Watkins Knows Nobody Can Stop Him...Does his QB?

sven233

But wait a minute, I thought it was ROMAN'S fault that the ball didn't make it to Sammy....

YOU are the only one pushing this narrative that some posters are completely excusing Tyrod, and pinning it 100% on Roman. When I haven't seen anyone say that, not even BillfromNYC put it 100% on Roman.

There's plenty of blame to go around between the two, and everyone realizes that. We can point out Roman's faults without excusing Taylor.

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that Sammy has been kept under wraps all off season, and neither he nor Tyrod saw much preseason action together.

To me, this is the biggest problem so far in that these two just have not played together much and should have.

Rex treated Tyrod as a six-year player when in fact he is only in his second year of starting and needed all the preseason practice time he could get with that offense. Instead, EJ got all the work in preseason and it should have been Tyrod out there with the starters. EJ survived it.

Then we have the problems with the Bills receiver corps and offensive line lacking quality talent past the first three with both units.

Lastly, Watkins should have more than just six targets in an entire game even if it is a run first team. Charles Clay only saw 3 targets for 2 receptions for 40 yards too.

To me, this is the biggest problem so far in that these two just have not played together much and should have.

Rex treated Tyrod as a six-year player when in fact he is only in his second year of starting and needed all the preseason practice time he could get with that offense. Instead, EJ got all the work in preseason and it should have been Tyrod out there with the starters. EJ survived it.

Then we have the problems with the Bills receiver corps and offensive line lacking quality talent past the first three with both units.

Lastly, Watkins should have more than just six targets in an entire game even if it is a run first team. Charles Clay only saw 3 targets for 2 receptions for 40 yards too.

Good points

Sure are lots of excuses flying around

a lot looked bad. either you simply think they will be a team that scores in the single digits week in and week out, or you think there are explanations for why they went wrong. i havent seen much in the way of excuses but a variety of explanations for why we will hopefully be better most weeks and who owns responsibility for why we were bad last week.

Sure are lots of excuses flying around

I just meant that people want to make explanations for why the Bills were terrible on offense. I don't want excuses or explanations. I want to see some of what Roethlisberger was throwing round last night.

In all seriousness, on every pass play, Tyrod should know exactly where Sammy is, what his route is, and be thinking prior to the snap "Throw it to Sammy."

If things unfold such that it is impossible, like Sammy falls down, do something else.

If there is a 50/50 shot at success or better, throw it to Sammy.

On a lot of plays, Tyrod looks like he is unaware that Sammy is on the field.

I just meant that people want to make explanations for why the Bills were terrible on offense. I don't want excuses or explanations. I want to see some of what Roethlisberger was throwing round last night.

then i would suggest watching the games, and not coming to discussion boards, if you want to watch games instead of hearing discussion about them.

TT's issue or GR's?

Starting to think it's TT, now that doesn't mean the OC shouldn't be finding a way to fix it, but we saw the plot of all his attempts last season and it was clear the intermediate to deep middle was not used... At all

Then we saw the Ravens leave that area of the field barren and take away deep sideline balls with deeeep safeties and squat on everything up close. The end result was 111 passing yards.

I understand that - my point is I don't care if he isn't - throw him the ball. Tyrod is capable of making the throws.

I not only agree, but am Adding its even worse given the fact he is usually high school open out there..

If we are only throwing 22 times, Sammy should be targeted 22 times.

Or at least 20 Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

So Sammy should get 15 targets out of 22 pass attempts?

This is part of a MUCH bigger problem. This is a passing league! In NO game (unless it is just a completely odd game that virtually never happens) should we only be throwing the ball 22 times. To win in this league in 2016, you have to be able to throw the ball, and do it a lot. So, if you're throwing it 33+ times a game like you should, there is no reason he couldn't get 12-15 looks.