Schefter: Shaq Lawson Back Between Week 6 and 8

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be back in time for the 2nd Pats*** game...that would be nice.

Adding a fresh edge rusher for the 2nd half of the season isn't a bad thing...although I'm sure some here will be all too quick to disagree!

He's already on the PUP list...didn't we know this already?

Still, it's good to see confirmation that he could be back mid-October

I think there's another PUP list for when the season starts.

But still, it's good to hear. I'm actually not too down on the oh so difficult start we are supposed to have. The Ravens were struggling on even before injuries last year and Perriman has a partial ACL tear like Ragland. I sincerely believe the Jets are overrated, and we play them on a short week at home. The Cards are tough but we get a mini bye. The Pats are without Brady. The Rams are throwing a rookie QB into the deep end of the pool with the 32nd ranked offense last year.

Starting week 6, we play the Niners, and week 7 the Phins, who look like they are going to be quick pass heavy teams. Week 8 is all hands for Brady.

Sounds like the right time to be back.

that's all good and well, but this guy hasn't played a down in the NFL. this isn't the same as the Suggs scenario. why are we assuming a rookie is going to jump in mid-season and have an immediate impact?

Because he's a 1st round pick who played at a high level for a national championship contender...and he will have had lots of time in the meeting rooms and interacting with coaches/teammates.

Do you think Shaq will harm the defense?

Because he's a 1st round pick who played at a high level for a national championship contender...and he will have had lots of time in the meeting rooms and interacting with coaches/teammates.

He may have no more impact than the JAG he will be replacing. He'd hardly be the first 1st round pick to just play "okay."

He's already on the PUP list...didn't we know this already?

Still, it's good to see confirmation that he could be back mid-October

Original report was he would miss 4-5 games. New report seems to indicate nothing has changed. Good to hear. As far as PUP, I would guess they are referring to the one to start the season.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is what makes the Lawson pick seem more irresponsible to me. I know I'm going to get torched for this, but when you take a guy who you know is going to miss half the season, you put more pressure on your other picks to succeed to have a valuable draft.

We gave ourselves to wiggle room and now we are only going to get 8 games out of 32 from our top two picks. That's just overal unacceptable. I know you can't control injuries, but that's why you don't also gamble with them.

This is what makes the Lawson pick seem more irresponsible to me. I know I'm going to get torched for this, but when you take a guy who you know is going to miss half the season, you put more pressure on your other picks to succeed to have a valuable draft.

We gave ourselves to wiggle room and now we are only going to get 8 games out of 32 from our top two picks. That's just overal unacceptable. I know you can't control injuries, but that's why you don't also gamble with them.

They thought he could make it through the season w/o surgery, so how did they know he was going to miss time when he was first drafted?

He'll likely miss 5-7 games, so it won't be a totally lost season. The most important thing is that he get this fixed for the benefit of his long term career potential.

Whaley is a gambler. Sometimes you gamble and you win and sometimes you lose.

Rex...im not gonna torch you for this because I expect this kind of response from a lot of fans

but

I would just like to remind that successful drafts are not determined in their first years.......you draft players not just for year one but the years following.

There is no way to make the Ragland loss look good...there just isnt....but they drafted the most talented players that they felt would fit their scheme.......and injuries happen. We have not lost Shaq for the season....and the bills were at least aggressive in replacements at LB when bad things happened.

I look forward to seeing Ragland next year. And I expect Spikes to be a capable replacement

i didn't say he would harm the defense.the opposite of him having an impact would be him not having an impact. being invisible. being lost. trying to get into game form off an injury and on the fly with a new team and system vs players who have 8 games, 4 preseason games, and a training camp under their belts.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88