Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal playing weight 230 lbs.

Reporting weight at OTAs 253 lbs.

Weight when they cut him 260 lbs. How's that for a commitment to getting in shape after OTAs?

He literally couldn't play football at that weight. Period. End of story.

GO BILLS!!!

I could be wrong but I don't think he was 260 when they cut him. He was 261 at some point. Probably around Otas.

Why in the world would he want that ? Rookie season wasn't good enough ?

I thought he made some twitter comments suggesting he wanted to go elsewhere - could be wrong but I recall it was a comment around the disparity in his eyes between salary and rookie year performance or some such.

He was too fat to play in the first preseason game. Have you ever heard of that happening to a young running back?

No. He's an idiot. I'm against cutting him now but it's understandable. I was just correcting what I thought was an error. The report was at one point he was 261. He dropped some but not enough by training camp. That was a huge red flag. It took him a week to pass the physical. That sucks if not intolerable. Then Tim Graham reported that after he lost the weight he started to put some on which again is a red flag. He's clearly an idiot. I just don't think he should have been cut now, only because of chance Shady, Bush, Gillislee or JWill could easily be hurt.

I could be wrong but I don't think he was 260 when they cut him. He was 261 at some point. Probably around Otas.

He gained weight after reporting out of shape. I heard he was 260 lbs. as of today when they cut him; 7 lbs heavier than OTAs. I don't blame the Bills one bit for deciding not to waste another minute on this guy and his immaturity. He literally couldn't play the game as a result. It's a shame, but it was the right call to not waste a valuable roster spot on someone not showing any movement in the right direction to this point. He's been all downhill.

GO BILLS!!!

He gained weight after reporting out of shape. I heard he was 260 lbs. as of today when they cut him; 7 lbs heavier than OTAs. I don't blame the Bills one bit for deciding not to waste another minute on this guy and his immaturity. He literally couldn't play the game as a result. It's a shame, but it was the right call to not waste a valuable roster spot on someone not showing any movement in the right direction to this point. He's been all downhill.

GO BILLS!!!

Again I could be wrong. But the report from Shefter was at some point he was 261. That was VERY likely at OTAs. There was another report that after he lost the weight they wanted him to he then gained weight. But that was VERY likely during camp when he was 240 or so

GO BILLS!!!

Heard from a OBD source?

Didn't Williams suggest that he wanted to play somewhere else after last season? Maybe his lack of impulse control was really sub-conscious calculation.

May not be subconscious if he really wanted out bad enough. I wouldn't be surprised if all those extra pounds are gone once his suspension is up.

Yes they all coddle their star players--there you go.

How do you know Karlos wasn't interested in bettering himself? He said the same things Dareus said 2years ago--and Marcel wasn't serious about "bettering himself" was he? Yet he didn't get cut

So if all teams coddle their star players, why even mention this obvious fact? Do you think they should have suspended him more than the league did? Cut him? Yeah, no. And he responded with an All-Pro season in 2014.

As for Karlos, why do you suppose they cut him? Besides not being a star player?

I looked at this two different ways. Before the game when this broke I was shocked and figured this was a boneheaded move. After the game watching how the D played etc, I began to think this was a rationally calculated move. Rex has this team believing in him, his system, and themselves. Last year he let cancerous guys like Mario (and Dareus) infect the rest of the team and destroy the team culture. This year Rex has got the momentum and they decided to cut a poor performer to keep things going the right direction. Williams showed a lot of promise and may blossom elsewhere, but as long as the team is pulling one direction behind Rex I'm not going to question cutting an underperformed / new potential locker room cancer.

Given the game today? I think we're gonna be OK at RB.

I saw some nice moves, some power, and a cheap shot on Gillislee that should have been called. No...I'm not even gonna start on the refs.

But, the thing I saw that impressed me the most?

Solid, competent, blitz pickups most of the time, from most of the RBs. That tells me these guys know the playbook. Who knows what's going to happen. We could have Boom Herron starting 2 games this year(one hopes that is the worst case). But, even so, I'm pretty sure we'll be better than fine in terms of production. And I know that we'll be at least competent.

How the hell does Karlos Williams come to camp overweight and then GAIN WEIGHT since he's been there? That's almost physically impossible with all the running and lifting and playing they are doing unless he is eating a box of Paula's Donuts every night before bed...

Karlos really fvcked up...it's a damn shame because he was a hell of a player when he was right...

What the hell is wrong with that dude??