Will EJ last the season?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pin drop

Not really, it isn't what I said. I said that "if you hand a team 21 points AND LOSE then the QB has to be one of the main reasons for the loss." Someone earlier said it was on the defense and not EJ. All that I was saying is that the QB certainly holds a large role in that loss.

If you get picked 5 times and win, that has nothing to do with my point. If you win the game no one on the winning team is responsible for the loss.

Throwing off his back foot and not setting his feet does though. As mentioned your original quote.

Spraying balls all over the field or having a wildly varying performance would define "erratic". No where in that article does it even suggest this was the case. The opposite, in fact.

A guy throwing lasers and dart off his back foot while not having his feet set doesn't quite make "erratic" mean what you want it to mean.

Pin drop

Better pick top that pin. Romo didn't hand over 21 points in a span of 6 offensive plays (14 on 2 plays back to back).

Spraying balls all over the field or having a wildly varying performance would define "erratic". No where in that article does it even suggest this was the case. The opposite, in fact.

A guy throwing lasers and dart off his back foot while not having his feet set doesn't quite make "erratic" mean what you want it to mean.

Better pick top that pin. Romo didn't hand over 21 points in a span of 6 offensive plays (14 on 2 plays back to back).

Erratic - not consistent or regular.

11/21 - not consistent

Throwing off his back foot or setting his feet - not regular

Sorry if Merriam-Webster's definition doesn't mean what you want it to mean.

Edited by The Wiz

Anyone who watched the game knows that Cardale was anything but erratic.

I did. He wasn't consistent but i said he looked good in my original post. You're just arguing on how we define erratic differently at this point. No he wasn't throwing the ball miles away from his target but he had poor footwork on some plays that resulted in completions and good footwork on other plays that resulted in misfires. Which is why I think erratic fits.

I'll leave it at that.

He was exciting,but I`m not ready to crown him. Unlike a few others.

No one is crowning him. But since the day Cardale was drafted, we have been told how "raw" he is, as if he were from a 1-AA school, or played TE in college, or hadn't won a freaking National Championship. Well, he did not look raw last night, playing behind the Bills 2d and 3d team line and throwing the ball to guys who will soon be unemployed. He looked considerably more confident, poised and athletic than the 4th year QB he supposedly will be backing up this year. Edited by mannc

No one is crowning him. But since the day Cardale was drafted, we have been told how "raw" he is, as if he were from a 1-AA school, or played TE in college, or hadn't won a freaking National Championship. Well, he did not look raw last night, playing behind the Bills 2d and 3d team line and throwing the ball to guys who will soon be unemployed. He looked considerably more confident, poised and athletic than the 4th year QB he supposedly will be backing up this year.

He looked plenty raw. But he was also exciting. Don't forget that drive was against camp fodder. He got away with a lot because of that. But I'm not knocking the guy. Just don't go overboard from one late preseason appearance.

No one is crowning him. But since the day Cardale was drafted, we have been told how "raw" he is, as if he were from a 1-AA school, or played TE in college, or hadn't won a freaking National Championship. Well, he did not look raw last night, playing behind the Bills 2d and 3d team line and throwing the ball to guys who will soon be unemployed. He looked considerably more confident, poised and athletic than the 4th year QB he supposedly will be backing up this year.

Didn`t he get benched ?

Erratic - not consistent or regular.

11/21 - not consistent

Throwing off his back foot or setting his feet - not regular

Sorry if Merriam-Webster's definition doesn't mean what you want it to mean.

I guess you had to watch the game.

It's been discussed ad nauseum around here, and it really has zero to do with my point.

Oh because You have a man crush on him. It is what it is. I won`t ever be fooled again. Time will tell all. Against starting #1 players. It was cool against a bunch of 3rd stringers. But thats what it was. Seen it time and time again.

Oh because You have a man crush on him. It is what it is. I won`t ever be fooled again. Time will tell all. Against starting #1 players. It was cool against a bunch of 3rd stringers. But thats what it was. Seen it time and time again.

We had a guy in the Shout Box earlier saying he wouldn't trade Jones for Joey Bosa.. LOL

Yet you had to go to the dictionary to decide he looked "erratic".

Just wanted to make sure you knew what it meant.

I'll rephrase my original comment.

Jones looked inconsistent and at times showed poor footwork, but still had a good showing for his first game.

I'll play the part of whomever is going to reply to this that doesn't want ej on the team and assume the answer will be "here's the one that Put them in that position by throwing 3 picks" or something to that affect.

I thought you were talking about our all pro Buffalo Bill qb that threw three int. against NE. IM sorry, I forgot that it was ok, because that was the other QB. I think that our All Pro QB did not do to good against ten. the first half. I think he had like a hundred total yards in that games. QBs have bad first halfs, including our all pro QB.

I thought you were talking about our all pro Buffalo Bill qb that threw three int. against NE. IM sorry, I forgot that it was ok, because that was the other QB. I think that our All Pro QB did not do to good against ten. the first half. I think he had like a hundred total yards in that games. QBs have bad first halfs, including our all pro QB.

Shhhhh.

Cardale is certainly raw but the things that he does well translate. He's decisive and comfortable in the pocket. His mechanics go from time to time and he can get wild. The consistency will come with experience but we are not at that point. I get being hesitant on him in that you haven't seen a lot of him.

I'm not worried about him holding his own against better players. He's a poised guy and has fantastic physical skills. He won't be overwhelmed. He's played his best against the best talent. Guys that can't play against the ones have physical limitations. His reading of defenses is where he needs time. It's going to take a little while. I think that he's 2 years away from being where they need him but I suspect that he will be the number 2 in 2017.

Yerp.

http://buffalobills.com/video/videos/Buffalo-Bills-QB-Jeff-Tuel-to-wide-receiver-DaRick-Rogers-for-TD/8391e059-1e87-498a-9b85-4087e8d0a436

Cardale is certainly raw but the things that he does well translate. He's decisive and comfortable in the pocket. His mechanics go from time to time and he can get wild. The consistency will come with experience but we are not at that point. I get being hesitant on him in that you haven't seen a lot of him.

I'm not worried about him holding his own against better players. He's a poised guy and has fantastic physical skills. He won't be overwhelmed. He's played his best against the best talent. Guys that can't play against the ones have physical limitations. His reading of defenses is where he needs time. It's going to take a little while. I think that he's 2 years away from being where they need him but I suspect that he will be the number 2 in 2017.

blah,blah,blah

Also, I'm a little confused by the EJ confidence that's popping up? I like the guy but have seen enough of him to think that's he's not a good QB. They really don't have any other options but that doesn't mean that it's a good option. If Tyrod gets hurt the Bills are in big trouble IMO. It will look like Dallas last year.

blah,blah,blah

What are you disagreeing with in my post? I've seen more of him than pretty much everyone on this board. I tried to explain what he does well and what he struggles with and where I see him (2 years away).

Also, I'm a little confused by the EJ confidence that's popping up? I like the guy but have seen enough of him to think that's he's not a good QB. They really don't have any other options but that doesn't mean that it's a good option. If Tyrod gets hurt the Bills are in big trouble IMO. It will look like Dallas last year.

What are you disagreeing with in my post? I've seen more of him than pretty much everyone on this board. I tried to explain what he does well and what he struggles with and where I see him (2 years away).

I just dont believe you. Plain and simple. Nothing personal.

I think it's more of him being comfortable in his place(#2) andknowledge of the system. Not necessarily his performance or capability.

Also, I'm a little confused by the EJ confidence that's popping up? I like the guy but have seen enough of him to think that's he's not a good QB. They really don't have any other options but that doesn't mean that it's a good option. If Tyrod gets hurt the Bills are in big trouble IMO. It will look like Dallas last year. What are you disagreeing with in my post? I've seen more of him than pretty much everyone on this board. I tried to explain what he does well and what he struggles with and where I see him (2 years away).

He's got a new cool headband game this season ! EJ DA GREAT.

I just dont believe you. Plain and simple. Nothing personal.

Well that's honest and strange. I always look for people on this board that have seen a lot of a guy because they provide insight. I see a lot of Ohio State and a lot of the New Orleans Saints (and a decent amount of LSU). If the Bills add anybody from those 3 places I have a good sense for what they do well and what they don't. If you choose not to believe me that's up to you but a really odd position to take.

If the Bills drafted someone from Va Tech (as an example) I'd look to Buffalo Hokie to help me learn what the player is good and bad at. I relie on the people with more knowledge than me to get me informed on players and coaches. I assumed that everyone did that but I guess not?

He's got a new cool headband game this season ! EJ DA GREAT.

That he does!!

I think it's more of him being comfortable in his place(#2) andknowledge of the system. Not necessarily his performance or capability.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

I'm Justin going by my own two eyes from training camp.

The last two years you could tell he was uneasy and hesitant.

This year he's looked relaxed and less hesitant. He still holds the ball too long sometimes.

Well that's honest and strange. I always look for people on this board that have seen a lot of a guy because they provide insight. I see a lot of Ohio State and a lot of the New Orleans Saints (and a decent amount of LSU). If the Bills add anybody from those 3 places I have a good sense for what they do well and what they don't. If you choose not to believe me that's up to you but a really odd position to take.

If the Bills drafted someone from Va Tech (as an example) I'd look to Buffalo Hokie to help me learn what the player is good and bad at. I relie on the people with more knowledge than me to get me informed on players and coaches. I assumed that everyone did that but I guess not?

That he does!!

Not really. I`ve been around and seen alot of football in my days. I trust my own judgement. Although crude and straight to the point. I have my own opinions on players. As you know. So i will continue to watch and see with my own eyes who I think has it or does not. Who you play with or against ,should tell me more.

I'm Justin going by my own two eyes from training camp.

The last two years you could tell he was uneasy and hesitant.

This year he's looked relaxed and less hesitant. He still holds the ball too long sometimes.

Like big Ben. No I`m not saying he`s like big Ben. Someone ready to pounce on that. Maybe he`s looking for that big play.But maybe he`s not.

Not really. I`ve been around and seen alot of football in my days. I trust my own judgement. Although crude and straight to the point. I have my own opinions on players. As you know. So i will continue to watch and see with my own eyes who I think has it or does not. Who you play with or against ,should tell me more.

Like big Ben. No I`m not saying he`s like big Ben. Someone ready to pounce on that. Maybe he`s looking for that big play.But maybe he`s not.

Fair enough and everyone will form their own opinion on all of these guys.

All that I was saying is that at this point my opinion on Cardale (and Washington) is based on a larger sample size than most. I am not at a point of forming the opinion; I'm at the point of having a pretty strong opinion on those 2.

I have thoughts on Shaq, Seymour and Listenbee but not enough to have an informed opinion. I've seen them all a few times in college (not a ton of Seymour candidly). Ragland I have an opinion on but it probably isn't totally fair. I'd like to see more of him.

Fair enough and everyone will form their own opinion on all of these guys.

All that I was saying is that at this point my opinion on Cardale (and Washington) is based on a larger sample size than most. I am not at a point of forming the opinion; I'm at the point of having a pretty strong opinion on those 2.

I have thoughts on Shaq, Seymour and Listenbee but not enough to have an informed opinion. I've seen them all a few times in college (not a ton of Seymour candidly). Ragland I have an opinion on but it probably isn't totally fair. I'd like to see more of him.

So you have no opinion? Just kidding I enjoy your insight here