Who helped and hurt their case tonight?

Big C

Kevon Seymour looks like a game 1 contributor. Cardale Jones was pretty impressive and will be under no pressure to play early.

Preston Brown looks more comfortable out there. In his limited action, McCoy looked really quick. Jon Williams looks like a natural runner.

Negatives- Hankerson just does not have the hands of an NFL receiver. He looks the part and does get open. Carpenter's FG from 53 was no where near the uprights.

Defense on screen pass was frighteningly bad. Chalk it up to preseason.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed in Bryson Albright. He needs to add a lot of strength and pass rush moves. Didn't seem sudden or able to bend to get around the corner.

For his frame, he needs to add about 25 lbs.

are you taking into account the 2 offside penalties on IK ?

methinks Powell was better than decent

^^ this was exactly how I felt about Wilder - he got blown up behind the OL at least a few times

It looks to me that he lines up offsides many times.

Tasker was brutal last night. Here is a quick list of misses on his part and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

1. Called duke Williams a CB

2. Called striker and another player for making a tackle against the bills.

3. Said Kevon Seymour was an undated steal.

4. Kept calling nickel robey Nicole

There were certainly more. I remarked to my family that I probably wouldn't mind as much if he wasn't an ex-bill but he was cringe worthy throughout the broadcast.

there were plenty more. sometimes i wondered if had actually looked at the roster before the game.

I liked Worthy, but he's got to stay onsides. They called it on IK, but Worthy moved first and brought IK with him.

saw that too

Kevon Seymour looks like a game 1 contributor. Cardale Jones was pretty impressive and will be under no pressure to play early.

Preston Brown looks more comfortable out there. In his limited action, McCoy looked really quick. Jon Williams looks like a natural runner.

Negatives- Hankerson just does not have the hands of an NFL receiver. He looks the part and does get open. Carpenter's FG from 53 was no where near the uprights.

Defense on screen pass was frighteningly bad. Chalk it up to preseason.

Hankerson gives up his tablet tomorrow morning... Boykin stays at least another week.-He competes for balls in the air, and runs decent routes.... Powell is a fair return-man... O'Leary SEEMS to have bought some time... Seymour Butts didn't let alot get past him.... That Albright kid has heart, but he's GONE within the next couple weeks...Lotta TRASH out there late in the game...Gotta make room!

Edited by #34fan

some nice lists here after reading through.

Duke surprised me. Looks like he has his head screwed on correctly now.

I like the DBs grouping as a whole.

LBs still need work but the Browns should be decent.

D line looks fine excepting as mentioned, drive blocks. could be play call though.
O line depth is a bit shaky and needs work. ( Kromer , you feel me ? )
Love the QB depth

RBs too

ST teams looks better excepting penalties

Hankerson gives up his tablet tomorrow morning... Boykin stays at least another week.-He competes for balls in the air, and runs decent routes.... Powell is a fair return-man... O'Leary SEEMS to have bought some time... Seymour Butts didn't let alot get past him.... That Albright kid has heart, but he's GONE within the next couple weeks...Lotta TRASH out there late in the game...Gotta make room!

When Hankerson tossed his helmet he knew

I was impressed with A. Washington. Actually all the rookie draft picks who suited up played well. Jones, Williams, Seymour. Maybe not a disastrous draft after all?

Hawthorne came to play. Made some big hits, but also missed tackles.

Spikes looked bad. Hopefully will improve once rust wears off. Most of backup LBs and DBs don't look like NFLers. Could end up with a couple of our final 53 LBs and maybe a DB that are cuts from another team

Goodwin didn't help. Two plays , no separation. His only advantage is speed and it was not on display

Goodwin got separation on the first deep pass from Tyrod but he didn't have his head turned for some reason.

He's been a turd to this point in his career but he is the second most talented of the Bills WR.......he has a lot more than just speed.

The second pass to him was very overthrown and landed out of bounds.

Little was the one who disappointed......there was air under the two deep balls he didn't come up with and he didn't show any burst whatsoever to go get a deep ball.

He literally hit full speed right after he beat the corner in both cases and just could not find anything extra.

Goodwin got separation on the first deep pass from Tyrod but he didn't have his head turned for some reason.

He's been a turd to this point in his career but he is the second most talented of the Bills WR.......he has a lot more than just speed.

The second pass to him was very overthrown and landed out of bounds.

Little was the one who disappointed......there was air under the two deep balls he didn't come up with and he didn't show any burst whatsoever to go get a deep ball.

He literally hit full speed right after he beat the corner in both cases and just could not find anything extra.

That was unusual for Goodwin; he's normally able to get around on the ball and track it relatively well.

That throw from Tyrod was money though--right to the outside shoulder

I'm sure some other team more shaky on WR will pick him up, but for now, he's a goner. Boom Herron too.

I think Boom knew his fate being brought in so late.

The lineman Martin struggled as did Richardson.

Walt Powell helped himself a great deal yesterday. Very smart special teams play, and the guy just continues to make plays on offense like he has done all of camp thus far. I think he makes the team.

I am going to keep an eye on him. But that is the popular opinion, Hammersticks. Did alright by me last night

That was unusual for Goodwin; he's normally able to get around on the ball and track it relatively well.

That throw from Tyrod was money though--right to the outside shoulder

I was chuckling when he was blocking down the left side and had his man turned away from the play. had his guy under the pads and leveraged him. Great technique

Some folks said he was poor at blocking

Trolling right along...

Pets are great....dogs, trolls...but you know how they can be obnoxious when you have company? That's you.

Down boy.

I get it........you have wooden, unwavering takes.

Players can improve.

Duke was not "terrible" last night. He played pretty well........as he has at times all thru his career. The key for him is eliminating the awful mental errors because he is the most physically talented of the Bills safeties. If Preston Brown can improve then Duke can too.

Goodwin isn't just a "fringe roster guy". They didn't keep him thru all of his bullsh*t because his ceiling was as a reserve/inactive.