Head Coaching Candidates

yungmack

I repeat no Mike Shanahan, no Parcells, no Schottenheimer, No Casserly! NO NO NO

I know Mcdaniels had a rough go in Denver as a young coach, but so did Belichick in Cleveland... and many others.

I bet he is much better this go round. Or, find another young cutting edge guy with a future, NOT a past. What matters is going forward.

No Billick No Cowher.....

Why does Belichick get such a bad rap for his time in Cleveland? He took a 3-13 football team to 11-5 and a playoff birth in 4 years...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're going to see Josh McDaniels get his 2nd shot next offseason.

He's done a tremendous job with NE and seems like the kind of innovative offensive mind that could succeed if he learned from his own mistakes in first HC stop.

As for guys I'd like here, here's a shortlist:

Darrell Bevell

Sean McDermott

Mike Shula

It's like QB's. If they were that easy to find, everyone would have one. I'd be willing to trade picks for a head coach, but doubt we would get any takers.

I sincerely doubt we would even listen, but I would write a blank check to Harbaugh in Michigan

Don't think Jim Kelly would like this move

No matter how this all ends up Pegula has to be pissed with how things have gone. He is now paying Roman to sit home, looking at paying Rex, are GM contracts guaranteed? Yikes.

Never mind the fact that reworking the Taylor deal looks like a mistake, not only the cash he had to dish out but now your going to be forced to cut your best QB because of the outrageous # next year.

Then how much guaranteed money has he dished out since buying the team? The highest in the league? Just a guess. Heads will be rolling soon.

Edited by Commonsense

No matter how this all ends up Pegula has to be pissed with how things have gone. He is now paying Roman to sit home, looking at paying Rex, are GM contracts guaranteed? Yikes.

Never mind the fact that reworking the Taylor deal looks like a mistake, not only the cash he had to dish out but now your going to be forced to cut your best QB because of the outrageous # next year.

Then how much guaranteed money has he dished out since buying the team? The highest in the league? Just a guess. Heads will be rolling soon.

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt Sep 16

Bills were NFL's highest spending team in 2015 with payroll over $166 million ($50 million more than lowest spending team, Lions). #Bills

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Have any hoodie disciples panned out as head coaches?

Bill O'Brian has been pretty good actually. He turned around Penn St. after the Sandusky scandal, and has been about as good as possible without a real QB. We'll see how good Osweiler ends up being.

It would be silly to rule out Matt Patricia because Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis didn't pan out as head coaches.

Bill O'Brian has been pretty good actually. He turned around Penn St. after the Sandusky scandal, and has been about as good as possible without a real QB. We'll see how good Osweiler ends up being.

It would be silly to rule out Matt Patricia because Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis didn't pan out as head coaches.

I am a Bill O'Brien fan. Love his leadership style. If he finds a proper QB the Texans will be contenders for a long time in my opinion.

I like Patricia

Smart - a Engineer

Has been running that Patriots Defense since 2010

Alot of speculation he will replace BB when Bill hangs it up.

I would be all over having him as a HC.

Only thing that he doesnt check a box for me is a previous HC, but learned under the Best

Maybe he doesnt get 4 and 5 star recruits but does get the best players at the FCS level to go there.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm ripping the Bills, bc I don't mean it that way....

Any coach that can maximize the talent (even lesser talent) is a coach that I want coaching my favorite team!!

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm ripping the Bills, bc I don't mean it that way....

Any coach that can maximize the talent (even lesser talent) is a coach that I want coaching my favorite team!!

No it doesnt sound like ripping the Bills. But also people need to understand that NDSU does get the best players in the FCS

So.it is no different than the Big Time schools like Bama and such.

Edited by MAJBobby

Maybe he doesnt get 4 and 5 star recruits but does get the best players at the FCS level to go there.

I did a some searching and I don't think he gets the best guys, comparing them to Alabama an such is not realistic and other than wentz and a couple others no one is getting drafted from NDSU. If you are even a solid player are you going to go to some non FCS school?

North Dakota State 2016 Football Commits (14)

• 247Sports Composite Ranking
  • Natl Rank: 142
  • MVC Rank: 1
  • Avg Rating: 0.7507

2017 - 105

2015 - 132

2014 - 148

http://ndsu.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian