Tyrod Throwing to Mccoy

aristocrat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the suggestion that Woods did something different by adjusting his route to make the ILB adjust ("attacked..."), or that the play as designed did that?

I really know next to nothing about this game. But I'm curious how much latitude the receiver has there and, if he is adjusting or doing some freelancing, what he would see that would make him do that?

Edit: rewatched it, and it is clear you are saying he changed his route. Did he do it to get open, and the by product got Shady open? Or was his intent to get Shady clear of the LB?

kj

Edited by l< j

IMO, he was a really odd whipping boy. Buffalo is one of the only places in the world that embraces underdogs but trashes superstars. It is an odd dynamic. Usually if you love Matthew Dellevadova you love LeBron too. In Buffalo, we love Scott Chandler but McCoy is overpaid.

A combination of analytics articles predicting he would fall over the hill because he was 27 and that is "old" for a RB in today's game and people liking what they can relate to. The Chandler's, Kyles and FredEx's are underdogs and many people in Buffalo relate to that due to the uninformed disdain the city gets. But as with most sports, superstars rule. If Shady is healthy, the peanut gallery will be silent for the most part. He is an elite talent.

Amen to that. Love your work

Thanks! Be sure to check back often. Not allowed to post links to start discussions.

Is the suggestion that Woods did something different by adjusting his route to make the ILB adjust ("attacked..."), or that the play as designed did that?

I really know next to nothing about this game. But I'm curious how much latitude the receiver has there and, if he is adjusting or doing some freelancing, what he would see that would make him do that?

Edit: rewatched it, and it is clear you are saying he changed his route. Did he do it to get open, and the by product got Shady open? Or was his intent to get Shady clear of the LB?

kj

Woods extended the route and attacked the ILB to give Taylor a window to throw to shady

A combination of analytics articles predicting he would fall over the hill because he was 27 and that is "old" for a RB in today's game and people liking what they can relate to. The Chandler's, Kyles and FredEx's are underdogs and many people in Buffalo relate to that due to the uninformed disdain the city gets. But as with most sports, superstars rule. If Shady is healthy, the peanut gallery will be silent for the most part. He is an elite talent.

Yep, this is a really good post.

The diapers are coming off Tyrod!

I have a grandson who's 2.5. It's not regular duty, but that diaper/no diaper session is NOW. I went about a quarter century with no diaper changes so the first few took some adjusting.

In Buffalo, we love Scott Chandler but McCoy is overpaid.

Until he embraces shoveling some snow, Shady will never win the hearts of Buffalo fans. B-)

Anyway, that is a GREAT site. Amazing (and a little sad) that it takes me watching a play several times to fully "get" all that's going on. Impressive that Tyrod sees and reacts to it all in real time, under pressure. I'm beginning to have some genuine hope that we finally have a solid marriage of good offensive design and execution. Now, just gotta stay healthy and show consistency!

Thanks! Be sure to check back often. Not allowed to post links to start discussions.

Woods extended the route and attacked the ILB to give Taylor a window to throw to shady

So by extending the route did he make himself less likely as a target? To make Shady more open?

This is entirely new to me.

That's exactly what Woods did in recognizing the shift, Shady getting open and moved to the right spot so Shady could catch it. Very smart on RW's part.

This offense could be fun. I know McCoy didn't get any yards, but not worried about the run game. If anything, we were #1 in the run, but only 28th in the pass last year. The preseason is a great chance to work on these plays.

This ^^

IMO, he was a really odd whipping boy. Buffalo is one of the only places in the world that embraces underdogs but trashes superstars. It is an odd dynamic. Usually if you love Matthew Dellevadova you love LeBron too. In Buffalo, we love Scott Chandler but McCoy is overpaid.

Agreed, we have some really good football players on the offensive side of the ball.

Because when Scott Chandler has a disappointing year, at least he doesn't act like an ass.

Because when Scott Chandler has a disappointing year, at least he doesn't act like an ass.

So far the only evidence of Shady acting "like an ass" is that he wasn't charged or disciplined in any way for an incident in which he may have been coming to the defense of a friend who was being attacked by off-duty cops who were most certainly acting like asses.

But otherwise, good point.

So far the only evidence of Shady acting "like an ass" is that he wasn't charged or disciplined in any way for an incident in which he may have been coming to the defense of a friend who was being attacked by off-duty cops who were most certainly acting like asses.

But otherwise, good point.

The only evidence? Who said that?