Kid's Day - Pop $2, Water $5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll concede it's ironic soda is less expensive than water. Funny though if any of you know an owner of a convenient store/gas station or even restaurant that sells fountain drinks it's all pure profit. That's why they push the drinks so hard. Their cost to a fountain drink is about 4-6 cents.

Anyway, it's a choice whether you go to the game or not. I've had the ticket for 19 of the last 20 years, and the investment to me is worth it living outside of Buffalo, as there was one year we did not have it, and by far I spent much more money going to sports bars/restaurants to watch the Bills.

I know it's a sacrifice, but so is so many other things we spend our recreational dollars, and it will never get better.

$5 for a bottle of water is about right for a ballpark. Sucks you can't bring any liquids in but pretty sure that's league wide. Also, people working concessions aren't paid to hand out thousands of free ice and water. The biggest problem I see here is not having drinking fountains. That's pretty lame if they don't have them around the stadium and would solve this issue. That way you pay for one bottle water and fill up the rest from there.

Buy a soft drink or a snapple, dump that crap out and keep refilling the container with water.

If the Bills cared about their fans they would provide, or sell at cost, cups for people to use for water. Particularly on kids day when it is so hot.

Actually that would be a nice kids day promotion, every kid gets a bottle of water when they enter the stadium that they could reuse during the game.

Right, instead of promoting healthy by handing out plastic Bills cups that you could take home, they spend the money on handing out promotional plastic, worthless, fake sunglasses to kids. I'm sure the kids like it more, but how about a plastic Bills cup you can fill with water on a hotter than hell day. Refill it in the bathroom if need be. Water don't need to be cold to work.

Took my son to the game. It was brutally hot in the stands. Went out at the end of the first quarter and saw the $2 pop sign and mistakenly thought water was the same. Was shocked to get charged $10 for two bottles of H2O.

So much for encouraging kids to drink healthy.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's pricing like that that keeps the Bills in WNY....

Right, instead of promoting healthy by handing out plastic Bills cups that you could take home, they spend the money on handing out promotional plastic, worthless, fake sunglasses to kids. I'm sure the kids like it more, but how about a plastic Bills cup you can fill with water on a hotter than hell day. Refill it in the bathroom if need be. Water don't need to be cold to work.

In part, I'm guessing it was a simple "our staff is human" kind of mistake given the info in the thread so far.

It's not like this was a systematic, long term policy that they had ignored feedback on, right? Some room of 5-10 people probably said "oh kids day lets give them a treat with discounted soft drinks!" and moved on to other bigger decisions they had on their plate without deep analysis outside a quick thought to the finances of it

Fwiw, the faucets in the bathrooms are hands-free and calibrated to warm water only.

Guest Services by the Brew Pub on the 100 level had a big orange cooler on the counter, from which you could refill your water bottle with water as many times as you wanted. For people who didn't have a bottle, they provided a paper cup. Don't know if the other Guest Services had that.

Anyone know if it was a record high temperature for a Bills home game?

Edited by John Gianelli

Guest Services by the Brew Pub on the 100 level had a big orange cooler on the counter, from which you could refill your water bottle with water as many times as you wanted. For people who didn't have a bottle, they provided a paper cup. Don't know if the other Guest Services had that.

Thanks, I was going to point out this exact location of free cold water. Not sure if there are others either. It's not exactly ultra-convenient, but it's not like there is zero free water available either.