Tyrod unforced error examples: All 22 breakdown

Bocephuz

Two things

- Your gonna hear a LOT of heavy crit on Tyrod Taylor now that he isnt playing for peanuts and has a legit NFL QB contract. Some of that is warranted but it is gonna be way way overblown.

- EVERY QB in the NFL misses open guys......Tyrod did not play a good game on Sunday but lets not act like every in the league does not miss open receivers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things

- Your gonna hear a LOT of heavy crit on Tyrod Taylor now that he isnt playing for peanuts and has a legit NFL QB contract. Some of that is warranted but it is gonna be way way overblown.

- EVERY QB in the NFL misses open guys......Tyrod did not play a good game on Sunday but lets not act like every in the league does not miss open receivers.

John

This is precisely the type of post that provokes the typical responses to you. You cannot objectively defend TTs play on Sunday by comparing him to other QBs.

The complaint is that he never even tried to pass to wide open WRs, unlike most QBs in the NFL would at least attempt the throw.

Two things

You've drank enough Koolaid for 10 cults combined. You've become the man trying to hush his crying children in Jonestown.

I'm willing to write off week 1 even though I shouldn't.

If Tyrod sucks week 2 in 2 nights, we will know something is off. Perhaps last year he only had 35 plays with 1-2 reads on each play, and a simple dump off release option. It does seem that on many pass plays receivers are simply running a decoy route knowing Tyrod will never throw their way. And as Baltimore said, we wanted to make him be a quarterback. Perhaps defenses have cracked the code.

Edited by Dr.Sack

For those criticizing play one, I'm watching it now. The play was predetermined -- get it into Shady's hands. He had a bad game (it happens), but that criticism is simpy unfair. He was executing a script on that play.

like it was only one play hahahaha

Yes. I don't understand how people can throw out everything we've seen from him for ONE game. Ludicrous.

People who are commenting on things they saw last year that are continuing? Well, OK. Makes sense.

But people who say he plays nervous, or only checks down - idiotic. Those are two things he absolutely did not do last year. He did look skittish this game, and it startled me and worried me a little. But it's not a trend yet, by any means. Quite the opposite.

He has plenty of flaws as a QB that he needs to work on. No need to make up new ones based on one game.

nicely stated. and simple enough. If it becomes a "new" trend than we can put our worried hats on and wait for Cardale :devil:

at this point it was surely an anomaly. but an extreme one for TT

Read my post in full. Snark is always weak, btw.

Yeah I read it. I understand that you're defending the play like you were the head coach who called in the scripted play.

If you want me to play along, let me ask you this...why do you think it was scripted to only go to one option?

For those criticizing play one, I'm watching it now. The play was predetermined -- get it into Shady's hands. He had a bad game (it happens), but that criticism is simpy unfair. He was executing a script on that play.

I agree. I thought it was basically two options. Hook; if it isn't there, dump it down.

It may be the case that they basically give him two reads/ half the field, like the steelers used to do with kordell Stewart.

Probably explains why the Ravens just has their safeties go to the side of the field where TT's eyes went, and left the other side pretty open.

Yeah I read it. I understand that you're defending the play like you were the head coach who called in the scripted play.

If you want me to play along, let me ask you this...why do you think it was scripted to only go to one option?

"Play along" and "like the coach"? Like I said, snark and internet challenges to my intelligence aren't my bag. He had a bad game, but he had a good season last year. Let's see how he does going forward. I don't rule out him flopping. I'll take no joy in it if he does because I like him as a player and person. Edited by dave mcbride

But even if true, he did look downfield and it's pretty hard to miss one defensive back attempting to cover both his #1 and #2 WRs. An NFL QB has to have the ability to change the plan when the situation calls for it.

I didn't see the game so haven't had much to say about individual performances, but this is pretty damning evidence.

But even if true, he did look downfield and it's pretty hard to miss one defensive back attempting to cover both his #1 and #2 WRs. An NFL QB has to have the ability to change the plan when the situation calls for it.

I didn't see the game so haven't had much to say about individual performances, but this is pretty damning evidence.

Watching it now on actual tv. He really didn't look downfield at all (trust me, KD). Honestly, i think all-22s can be bad for fans. Seriously, there is usually one guy running free for every team on every play, but a qb has a progresssion to get through and very little time. Plus the bills wanted to establish ball control and get their feature player established right away. I wouldn't get too upset about it. Edited by dave mcbride

I'm doubting it because if that was the plan, Roman would call for a pattern for Shady to be two yards of the LoS with multiple defenders converging on him. That play is suspect because the first read was Clay, who was going to gain more yards than a dump off to Shady. And this is the other criticism of TT's play on Sunday. A vet QB does not dump off that pass, with no pressure, to his RB when there are two defenders barreling to him.

That's the progressions test that Tyrod failed. He passed up a 6 yard gain to Clay, didn't recognize that McCoy was going to be popped, and never moved to progression 3 to see at worst a 20 yard gain and at best an uncontested TD. You expect a 5th year QB to make the right read.

I saw Roethlisberger do this several times on 4th and 1 Monday Night. Not comparing just making an observation.

Yes. I don't understand how people can throw out everything we've seen from him for ONE game. Ludicrous.

People who are commenting on things they saw last year that are continuing? Well, OK. Makes sense.

But people who say he plays nervous, or only checks down - idiotic. Those are two things he absolutely did not do last year. He did look skittish this game, and it startled me and worried me a little. But it's not a trend yet, by any means. Quite the opposite.

He has plenty of flaws as a QB that he needs to work on. No need to make up new ones based on one game.

Good post.

Yes, that's the majority concern I think, he may not have corrected a few problems we saw last year and now there's a well-crafted blueprint out in the league on tape.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Watching it now on actual tv. He really didn't look downfield at all (trust me, KD). Honestly, i think all-22s can be bad for fans. Seriously, there is usually one guy running free for every team on every play, but a qb has a progresssion to get through and very little time. Plus the bills wanted to establish ball control and get their feature player established right away. I wouldn't get too upset about it.

I'll take your word for it...but I just hope we don't have another case of a QB who is either coached to be overly conservative or just does so out of fear.

I saw Roethlisberger do this several times on 4th and 1 Monday Night. Not comparing just making an observation.

That may be, but the objective on 4th and 1 is usually different than on 1st and 10.

DIsclaimer...TT needs to play a LOT better.

In hindsight it is easy to see an open WR from an aerial view of NFL Films. You think it is that easy on the field standing behind huge OL, with equally big DL breathing down your neck, with a split second to make a decision? I bet if you look at film for every team and every play, even the best QB's don't always find the open WR.

Especially difficult with the huge linemen when you are undersized!

I'll take your word for it...but I just hope we don't have another case of a QB who is either coached to be overly conservative or just does so out of fear.

That may be, but the objective on 4th and 1 is usually different than on 1st and 10.

He did have a weak game. I won't argue about that. And re GG's point about Clay, that may well be true. I just don't think a bomb on play one was part of the plan. That's really all I'm saying.