seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

Even if he doesn't get a pass from the NFL because they are ancient and obtuse, he gets a pass from me. He needs the extra 4 weeks anyway IMO.

with his health question marks, this isnt the worst suspension ever -- a few weeks to keep working out might end up a blessing, like i mentioned.

problem is the next positive test escalates even more. and until we have indication that hes making a change in his choices here, thats certainly a worry.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be ridiculous, but it's probably going to stand in spite of an appeal.

Regardless of how you feel about marijuana, it's a banned substance by the NFL, and simply having a prescription for it is a moot point, if for no other reason than because pretty much anyone over the age of 18 can get a medical marijuana card for whatever reason they can make up on a webcam.

That's not to say it's not helping Henderson with his condition. It's just to say it's a banned substance and if the NFL allows 'medical' marijuana as an exception, it may as well get rid of the ban altogether, and it's not going to do that with an illegal substance.

It's a different animal.

You can't get something like hydrocodone by talking to an anonymous doctor via Skype and complaining about a slight pain in your back.

But what if you call it cannabis instead of weed, pot or marijuana? That makes it sound medical.

Nobody even knows what substance got Henderson suspended but the pot defenders are out in full force. That was predicate lee.

And it is impossible to not feel for Henderson. Crohn's is a tough deal and whether it was prescribed legal steroids, self medicating by giving in to his addiction, or anything in between, it's pretty clear that his condition drove this.

This could lead to an interesting dilemma for the league. If a Dr. prescribes a player marijuana for pain management, can they legally penalize the player for following doctors orders. On the flip side, every player in the league would soon have prescriptions for medical marijuana. This could get interesting...

It's a banned substance. If he took it and didn't inform the NFL, it's his own fault. Especially, if it was weed. He and his doctor would both be well aware that the NFL would need to be informed.

Nobody knows what it is yet but if he did everything prescribed and within the law then he might deserve a small suspension for failure to fill out paperwork but to call it substance abuse seems incorrect.

How? It is a schedule 1 drug in the eyes of the feds. So, no different than trying to get a exemption for heroin as a pain reliever.

Why not? The feds are ignoring all of the medicinal and recreational activity that's going on in the various states that allow usage.

Perhaps this year's team will be like the 1986 Mets. Out of control and wild, and somehow it all works out in the end.....

One can dream.

two roads diverged... and we brought in rob ryan.

so that is kind of what we have been hoping to have happen for awhile now, as far as i can tell.

The team is now open to being fined for having multiple players getting suspended. It was on espn's twitter feed.

So even the league things the FO should be accountable

yup - i dont recall the new procedure, but i believe we are talking a 6 figure fine at this point.