Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

I'm sick of NFL players and the "second, third, fourth chance" arguments that people make. When I came out of college and signed my first employment agreement, it said right in it that I could get fired for illegal drug use of any kind. I could get fired for alcohol abuse. Karlos is not an innocent child in this situation. He's an idiot. He fails a test FOUR times with known testing dates and known work arounds. Dareus did too. The only difference between Karlos and Marcel is about $29.5m. That's the additional cap hit for cutting Marcel. No way he's going anywhere. Karlos is on the otherhand, expendable. Oh well.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former #Bills RB Karlos Williams, waived yesterday, went unclaimed today, source said. He's a free agent

Basically, 32 teams didn't want to commit to him as is. An injury could change that for sure but a 5th round pick, with those stats, on that contract going unclaimed is surprising (and telling).

Basically, 32 teams didn't want to commit to him as is. An injury could change that for sure but a 5th round pick, with those stats, on that contract going unclaimed is surprising (and telling).

I'm not at all surprised. He still has to serve a 4 game suspension. He's still fat and out of shape. Nothing has really changed for him in the last 6 weeks. Crappy situation for him to be in, no doubt, but he put himself in the position he's in. Maybe he gets a phone call for a visit in week 3-4, but will have to show something. Anything.

I would have been surprised if anyone claimed him. Someone might sign later if he cuts weight and his suspension is coming to an end.

It's also a reminder that the Bills were the only team he interviewed with pre-draft. Lots of teams shied away even at that point.

Not surprised...a kid with question marks coming out of college that is now fat and serving a 4 game suspension is not usually a hot commodity. His on field resume last year would suggest otherwise, but the fact his own team didn't see that as enough to keep him around I am sure added more caution.

Like I said in an earlier post, not out of the question for us to bring him back if he remains unsigned and gets his act together, especially if we face an injury situation. But I suspect a team will come calling after an injury to someone assuming he keeps losing weight. I would be surprised if he wasn't on a roster by week 2 so he has at least a couple weeks to get to know their new playbook before coming off suspension.

Not surprised...a kid with question marks coming out of college that is now fat and serving a 4 game suspension is not usually a hot commodity. His on field resume last year would suggest otherwise, but the fact his own team didn't see that as enough to keep him around I am sure added more caution.

yea -- even his own social media did him no favors i am sure. the guy didnt exactly inspire confidence among casual observers.

My feelings from the time he reported overweight:

"This is bad news for a 5th round RB, in his second year. He played great last year, but he was hurt alot. And, the Bills have the potential to be pretty deep at RB. I'm not positive he makes the team if he doesn't get his act together pronto."

June 14

BTW, I was chastised for daring to say this.

My point is this guy is too undisciplined as an individual for anything less than the highest forms of motivation to work. He came ready to play last year and things came together for him. He was motivated to make the team and get paid. Unfortunately, he couldn't maintain the level of motivation and discipline needed to continue. I'm not optimistic for this guy. But, I hope he gets his act together.

Edited by The Thurmanator

Former #Bills RB Karlos Williams, waived yesterday, went unclaimed today, source said. He's a free agent

The surprise would have been a team claiming him. Get your **** together Karlos or your career is over. Not For Long

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

After last year I am sure the Bills considered any potential injury situation and STILL did not want him. The Bills knew he wouldn't count for the first four games and STILL did not want him.

You may think they are dumb and made a bad move, but I think it speaks volumes about how they viewed Karlos. They had way more input than we did. They did not want him around, simple.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan