Belichick is the villain Bills fans love to hate

Punching Bag

The NFL's Most Hated List: 32 teams, 32 villains you love to loathe
Sports-talk radio hosts let loose on Public Enemy No. 1 for each NFL fan base

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-nfls-most-hated-list-32-teams-32-villains-you-love-to-loathe/

And they are talking about Leroi on CBS site.

There's also maybe some janitor at 1 Bills Drive who's put a hex on the team. How else do you explain the longest playoff drought in North American sports at 16 years going?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichick isn't a villain. He's a great coach who happens to be in the same division as the Bills. If he was our coach, we'd love him.

He does have the personality of a mouthful of unsweetened lemon juice, I'll give you that.

He will stop at nothing to win... including cheating. I don't want that quality in the coach of a team that I support.

I have to agree with that. He's still a great coach, so he'd do fine without the cheating.

I don't think you can separate the two...what makes him great is what makes him push the line and sometimes cross it. If you take away that which makes him cheat, you take away the same thing that also makes him a great coach.

I don't think you can separate the two...what makes him great is what makes him push the line and sometimes cross it. If you take away that which makes him cheat, you take away the same thing that also makes him a great coach.

So in order to be a great coach you have to cheat sometimes?

Edited by vincec

So in order to be a great coach you have to cheat sometimes?

This is not about other coaches. The topic is about Belichick. What drives belichick to be a great coach is also what drives him to cheat. If you take away the "motivation" that drives him to cheat then you also take away the "motivation" that makes him a great coach.

I dislike the guy because he's got a weasely personality and he will do anything he can get away with to get an edge, regardless of whether or not it's ethical. That crap they pulled on Baltimore with the substitutions was such a dick move, the way the defense calls out shifts to simulate the snap count--also a dick move. He's

Strength: Game Planning.

Weakness: Drafting, Developing team chemistry (treats em all like replaceable robots), Releasing players too early trying to be clever but looking like an idiot in the end (Seymour, Chandler Jones, Welker etc), press conferences (or any time he has to speak about anything ever).

Also looks like a troll.

I dislike the guy because he's got a weasely personality and he will do anything he can get away with to get an edge, regardless of whether or not it's ethical. That crap they pulled on Baltimore with the substitutions was such a dick move, the way the defense calls out shifts to simulate the snap count--also a dick move. He's

Strength: Game Planning.

Weakness: Drafting, Developing team chemistry (treats em all like replaceable robots), Releasing players too early trying to be clever but looking like an idiot in the end (Seymour, Chandler Jones, Welker etc), press conferences (or any time he has to speak about anything ever).

Also looks like a troll.

This!

Not one slice of human honor in the guy. AND to think, wasn't his father a Navy coach? What went wrong? Cheats usually learn from a mentor?

Just ask his ex-wife if he cheats:

"BELICHICK'S AFFAIR

WHEN: July 2005

BELICHICK FAIL: Belichick's grimy ways don't stop on the fieldhe goes way out of bounds in his personal life, too. These came to light when it was revealed he was running game on New York Giants receptionist Sharon Shenocca. Belichick's real wifey, Debby Clarke, threw a flag and they were divorced by summer 2006. To be honest, though, that might be more of an upgrade W for Bill than a fail."

Yet... Like the last sentence of that implies... Cheating is very much rewarded in society.

Oh well...

I love the guy and won't apologize for it.

He is a phenomenal coach. He is professional acting, well-prepared and all business (other than his attire).

I love his press conferences and if I was a Pats fan, I'd love all the wins, too.

I'm jealous. We've got a bona fide !@#$ing clown as a HC with a "cool" truck, "entertaining" pressers and "funny" commercials.

And we've got losses to show for it.

Having Belichick, or someone like him, as a HC is dream for me. Frankly, anyone disagreeing is full of schit, in denial and jealous, if you ask me.

Go Bills!

I love the guy and won't apologize for it.

He is a phenomenal coach. He is professional acting, well-prepared and all business (other than his attire).

I love his press conferences and if I was a Pats fan, I'd love all the wins, too.

I'm jealous. We've got a bona fide !@#$ing clown as a HC with a "cool" truck, "entertaining" pressers and "funny" commercials.

And we've got losses to show for it.

Having Belichick, or someone like him, as a HC is dream for me. Frankly, anyone disagreeing is full of schit, in denial and jealous, if you ask me.

Go Bills!

Tom Brady is dreamy too !