Will EJ last the season?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious. But let's say right now the Bills have a win and you're in the playoffs, a loss and you are out. Do you start EJ or Cardale in that game?

Cardale. EJ under any kind of pressure is a proven POS of a QB (nice guy though).

I don't understand these threads...EJ played very competent football last night and folks should be happy about the overall QB situation from top to bottom rather than looking to get rid of EJ. He may be needed at some point this season and I see some results of being in the same system for the 2nd year now. He put the ball in good spots all game last night.

When we establish a starter at nearly any position we start getting trade the backup threads

I think that I'd be with Cardale too in a must win. He's a gamer and stands tall in the pocket. I don't trust EJ.

Yep, you might get lucky. I would probably start EJ over Brian Hoyer in a playoff game, but that's about it.

And you're ready to trust EJ after Jacksonville?

It's a wash, but no one is trading for EJ.

Our feared Rex Ryan defense lost that game, not EJ. D had to make one more stop and couldn't do it. Yea he played crappy in the first half but he got us the lead late and the D couldn't stop Jacksonville one time for the win. I also recall Shady turning the ball over in the red zone. Plenty of blame to go around that game.

Our feared Rex Ryan defense lost that game, not EJ. D had to make one more stop and couldn't do it. Yea he played crappy in the first half but he got us the lead late and the D couldn't stop Jacksonville one time for the win. I also recall Shady turning the ball over in the red zone. Plenty of blame to go around that game.

If only preseason was about winning and losing...

They stopped Jax for 3Q's. EJ had the ball at the end and choked. The defense scored the go ahead TD. If EJ has one less TO for 6, we win. Sadly, he had 3.

I think that I'd be with Cardale too in a must win. He's a gamer and stands tall in the pocket. I don't trust EJ.

Troll.

He handed them 21 points. No QB has ever handed a team 21 points and not been responsible for the loss (or at least a big reason for the loss).

Look, I'm not an active EJ defender at this point, and not sure that I trust him overall, but why does he get zero credit for gaining composure after his complete mental/skills breakdown, and getting it together and coming back from a 28-3 deficit to win the game (if it weren't for one of the worst phantom PI calls I've ever witnessed).

zactly. EJ gets no credit at all for shaking that $$hit off and leading the comeback. I remember the guy in Cleveland game before the injury and Maroon coaching him to play safe. EJ ran with authority last night when the pocket collapsed, which we haven't seen from him since his rookie year. The throw to Gragg for the TD was a beaut Clark. Not ready to completely give up on him yet.

That said, CJ was fairly awesome last night. The throw to Powell, as another poster put in the game thread, was a "big boy" throw. Too many back foot throws, and SLIDE in the preseason, PLEASE! He has a lot to learn, but the upside looks huge. Not ready to give him the car keys just yet, but next year after Erik leaves? Right now looking good.

And you're ready to trust EJ after Jacksonville?

It's a wash, but no one is trading for EJ.

Which part of the Jax game? The 4 minute stretch where he was terrible (after getting no reps with the starters all season in practice)? Or the other 56 minutes of the game?

You're smarter than to define a player's career on less than one quarter of one football game.

Got us the lead?

More like Corey Graham's interception got the Bills lead. It's crazy how people actually forget how that game went down.

zactly. EJ gets no credit at all for shaking that $**** off and leading the comeback. I remember the guy in Cleveland game before the injury and Maroon coaching him to play safe. EJ ran with authority last night when the pocket collapsed, which we haven't seen from him since his rookie year. The throw to Gragg for the TD was a beaut Clark. Not ready to completely give up on him yet.

That said, CJ was fairly awesome last night. The throw to Powell, as another poster put in the game thread, was a "big boy" throw. Too many back foot throws, and SLIDE in the preseason, PLEASE! He has a lot to learn, but the upside looks huge. Not ready to give him the car keys just yet, but next year after Erik leaves? Right now looking good.

We saw EJ run like that last year on his way to 0-2 as a starting with more TO's than TD's. What's with the short term memory with this player?

Which part of the Jax game? The 4 minute stretch where he was terrible (after getting no reps with the starters all season in practice)? Or the other 56 minutes of the game?

You're smarter than to define a player's career on less than one quarter of one football game.

Terrible is an understatement. 4 minutes of play so bad, that EJ should've been investigated for betting on the Jags?

No reps with the starters, unlike every other backup QB who plays a ton with the starters. Not to mention he had been practicing as the starter for 2 weeks and got worse.

He's brutal Gug. If EJ only gift wraps 14 instead of 21, we win. Jeff Tuel could've won that game.

We saw EJ run like that last year on his way to 0-2 as a starting with more TO's than TD's. What's with the short term memory with this player?

Terrible is an understatement. 4 minutes of play so bad, that EJ should've been investigated for betting on the Jags?

No reps with the starters, unlike every other backup QB who plays a ton with the starters. Not to mention he had been practicing as the starter for 2 weeks and got worse.

He's brutal Gug. If EJ only gift wraps 14 instead of 21, we win. Jeff Tuel could've won that game.

Hooray for old arguments. Time for chan to shine !

Got us the lead?

More like Corey Graham's interception got the Bills lead. It's crazy how people actually forget how that game went down.

Not crazy. EJ love dies harder than all other types of love.

Even harder than JP Losman love

Cardale. No book out on him yet. No tendencies to force, except what they can glean from college tape.

I think running the ball 40 times and have Cardale throw 15 80 yard play action bombs gives us a better chance to win than anything EJ can do under center.

I would offer U Rex's job.

Look, I'm not an active EJ defender at this point, and not sure that I trust him overall, but why does he get zero credit for gaining composure after his complete mental/skills breakdown, and getting it together and coming back from a 28-3 deficit to win the game (if it weren't for one of the worst phantom PI calls I've ever witnessed).

Yes, and had to go to the sideline for every play call.