Reggie Bush #22

NewEra

I'm OK with it, which I didn't think I would be. There's only one 22 for the Bills. But if it has to be worn, let it be worn by someone like Reggie Bush, not a JAG.

Should Reggie have called Nate Clements beforehand?

Yeah I really have a hard time understanding the cult of Fred. Great Bill, but not THAT great.

He was a fun player to watch when we often sucked. I appreciated his efforts and how he embraced the team and city. That said, it was time to move on.

Reggie, Shady, K Williams, J williams and MG are all better runners right now.

Yeah I really have a hard time understanding the cult of Fred. Great Bill, but not THAT great.

Fred embodies the spirit of the underdog, plus he was a team leader. Probably deserves the wall of fame for that. But you're right, he wasn't a hall of famer.

90% of the affection towards Fred is that he was a feel good story. Undrafted player that came out of nowhere:

2009 NFL all purpose yards leader

First player in NFL history with 1,000 rushing and 1,000 kickoff return yards.

He had something like 8,000 rushing/receiving yards for us. Great guy all around. Whats so difficult to understand about the love for him?

I hate it. That's all. Just had to get that off my chest.

Why? Fred was a great Bills player and will be on the Wall-of-Fame one day, most likely. But there are only so many numbers to go around and he's not a Hall-of-Fame player. Hall-of-Famers get numbers retired or taken out of circulation. And in cases of organizations like the Steelers/Cowboys/Raiders, they don't bother because it would take too many numbers out of circulation. Giving out #22 was going to happen eventually. Good that it was a vet like Bush who has accomplished some things in the league.

I don't like Reggie Bush. I hate USC. One of my best friends told me for 4 years that Bush is better than Adrian Peterson...."just watch". I named my dog Fred Jackson....and he's dope. I never said his number should be retired. I just don't like that Reggie Bush, someone I've never liked is wearing my guys #. When I see 22 with the ball in his hand now, I think FRED!!! But it's not. That's all. I wish a DB wore 22. Not a guy I've never liked. Just had to get it off my chest. I'm not starting a petition or anything

Edited by NewEra

Look - Fred was a decent player. But he was never a Pro Bowler and we never went anywhere with him as our RB. So I don't know how some of you think his number is untouchable.

He wasn't a Pro Bowler because (1) he played for a loser and (2) he played behind a weak offensive line. Virtually all his yards in his prime were YAC - Yards After Contact. I know you disagree, but I think Fred might have been a HOFer if had played behind a good line for a good (playoff caliber) team and stayed healthy. He didn't have OJ level talent but he was still very talented and played with extreme effort. Wall of Famer for sure.

That said, I don't care that the number has been reassigned.

after last night i am a Bush fan, Reggie I mean.

He looks a natural player. good pickup. I was not on board so much earlier

He wasn't a Pro Bowler because (1) he played for a loser and (2) he played behind a weak offensive line. Virtually all his yards in his prime were YAC - Yards After Contact. I know you disagree, but I think Fred might have been a HOFer if had played behind a good line for a good (playoff caliber) team and stayed healthy. He didn't have OJ level talent but he was still very talented and played with extreme effort. Wall of Famer for sure.

That said, I don't care that the number has been reassigned.

this seems well said to me, each bit.

Mini Max Anderson is pissed!

Holy crap, 26CB, I'm amazed you remember that Mini Max Anderson wore #22!

My earliest Bills memory is watching a game on TV when I was maybe 9 years old and the Bills medical staff were attending to Mini Max. One of the announcers said that he had "swallowed his tongue."

I had never heard that expression before and it horrified me! I had to ask my mom what it meant.

For all the youngsters out there, Mini Max - all 68 inches of him - was our starting RB before we drafted OJ.

Edited by hondo in seattle

after last night i am a Bush fan, Reggie I mean.

He looks a natural player. good pickup. I was not on board so much earlier

this seems well said to me, each bit.

Still looks fast for an old man... i consider myself now firmly in the 'why not'...

At least if they end up putting another stinker up at least they will still be fun to use on madden

Holy crap, 26CB, I'm amazed you remember that Mini Max Anderson wore #22!

My earliest Bills memory is watching a game on TV when I was maybe 9 years old and the Bills medical staff were attending to Mini Max. One of the announcers said that he had "swallowed his tongue."

I had never heard that expression before and it horrified me! I had to ask my mom what it meant.

For all the youngsters out there, Mini Max - all 68 inches of him - was our starting RB before we drafted OJ.

I have memories of watching football since the age of 4. It's always been my favorite sport.

Still looks fast for an old man... i consider myself now firmly in the 'why not'...

At least if they end up putting another stinker up at least they will still be fun to use on madden

I am in the camp of hope. STs has been a weakness for the Bills. I expect Reggie has pretty decent vision as a returner. Powell ran into his blockers a couple times. I like him too, but he is also trying to make the team so i forgive his lack of patience