Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

But people are addicts, and people can become addicted to many things not considered "addictive". Like overeating. Like sex. Like gambling.

If weed is not "addictive", why does marijuana-anonymous.org exist?

I have a friend who cannot stop smoking weed because she has had significant emotional trauma in her life. She continues to smoke despite impacts on her job and family life. Even she admits she is addicted to weed and cannot stop on her own.

Just because weed is, as you say, "not addictive" doesn't mean people can't get addicted to it.

You may be using the term "addictive" when a better term is "toxic". Alcohol, heroin, even nicotine are toxic and can cause death if enough is ingested. But when taken in smaller doses over time, the body adjusts it's chemistry to accommodate the toxins. When you abruptly stop ingesting the toxin, the body cannot handle the change in chemistry quickly enough and people become sick and can die. That's why addicts need to "detox" if they are using large quantities of toxic substances over an extended period of time.

Weed may not be toxic to the point where users require detox (or as you say - it's not addictive), but people do indeed become addicted to weed.

People don't want to hear that, but it's true. I've seen it up close and personal. It may not be physically addictive, but it can be addictive.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcel didn't go to rehab as of about 2 am last night, he was down partying on Chippewa.

Tried to post this last night but it was deleted because I wasn't sure how to post the pic.... Posted it on Twitter so I hope that's sufficient "corroboration" ...note that it's the same shirt he was wearing when he left the stadium...

https://twitter.com/brian_kearns007/status/767382744599068672

Marcel didn't go to rehab as of about 2 am last night, he was down partying on Chippewa.

Tried to post this last night but it was deleted because I wasn't sure how to post the pic.... Posted it on Twitter so I hope that's sufficient "corroboration" ...note that it's the same shirt he was wearing when he left the stadium...

Same shirt as here:

CqZNYwIXgAAlxNn.jpg

You are the man RalphOP83!

Looks nothing like him.

Did I see somewhere last night that he was going into rehab for nothing more than to try and get his suspension reduced from 4 games to 3 games? If true, plus the pic of him partying on Chippewa late into the night....

this will not be the end of his off the field struggles as a Bill. It will continue to spiral downward.

Did I see somewhere last night that he was going into rehab for nothing more than to try and get his suspension reduced from 4 games to 3 games? If true, plus the pic of him partying on Chippewa late into the night....

this will not be the end of his off the field struggles as a Bill. It will continue to spiral downward.

It wasn't him

Edited by TheTruthHurts