Greg Gabriel - Slams the Bills

Reed83HOF

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Trump actually.

We are all within our rights to question how the Pegulas run this team. It needs to improve. However, I don't see how anyone could have wanted anyone else to buy the team. At least we have the Buffalo Bills, let's just hope they learn how to run it. Trust me, no one else regardless of what they said would have kept the team in Buffalo. In reality it's a poor business decision.

We are all within our rights to question how the Pegulas run this team. It needs to improve. However, I don't see how anyone could have wanted anyone else to buy the team. At least we have the Buffalo Bills, let's just hope they learn how to run it. Trust me, no one else regardless of what they said would have kept the team in Buffalo. In reality it's a poor business decision.

Here here. Dear Terry and Kim, you know next to nothing about football. I still love you because we still have a team. But Spend .001% of your money and hire a czar who does know how it works. Sit in the box and enjoy the success and let them make the decisions.

Here here. Dear Terry and Kim, you know next to nothing about football. I still love you because we still have a team. But Spend .001% of your money and hire a czar who does know how it works. Sit in the box and enjoy the success and let them make the decisions.

Since I have been correct with all my projections with the Bills and Whaley's acquisitions all they have to do is hire Eliot Wolf to fix the problem. Give him the world and let him do his thing with his football people.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Steve Young in the 3rd quarter of the late, late Niners-Rams MNF opener: "You watch the Niners tonight, you have to say this just looks like a well-coached team. Players in position, not many penalties, executing plays well ... ." (I imagine the Eastern Time Zone was asleep by then, so I'm repeating it here.) It was a telling comment. Watching the game, it just rang true. Draft bust Blaine Gabbert was even put into a position to succeed against what was rated as a very good defense. And the defense was playing a horrible offense, but a shutout is a shutout. Guess what? The Niners just passed us, after just one really bad season. Sometimes cleaning house is what it takes. You have to have the guts to hit bottom because in today's NFL the road back can be remarkably quick. Getting rid of a terrible coaching staff is a start.

I never said we can't question how they run the team. I just said we can't really talk about who we wished would have bought the team, because if that happened we'd probably have no team. I'm sure they will learn from the Rex mistake. It's not like we can find a worse coach. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Steve Young in the 3rd quarter of the late, late Niners-Rams MNF opener: "You watch the Niners tonight, you have to say this just looks like a well-coached team. Players in position, not many penalties, executing plays well ... ." (I imagine the Eastern Time Zone was asleep by then, so I'm repeating it here.) It was a telling comment. Watching the game, it just rang true. Draft bust Blaine Gabbert was even put into a position to succeed against what was rated as a very good defense. And the defense was playing a horrible offense, but a shutout is a shutout. Guess what? The Niners just passed us, after just one really bad season. Sometimes cleaning house is what it takes. You have to have the guts to hit bottom because in today's NFL the road back can be remarkably quick. Getting rid of a terrible coaching staff is a start.

We do have some blue chip talent...

The Pegulas are part of the dysfunction. I don't feel sorry for them.

beat me to it

You do remember Marrone quit right? Head coaches hire their own coordinators, etc. How in the hell you can blame this debacle on the Pegulas is just insane.

He hired Ryan.....and proceeded to tear apart a top defense

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 4m4 minutes ago

The Bills are one of the most mismanaged, poorly coached teams in the NFL. I feel bad for the Pegula's

I have to agree with the former, but as for the latter, they were reportedly charmed by Rex and "All In" on the hiring decisions and all the other decisions (retain Brandon, extend Whaley, bring in Rob).

You make your bed, you lie in it.

You do remember Marrone quit right? Head coaches hire their own coordinators, etc. How in the hell you can blame this debacle on the Pegulas is just insane.

Head coaches do hire their own coordinators. It is possible that Schwartz would not have stayed no matter what unless he were HC, and I'm not sure he's a great HC.

It is also possible that if the Bills brought in an offensively-minded HC Schwartz could have been persuaded to stay, or an offensively-minded HC might have brought in a DC who would have done a better job of utilizing the personnel he had. Those are all "Maybes", and May Bees don't Fly in September.

What's not a "maybe" is that the Pegulas are ultimately responsible for the HC hiring decision and other FO personnel decisions. That's for sure. Why do you feel its "insane" to hold them responsible for the results?

I agree that the Pegula's are part of the dysfunction. They went out and just purchased the biggest name on the market for coaching positions after Maronne left. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would do their homework more diligently than the Pegulas.

Honestly they need to Fire REX and all his coordinators OR fire Greg Blo-men for his horrible play calling "abilities" to start off with.

As a lifelong Bills fan I DO take this personal. The Bills are seriously capable of winning games like tonight and the one during Week 1. However this POOR coaching should give some indication that the Bills owners are literally falling apart. It looks like Sammy and Goodwin are hurt after the game, not to mention Tyrod, which he DID suffer a concussion.

As far as the Pegula's go and the community of Buffalo, I feel very sorry for you guys. You have a multi-billion dollar owner of your sports team who can't use any of his knowledge or even his money help him recruit a talented coach along with FO personnel. The people of Buffalo deserve something to believe in. Unfortunately, the Pegulas are the foundation of the problem at this point and are misleading Buffalonians into a false sense of success.

Seriously the least concerened FO i've ever seen of any sports team, including my high school team. My high school team focused more on researching their coach than the Pegulas did on anything they've done for this franchise. Until then the Bills will continue being the laughing stock of the NFL because of poor leadership, coaching, and a fan-base which has had enough disappointment with their sports teams failing. The Pegulas seriously need to take the head out their ass and get an outside perspective of how screwed up they really are.

I've never hated the Bills and never will. But I extremely dislike the Bills ownership & coaching. Seriously my buddies and I could motivate these players and coach them up to their full potential with a better chemistry than these NFL "gurus" who've spent their whole life coaching football. Yet, they're the ones who recycle their dad's old playbook that worked decades ago.

Until then, SCREW YOU PEGULAS!!!!!

Little hard on the Pegulas aren't you pal. I do agree with some of the stuff you mentioned. To me this looks like deja vu though. They made the same mistake with the Sabres. Tried to be nice, allowed Regier to spend a ton of money before they had to bottom out & clean house. It set the Sabres back a few years but they got a real hockey guy calling the shots in Murray & it seeems like they are on the right track. Unfortunately this is what is going tp happen to the Bills. My guess is they will bottom out this year(I don't see them winning more than 3 games) get a high pick, hopefully a true franchise qb is available & they are going to have to clean house & get a football guy running the operations. That means bye bye Rex & his fat f&ck brother, bye bye Whaley & hopefully he kicks Brandon's arrogant a** out the door too. This playoff drought will hit 20 years, folks.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

how can you say that? They hired one coach and they are part of the dysfunction ?

They overruled the football guy (Whaley) who wanted to hire a great offensive coach in Hue Jackson and Whaley and Hue wanted to keep Schwartz to run his league leading in sacks defense. Schwartz's defense >>>> Rex's defense.

how can you say that? They hired one coach and they are part of the dysfunction ?

They have shown a complete failure at improving and evaluating the football operations. They failed to recognize Ralphs trash as the dysfunction which shows glaring incompetence. They even promoted Russ Brandon, retained and eventually extended Doug Whaley after it was fairly obvious they are not good at their jobs. They have made 3 egregious moves that have set this team back another 5 years.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

It wasn't just the hiring of Rex, but the ramifications on the elite defense with a totally different system. That was a championship quality defense that was destroyed with the hire. Also, for some reason, Marrone didn't want to work for Pegula. Maybe he was smarter than we give him credit for.

It wasn't just the hiring of Rex, but the ramifications on the elite defense with a totally different system. That was a championship quality defense that was destroyed with the hire. Also, for some reason, Marrone didn't want to work for Pegula. Maybe he was smarter than we give him credit for.

Marrone walks, then Ryan is hired over Schwartz... Whoever is sailing this ship is not seaworthy.