Interior O-Line Depth

Is anyone else concerned about going into the season with Groy and Velasco as our depth at G/C? IMO, both of them have been absolutely terrible, and it is pretty much a certainty that one or both will be called upon at some point during the regular season.

Does Roman/Kromer realize how horrible these guys are, and do you think Whaley will be on the lookout when teams start making cuts this week? Something needs to be done, IMO, but it would take time for new guys to come in and learn the offense. Uggh...

Thoughts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else concerned about going into the season with Groy and Velasco as our depth at G/C? IMO, both of them have been absolutely terrible, and it is pretty much a certainty that one or both will be called upon at some point during the regular season.

Does Roman/Kromer realize how horrible these guys are, and do you think Whaley will be on the lookout when teams start making cuts this week? Something needs to be done, IMO, but it would take time for new guys to come in and learn the offense. Uggh...

Thoughts?

I'm very concerned. I think both of them are very suspect.

Velasco has played better in years past.... Maybe some sort of situational issue that may be less of a problem in real game planning? Just thinking out loud - not expecting a Darby-esque bump but if scheming for him to be the weak link in the line he may be less exposed.

I thought that before last night Groy had been doing ok, does he now suck?

It certainly appears so, but just one long-balled fella's perception. I've been to camp twice, and have watched all the preseason games (the last 2 multiple times). Multiple blown assignments, constantly getting pushed into the backfield in passing situations, and piss poor run blocking. I'm very concerned.

Sadly, I think Richardson might be the worst of the three.

yes, he is done. watching him whiff completely on a play call was amazing bad. I got on the game time thread and asked who is the guy with the long hair?

I do not mind if Bills/Whaley keeps their eyes peeled.

Agreed.

Like who do Bills deal?

yes, he is done. watching him whiff completely on a play call was amazing bad. I got on the game time thread and asked who is the guy with the long hair?

I do not mind if Bills/Whaley keeps their eyes peeled.

Like who do Bills deal?

Robert Blanton or Duke maybe? Robey-Coleman or White? Maybe Douzable or Lavar Edwards? Bryson Albright maybe? Basically, trading an area where you have good depth for an area that someone else has good depth.

Robert Blanton or Duke maybe? Robey-Coleman or White? Maybe Douzable or Lavar Edwards? Bryson Albright maybe? Basically, trading an area where you have good depth for an area that someone else has good depth.

I understand the concept.

Duke might get some looks and i would rather keep Blanton at this point.

Leger and Lavar are a tough call though i do like Douzable personally. Casey Walker perhaps? Whom i did not like last night unfortunately.

Albright appears to be a fellow whom Rex likes. Played "great" against the Giants. But i could see that.

Bills really dont hold any strong cards though here.

This is where Whaley and the pro scouts earn their money.

That is one of the things they do very well. watch that wire and make that deal

I understand the concept.

Duke might get some looks and i would rather keep Blanton at this point.

Leger and Lavar are a tough call though i do like Douzable personally. Casey Walker perhaps? Whom i did not like last night unfortunately.

Albright appears to be a fellow whom Rex likes. Played "great" against the Giants. But i could see that.

Bills really dont hold any strong cards though here.

That is one of the things they do very well. watch that wire and make that deal

Yeah, those guys all feel like decent depth to me, NFL caliber players. I'm not sure that the Bills have an NFL caliber #2 TE and with Velasco looking terrible an interior swing guy. Hopefully, they can plug those couple of holes whether via trade or with guys that get released. Edited by Kirby Jackson