Dreadful story on Rochester teen

Punching Bag

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know what kind of people are capable of doing something like this.

i agreed with all the rest of your post. I will just add to this point. You have no idea how many dirty disgusting people there are in the world that would do, or do these things on a regular basis. When you are around these people every day you get The feeling that there is much more of this sort of thing than most people realize.

Parents of my generation would be arrested today. All of us went to spring break when we were 17. One of my friends went at 16.........and, then when I've seen this story I"m like WTF is she thinking - 16?!?

Exactly!

My brother is 4 years older than me... The drinking age for him was still 18... By the time it was for me, it was upped to 21.

My Bro was throwing beer blasts/keggers in our basement @ 17... Charging to!

My mother's only rule: In winter, take your shoes off before entering house... What a pile of sneakers! Oh, & don't make a mess... That was added after the fooseball table got flipped (in anger).

Where was my father? Of course in the basement drinking too! Gotta have an over 18 chaperone!

:-O LMAO!

Yes but the real point made was had she listened to her parents she'd be alive today. That's not hyperbole that's a fact.

This mrags!

What a truly sick story. The human animals that exist in this world is nauseating!

Exactly!

My brother is 4 years older than me... The drinking age for him was still 18... By the time it was for me, it was upped to 21.

My Bro was throwing beer blasts/keggers in our basement @ 17... Charging to!

My mother's only rule: In winter, take your shoes off before entering house... What a pile of sneakers! Oh, & don't make a mess... That was added after the fooseball table got flipped (in anger).

Where was my father? Of course in the basement drinking too! Gotta have an over 18 chaperone!

:-O LMAO!

This mrags!

What a truly sick story. The human animals that exist in this world is nauseating!

anyone that never disobeyed their parents orders when they were 16-17 are either lying about it or they were the class valedictorian and taking college classes from high school. Either way, not many can honestly say they never did.

anyone that never disobeyed their parents orders when they were 16-17 are either lying about it or they were the class valedictorian and taking college classes from high school. Either way, not many can honestly say they never did.

Sad, sad, truly sad and sick story.

This is more than your run of the mill disobeying of one's parents.

She was a 16 year old, supposedly lied to her parents & went to Myrtle Beach. Freaking Myrtle Beach!

That smells like a runaway situation to me. What kind of problems existed @ home?

My father hopped a freight train when he was 9. From BFLo to Rochester... During the early 1940s... Because he was getting beat @ home. My grandfather had to take a day off of work, arrange a ride (he never had a license) & pick my father up in Rochester. My grandfather's reply when he picked up my father @ the Rochester police station? "Just wait till I get you home you little sh*t!" The officer in Rochester heard that & said: "If he hits you, you run right back to here!" That stopped my grandfather from ever beating his azz again.

Just saying.

This sounds like a 16 year old who wants to go party with her older friends whose parents don't care if they go to spring break or not cause they are seniors and 18 to me.

I helped my sister chalk her and her friends IDs when I was 13-14 years old.

I was going to some really sketchy bars on the east side when I was 16-17 years old.

I went only first spring break at 18 in... Myrtle Beach. 2 years in a row. If I had wanted to at 16 I would have went no matter what. I would have told my parents I was staying at a buddies or something for the week. And I'm sure my parents would have known I was lying about it just like they knew I was going to bars at 16-17.

And yes, it is a sad and terrible story. But hardly because she disobeyed her parents and went on spring break. Or blatantly ran away. It's sad and terrible because a couple of low life scum pieces of trash raped and murdered her. But only after the news stories came out and they realized they couldn't drug her and sell her into human trafficking.

But I'm glad we're focusing on the point that she ran away from home for a week to go party on spring break

Edited by mrags

Sad, sad, truly sad and sick story.

This is more than your run of the mill disobeying of one's parents.

She was a 16 year old, supposedly lied to her parents & went to Myrtle Beach. Freaking Myrtle Beach!

That smells like a runaway situation to me. What kind of problems existed @ home?

This is family to me. Please don't speculate especially wildly and baseless like this. She has been missing for a long time and we just found out this year that she was dead. Now having these details leaves the feeling of is it better to know or wonder.

She was a great kid. Her mom is a great mom. I probably won't comment here again as this is obviously personal to me but just think before you post that some, especially sh*tty situations, involve some of us here on the board.

This sounds like a 16 year old who wants to go party with her older friends whose parents don't care if they go to spring break or not cause they are seniors and 18 to me.

I helped my sister chalk her and her friends IDs when I was 13-14 years old.

I was going to some really sketchy bars on the east side when I was 16-17 years old.

I went only first spring break at 18 in... Myrtle Beach. 2 years in a row. If I had wanted to at 16 I would have went no matter what. I would have told my parents I was staying at a buddies or something for the week. And I'm sure my parents would have known I was lying about it just like they knew I was going to bars at 16-17.

And yes, it is a sad and terrible story. But hardly because she disobeyed her parents and went on spring break. Or blatantly ran away. It's sad and terrible because a couple of low life scum pieces of trash raped and murdered her. But only after the news stories came out and they realized they couldn't drug her and sell her into human trafficking.

But I'm glad we're focusing on the point that she ran away from home for a week to go party on spring break

Your point is spot on here save one. Dawn did tell her not to go and it was because she didn't want her to go. It wasn't veiled permission.

Many of us make dumb choices as teens but most of us live to learn from them.

This is family to me. Please don't speculate especially wildly and baseless like this. She has been missing for a long time and we just found out this year that she was dead. Now having these details leaves the feeling of is it better to know or wonder.

She was a great kid. Her mom is a great mom. I probably won't comment here again as this is obviously personal to me but just think before you post that some, especially sh*tty situations, involve some of us here on the board.

Your point is spot on here save one. Dawn did tell her not to go and it was because she didn't want her to go. It wasn't veiled permission.

Sorry. Thanks for the clarification. I made those comments not a 100% sure, like everything else in life. I am sorry for your loss. I meant no disrespect. It takes a pretty desensitized child to do something like that @ 16 given the era we raise them in now... And I am a very liberal father!

My condolences. I shudder when I think of the horror that poor girl went through in her final hours/days. No one should ever have to go through that, unless they themselves have done it to someone else/others. I hope the scumbag gets what's coming to him in prison.

Edited by Doc

Sorry. Thanks for the clarification. I made those comments not a 100% sure, like everything else in life. I am sorry for your loss. I meant no disrespect. It takes a pretty desensitized child to do something like that @ 16 given the era we raise them in now... And I am a very liberal father!

I know there was no disrespect meant and know I'm a bit over sensitive to this topic especially with this news coming out this week.

She was a great kid and naive like we all were at that age. Sometimes especially at that age kids don't realize how dangerous the world is and think us parents are just being overprotective.

I know there was no disrespect meant and know I'm a bit over sensitive to this topic especially with this news coming out this week.

She was a great kid and naive like we all were at that age. Sometimes especially at that age kids don't realize how dangerous the world is and think us parents are just being overprotective.

I understand... Kids @ that age are so rebellious. Stuff like this is just sickening.

@ that age, I went through with it with my boy. Illinois can start driving @ 15... 16 got his license. But still many restrictions. Now I know he is my kid, so I am not gonna be best example, because I am very liberal... BUT as a youth, you still have to follow the rules set forth (graduated license, etc...)... Like it or not, it is because a free for all (like my story about my older brother's antics) will end badly most of the time... And parents have to be responsible!

Again... Sorry for your loss. I 'd almost not want to hear about stuff like this. I know that isn't good either.

Stay strong and put it in God's hands.

Hey man, I am just so sorry for your loss. I ask God to comfort you and all of your loved ones in these times of sadness.

This is why you don't go to the dirty Myrtle. I know grown women who won't go.

sorry for your loss.