob or Rex.

Yet, I understand that people who are Rex Haters will blame every missed tackle etc. on Rex and Rob.

They can't run the ball because the D has no respect for the passing game. It all ties together. In 2016 teams pass to set up the run, not the other way around. Roman does not seem to have evolved.

^ This. But not purely on Roman. Also on Tyrod. And on Whaley, because when Sammy is not 100% there's just no targets the other team fears (don't give me Charles Clay)

They can't run the ball because the D has no respect for the passing game. It all ties together. In 2016 teams pass to set up the run, not the other way around. Roman does not seem to have evolved.

This is a pretty good point.

I am looking forward to a game when I do not read or hear that an opposing player has said that their strategy was to force TT to be a QB. A comment like that can never be good. No one ever said that regarding Brady etc.

This is a pretty good point.

I am looking forward to a game when I do not read or hear that an opposing player has said that their strategy was to force TT to be a QB. A comment like that can never be good. No one ever said that regarding Brady etc.

Brady wasn't exactly automatic his first couple years. He had some good games but alot of 160 yard games too. Defense and the running game carried them back then, and *cheating.

It's all of it. Not a black or white matter.

Pegulas were pissed. Players were pissed. It's on the HC to make a move and it's his final decision.

It's good leadership for Rex to publicly take it all on himself in the press.

Fans that nitpick this stuff in the search for some absolute truth (as if that even exists) need to grow up.

But, but rushes to judgement and conspiracy theories!

As has been mentioned we'll find out if it was the right move. If not, Rex is hosed and he'll likely be gone as well. Might as well shake it up to see what happens...

Also, thumbs up to those that mentioned Roman's running Shady into a wall. What'd we have, 1 running play in the playbook?

As has been mentioned we'll find out if it was the right move. If not, Rex is hosed and he'll likely be gone as well. Might as well shake it up to see what happens...

Also, thumbs up to those that mentioned Roman's running Shady into a wall. What'd we have, 1 running play in the playbook?

stretch left 25 times a game

someone replaced his playbook with the Doug Marrone/Nate Hackett playbook. Mwahahahaha

#CJupthemiddleforminus2

Edited by YoloinOhio

Star WR needs targets - he wasn't getting them. Some on here call him a complainer but it is just true. He is the best talent on the team and they need to get him the ball. 15+ targets a game.

Whaley and to some degree Rex, have their careers riding on Taylor and Sammy. Whaley gave up a first round pick for a guy who is being out produced by two players he could have had by just staying in his draft spot. Rex has the label of never being able to develop a QB.

Pegs already intervened with the Rex hire and not letting Whaley release FJ when he wanted.

This was not all Rex's decision. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The frustration was revealed in the second half of the Jets game. The Bills were in 3rd and makeable, and TT threw one of his half dozen ducks toward Clay, who was not exactly making the best effort either. Incomplete, fourth down, and Watkins was on the other side of the field, watching, and then pounding the ground in frustration. I suspected it was frustration at the incompetence of TT to hit basic, elementary-school throws that an NFL QB has to hit 99 times out of 100.

I haven't seen any injury reports about Watkins, but he wasn't on the field when the Bills were making their slow-motion last-gasp attempt to come back. I hope his foot was just sore. My guess is, his heart was sore. He knows he's a talented player but it just isn't working. I think Watkins will be in Buffalo until his rookie contract runs out, and then takes less money than the Bills offer, to go. Anywhere.

Edited by Utah John

Star WR needs targets - he wasn't getting them. Some on here call him a complainer but it is just true. He is the best talent on the team and they need to get him the ball. 15+ targets a game.

Whaley and to some degree Rex, have their careers riding on Taylor and Sammy. Whaley gave up a first round pick for a guy who is being out produced by two players he could have had by just staying in his draft spot. Rex has the label of never being able to develop a QB.

Pegs already intervened with the Rex hire and not letting Whaley release FJ when he wanted.

This was not all Rex's decision. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Does it bother you at all that Sammy looks like he is in so much pain he can barely walk?

The frustration was revealed in the second half of the Jets game. The Bills were in 3rd and makeable, and TT threw one of his half dozen ducks toward Clay, who was not exactly making the best effort either. Incomplete, fourth down, and Watkins was on the other side of the field, watching, and then pounding the ground in frustration. I suspected it was frustration at the incompetence of TT to hit basic, elementary-school throws that an NFL QB has to hit 99 times out of 100.

I haven't seen any injury reports about Watkins, but he wasn't on the field when the Bills were making their slow-motion last-gasp attempt to come back. I hope his foot was just sore. My guess is, his heart was sore. He knows he's a talented player but it just isn't working. I think Watkins will be in Buffalo until his rookie contract runs out, and then takes less money than the Bills offer to go. Anywhere.

i don't think he will be back either unless something changes dramatically.

I haven't seen any injury reports about Watkins, but he wasn't on the field when the Bills were making their slow-motion last-gasp attempt to come back. I hope his foot was just sore. My guess is, his heart was sore. He knows he's a talented player but it just isn't working. I think Watkins will be in Buffalo until his rookie contract runs out, and then takes less money than the Bills offer, to go. Anywhere.

It will all depend if they can get the offense worked out.

I really wonder what a change in OC is going to bring for this offense......people are thinking because he was the running backs coach its gonna be more running.....I actually think that might not be the case......he might be thinking...."lets throw to set up the run"

someone replaced his playbook with the Doug Marrone/Nate Hackett playbook. Mwahahahaha

#CJupthemiddleforminus2

I'm smiling because my friend said the same thing (with more F bombs)! CJ Up The Gut. Over and over.

Edited by Heitz

How can we accurately accuse Rex and any players as "not being held accountable"? I'm serious, not trying to be a smart ass.... Can we say Roman was held accountable because he was fired? Looks to be like he's just held... Well... Unemployed.... I don't think that anyone outside the organization can say if people are being held accountable- we just don't see it... Unless someone has crap play on the field and he's benched.... We can see that one...

going off what happened... what Rex said. ... he would be the first to be held accountable