Browns cut Paul Kruger

JM57

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the current state of OLB depth - Kruger is a must sign. In Bierman's limited action he has not looked good. Plus Kruger is bigger, which would lend one to think he can set the edge better. Hopefully Whaley brings him in to at least kick the tires

It's completely up to Kruger to decide where he wants to play next.

Bierman looked absolutely terrible. I know it was a first game action, but he's gotta be bottom of the depth chart if hes on the 53. Only playing if literally... everyone else can't. Looked slow, weak, and just generally bad.

If Kruger doesn't want to start - he's more than welcome to jump in and contribute.

Edited by dneveu

Bills currently have ~ $5 mil in cap room... If they feel he has some left in the tank and they can sign him for roughly what they pay Manny Lawson ($3.4 mil/ year) I'd say let's do it. One year deal to prove himself and then he can go back on the open market and get long term contract if he has a good year.

- Can't count on Shaq to produce too much when he comes back considering demands of that position in this D and missing offseason

- Alexander has looked solid rushing the passer but I don't know how he'll hold up setting the edge

- Manny is good setting the edge... can't rush the passer

- If either Manny or Alexander get hurt we're screwed

- Bierman looks outmatched

- Striker is too small

Kruger has played the "joker" position in Baltimore and Cleveland so transitioning to Rex' D shouldn't take too much time

I remember when a lot of people here wanted us to sign him when he was a FA last time.

CBF

I was one of them

Bills currently have ~ $5 mil in cap room... If they feel he has some left in the tank and they can sign him for roughly what they pay Manny Lawson ($3.4 mil/ year) I'd say let's do it. One year deal to prove himself and then he can go back on the open market and get long term contract if he has a good year.

- Can't count on Shaq to produce too much when he comes back considering demands of that position in this D and missing offseason

- Alexander has looked solid rushing the passer but I don't know how he'll hold up setting the edge

- Manny is good setting the edge... can't rush the passer

- If either Manny or Alexander get hurt we're screwed

- Bierman looks outmatched

- Striker is too small

Kruger has played the "joker" position in Baltimore and Cleveland so transitioning to Rex' D shouldn't take too much time

Fair post.

I rewatched Biermann on Cover one, and i have concerns.

browns are full on sabres tanking. is tim murray consulting?

yes. But they just got a 4th rd pick and a player for their 34 year old punter so more power to them.

@scottpetrak

Panthers announce trade for P Andy Lee. #Browns get 4th-rounder in 2018 and punter Kasey Redfern. The Panthers also get 7th-rounder in 2017

Edited by YoloinOhio