Why no deep shots today Mr. Roman?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An athletic TE is a cover-2 beater. Anyone who plays Madden knows this. And I don't think the Ravens were in cover-2 just to "make Tyrod be a QB" - they were also protecting their crummy and injured cornerbacks. We never attacked that weakness.

What drove me mad during the Marrone years was his stubbornness even when it was obvious that what he was doing wasn't working. It drove me to hate his guts. Roman is heading to the same place in my mind...

Wasn't on Roman yesterday. It was 100% Tyrods crap play.

Two easy uncontested TDs on the first and second drives of the game if Taylor can read more than 1/3 of the field.

Roman gets a pass from me.

Agreed.

Though I am willing to also forgive TT a bit. Tough to launch a bomb on your first snap of the season; I can understand why he was looking short and trying to get into a rhythm.

Agreed.

Though I am willing to also forgive TT a bit. Tough to launch a bomb on your first snap of the season; I can understand why he was looking short and trying to get into a rhythm.

I completely disagree with being easy on Tyrod for this. You completely change the complexion of the game if you hit them deep for a TD on play one. You shock not only the Ravens, but their raucous home crowd at M&T.

And you would know this how....

you dont

Roman runs a ton of under over routes. Don't be so harsh.

Did you watch the play to Salas? who was the under rec and was he open?

Wasn't on Roman yesterday. It was 100% Tyrods crap play.

I am afraid Taylor had the yips.

He will recover

It would have been great. But I can see the case for easing into your first game of the year too.

Just rewatched each passing play on All-22. It was infuriating. Going deep early in the game would have dictated the offensive tempo and backed the safeties off. A few times TT looked off an open receiver to check it down. After the first quarter, Ravens cheated up knowing that TT wasn't looking deep and took away any possibility of a run game.

I don't know who should be hung on a rail more after that game - TT or Bush. Both turned in super pathetic gutless efforts.

I just read a blurb on Buffalo Rumblings from Trapasso; Gronk was so lost as a lead blocker they were using Clay as the "defacto lead blocker later in the game" ...

Could be a reason why Clay didn't get many looks...

Interesting to consider. I honestly did not pick up on that once Dray went out

Just rewatched each passing play on All-22. It was infuriating. Going deep early in the game would have dictated the offensive tempo and backed the safeties off. A few times TT looked off an open receiver to check it down. After the first quarter, Ravens cheated up knowing that TT wasn't looking deep and took away any possibility of a run game.

I don't know who should be hung on a rail more after that game - TT or Bush. Both turned in super pathetic gutless efforts.

neither.

let it go.

it was bad. They know it was we know it was.

as i have mentioned, Tyrod had better get over this because the jest are going to bring the same defense with up the middle pressure.

Better move that pocket Son !

unfortunate since Trents arm is nowhere near what TTs is

Don't matter if he doesn't use it...

Interesting to consider. I honestly did not pick up on that once Dray went out

neither.

let it go.

it was bad. They know it was we know it was.

as i have mentioned, Tyrod had better get over this because the jest are going to bring the same defense with up the middle pressure.

Better move that pocket Son !

He has since updated the article http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/9/12/12890658/bills-ravens-tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins-grades-rumblings-week-1

"On the re-watch, I was shocked -- the offensive line played much better than I thought. Almost all of the pressure on Taylor came after he held onto the football for quite a while."

And he still missed wide open WRs...

"Taylor’s poor outing isn’t necessarily reflected as harshly as you probably would have expected mainly due to the fact that his main issue was simply not throwing the football. Glenn Gronkowski was totally lost as a lead-blocker early, which led to Charles Clay operating as the defacto lead blocker later in the game and was likely the reason why he's being released to make room for a Jerome Felton return."

Tough to launch a bomb on your first snap of the season; I can understand why he was looking short and trying to get into a rhythm.

No, it's not tough at all, it's just a football play.

Bills fans have become conditioned to lowering the bar for this team......probably because they often seem like a team of youngsters playing against men......but this team is not young......they just aren't focused on their craft to anywhere near the level of the better teams in the league.

So it's not possible that Tyrod and Roman both sucked yesterday?

Thanks Reed ^^!

Tyrod had a very poor day. even when he had time.

Chalk it up to overpressured i his mind i guess, playing his old team.

Kirby can talk about Roman, and its true to a point. But when Tyrod over threw Bush so poorly it seemed he was just overwrought sunday

Edited by 3rdand12

It would have been great. But I can see the case for easing into your first game of the year too.

I'm with Badol on this one. You've got to be able to pull the trigger on basic plays whether is the first play or the 2 minute drill. If you aren't willing to go big out of the gate should the opportunity present itself, you shouldn't be out there.

That's not to say he saw it or read it right etc... Odds are it had absolutely nothing to do with being the first play of the game