Rex' Last Stand Article

jumbalaya

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-ryan-family-dynasty-is-upon-us/

Something he got wrong.

He calls Rex a prince. Anyone with a brain knows Rex means King.

He says the Ryan family defense is dying, kind of like the dinosaurs.

What will happen in 2016 is that old dinosaur still has some bite. Tyrannosaurus Rex or T-Rex, rises again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-ryan-family-dynasty-is-upon-us/

Something he got wrong.

What will happen in 2016 is that old dinosaur still has some bite. Tyrannosaurus Rex or T-Rex, rises again.

Maybe Rex and Rob ought to print that out and tape it to their respective lockers (or would that be computer monitors?)

Here's a related article on NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687523/native/ezekiel-elliott-under-intense-pressure-can-rex-ryan-salvage-d

ASK THE LEAGUE: Can Rex Ryan still cobble together a stout D in Buffalo?

After struggling during Rex Ryan's first season in Buffalo, the Bills' defense was expected to return to the ranks of the elite in 2016 with a talented nucleus and a host of promising young players. But a number of injuries (Reggie Ragland, Shaq Lawson and IK Enemkpali) and the four-game suspension of 2014 All-Pro DT Marcell Dareus -- as well as the potential suspension of Manny Lawson -- have put a damper on the optimism emanating from Orchard Park earlier in the year. With all of this adversity swirling, I thought I'd reach out to a few NFL executives to get their take on the Bills' chances of building a dominant defense. Here's what I asked:

Can Rex Ryan overcome numerous setbacks and make the Bills' defense a top-10 unit?

Can't wait to see @OldTakesExposed re-post this article five years from now.

"There's no joy in this. I like Rex Ryan, what he stands for and who he is, but good times and jolly moments and jokes about tattoos and toes don't cut it at this level. This isn't the local Elk's Lodge. This is the National Football League."

Yeah - no joking around. This football stuff is serious business!

That article was very poorly written.

You know you're dealing with a gem when he can't even get the facts right...

Rex Ryan has been an NFL head coach for seven seasons. Care to guess how many winning seasons he's had? The unavoidable answer: One. Just a single season, all the way back in 2010, when a team he led finished above .500.

Here's a related article on NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687523/native/ezekiel-elliott-under-intense-pressure-can-rex-ryan-salvage-d

After struggling during Rex Ryan's first season in Buffalo, the Bills' defense was expected to return to the ranks of the elite in 2016 with a talented nucleus and a host of promising young players. But a number of injuries (Reggie Ragland, Shaq Lawson and IK Enemkpali) and the four-game suspension of 2014 All-Pro DT Marcell Dareus -- as well as the potential suspension of Manny Lawson -- have put a damper on the optimism emanating from Orchard Park earlier in the year. With all of this adversity swirling, I thought I'd reach out to a few NFL executives to get their take on the Bills' chances of building a dominant defense. Here's what I asked:

Can Rex Ryan overcome numerous setbacks and make the Bills' defense a top-10 unit?

Thanks for finding and posting that. I agree with those who've focused on the secondary, they have the most important component of his defense, so it remains to be seen what the front 7 will be able to do. I do think they will do a much better job of stopping the run, which is Rex's #1 priority, but they will again not put up big sack numbers. If they stay healthy, I think they can break into the top 10, even with the personnel losses (a much different tune than I sang last year).

That article was very poorly written.

and inaccurate

You know you're dealing with a gem when he can't even get the facts right...

Rex Ryan has been an NFL head coach for seven seasons. Care to guess how many winning seasons he's had? The unavoidable answer: One. Just a single season, all the way back in 2010, when a team he led finished above .500.

spin it 7 yrs 2 losing records

Something he got wrong.

What will happen in 2016 is that old dinosaur still has some bite. Tyrrodasaurus Rex or T-Rex, rises again.

Fixed it for you!

After struggling during Rex Ryan's first season in Buffalo, the Bills' defense was expected to return to the ranks of the elite in 2016 with a talented nucleus and a host of promising young players. But a number of injuries (Reggie Ragland, Shaq Lawson and IK Enemkpali) and the four-game suspension of 2014 All-Pro DT Marcell Dareus -- as well as the potential suspension of Manny Lawson -- have put a damper on the optimism emanating from Orchard Park earlier in the year. With all of this adversity swirling, I thought I'd reach out to a few NFL executives to get their take on the Bills' chances of building a dominant defense. Here's what I asked:Can Rex Ryan overcome numerous setbacks and make the Bills' defense a top-10 unit?

Losing Mario isn't a setback since he didn't do **** last year... I hate when the dumb !@#$s talk about losing Mario as if he put together a good year last year.... The dirtbag gave up.