Tyrod unforced error examples: All 22 breakdown

Bocephuz

I'll take your word for it...but I just hope we don't have another case of a QB who is either coached to be overly conservative or just does so out of fear.

That may be, but the objective on 4th and 1 is usually different than on 1st and 10.

No I mean he changed the play and threw a TD to Antonio Brown instead because he saw 1on1 man coverage.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've drank enough Koolaid for 10 cults combined. You've become the man trying to hush his crying children in Jonestown.

There is in fact a lot of crying on this forum

John

This is precisely the type of post that provokes the typical responses to you. You cannot objectively defend TTs play on Sunday by comparing him to other QBs.

The complaint is that he never even tried to pass to wide open WRs, unlike most QBs in the NFL would at least attempt the throw.

And this seems like something he did last year so there would actually be a precedent? I mean because he was KNOWN for that last year.

There are lot of things that I didnt like on Sunday.....lack of using his god given abillity and strictly sitting in the pocket......lack of accuracy (which frankly he is known for) and lack of attempts to get the ball downfield

But

Before we throw that all on Tyrod....we better wait to see if that was not Roman's doing with his late calls from the sideline.

How does TT get worse than last year? I don't get it. We've heard all the talk of the first team reps and how much he put into improving this offseason, then he looks like a rookie in his first game. I don't understand why he sucked so bad.. it's like he regressed, and not just a by a little bit. Disappointing.... but you see it happen all the time in the NFL. QBs look great for a bit, then fall off them map once defenses learn enough to start gameplaning around their tendencies. Hopefully he figures it out.

I don't get it either but here's my hope: We softpedaled through pre season games because of injury paranoia (partly justified), and we should have played our offensive starters for a full half in the 3rd game like most teams do.

There's a reason they do, because your qb needs it, your wideouts need it, your linemen need it. We werent ready on offense Sunday, and our OC is not exactly someone known for lighting up the scoreboard with his system.

I don't get it either but here's my hope: We softpedaled through pre season games because of injury paranoia (partly justified), and we should have played our offensive starters for a full half in the 3rd game like most teams do.

There's a reason they do, because your qb needs it, your wideouts need it, your linemen need it. We werent ready on offense Sunday, and our OC is not exactly someone known for lighting up the scoreboard with his system.

I think Rex lost Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland and he flat out panicked on the injuries

In the game where starters are supposed to play the most he saw Tyrod take a hit because Glenn and Cog were not in there.....and pulled him when he should have let him play the half....Tyrod NEEDED those live reps

He did have a weak game. I won't argue about that. And re GG's point about Clay, that may well be true. I just don't think a bomb on play one was part of the plan. That's really all I'm saying.

I was going to say what you've said, and agree with what you've posted about the opening play. Even the image of Woods breaking free, Tyrod is already in his throwing motion. It was pre determined. I think the reason he didn't go to Clay is because the defender is breaking towards Clay as Tyrod looks his way.

That doesn't mean he played great or even good for the rest of the game.

For those criticizing play one, I'm watching it now. The play was predetermined -- get it into Shady's hands. He had a bad game (it happens), but that criticism is simpy unfair. He was executing a script on that play.

No offense, but I'm not buying this explanation at all. He looked at one option that wasn't there and rather than feel that the pocket was secure for him to look at some of the other downfield options he went immediately to the safety valve and missed one easy option (Watkins) for a first down and Woods who could have had a huge gainer down the middle.

I like T.T and I think he has great potential, but let's just call it for what it was, a bad game.

Edited by Magox

Not buying this at all.

Why?

Watch the play, watch Tyrods head. He looks to Clay then looks to Shady while starting his throwing motion. He never looks left. Add to that that the first couple of series are scripted and it would make sense that this first play was an attempt to get Shady into space and get the passing game going.