Brandon Spikes signs with Bills

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AW is definitely overrated here.

He was good in 2013 but prone to out-of-control stupidity and then perhaps mostly due to protecting that neck injury he was not exceptional at all in 2014(which he admits).

If he can get back to 2013 play speed and do it without the emotional mistakes he could be a an asset. Hopefully he keeps his head up on tackles now and Ed Reed helps him with his field presence.

I am interested to see if Duke Williams makes a step up this year........Duke made a ton of mental mistakes last year but he is probably their most physically talented safety.

Aaron Williams may not be a Hall of Fame player, but he was sorely missed last year.

Corey Graham had to play both SS & FS on his own. Rambo & Duke were just not good enough, or at all.

I hope Duke does step up this year, but I think Robert Blanton could be the one that impresses everyone.

This is good news. Spikes was decent against the run, as I recall.

Welcome back Brandon! Veteran presence in the locker room, already has a relationship with Preston, and a good switch out with Zach.

And, maybe a good switch out with Striker, as well? Spikes for obvious run downs, Striker for obvious passing downs?

Well that's just not true. Not to derail the thread.

Duke is bigger, that's it. And that's not a meaningful metric because it doesn't show up at all on the field. Despite being slightly smaller, Aaron is faster, stronger, jumps higher, he's quicker in every way (explosion, start and stop, change of direction). Being 20 pounds heavier and an inch and change taller doesn't translate to the field in any meaningful way as we've seen.

Aaron Williams is much more physically talented and gifted than Duke. And that's not even factoring in their instincts on the field which Aaron has and Duke lacks.

Duke is bigger, that's it. And that's not a meaningful metric because it doesn't show up at all on the field. Despite being slightly smaller, Aaron is faster, stronger, jumps higher, he's quicker in every way (explosion, start and stop, change of direction). Being 20 pounds heavier and an inch and change taller doesn't translate to the field in any meaningful way as we've seen.

Aaron Williams is much more physically talented and gifted than Duke. And that's not even factoring in their instincts on the field which Aaron has and Duke lacks.

Slam Dunk!

You two just can't resist each other can you? Let me guess, you went through a bad breakup with each other back in HS?

I'm a fan of good comedy.

Claiming Duke Williams to be the most physically talented safety on the roster is hilarious... Or a cry for help.

Either way, it deserves to be commented on and laughed at.

How is Aaron Williams faster when Duke out-ran him in both the 40 yd dash and the 20 yd shuttle?

Now we have the key to the 2014 Schwartz D, so no more excuses?

:lol:

Why would we not just play one of the best coverage LB's in the league in Zach Brown on obvious passing downs?

Offenses can manipulate the defensive personal. Using play calling to dictate personnel and coverages then going no huddle and making you unable to substitute. See the New England Patriots for the past 15 years or so.

You two just can't resist each other can you? Let me guess, you went through a bad breakup with each other back in HS?

I have no idea but he is definitely my pet troll at this point.

Duke Williams ran a 4.52 40 and 4.00 20 at the combine...........Aaron Williams ran ran a 4.62 and a 4.07. Most of their physical metrics are about the same but Duke is bigger.

Those are metrics.

But I don't think anyone is suggesting that a late round pick like Duke is BETTER than the #34 overall pick in Aaron Williams. That's just Greggo being Greggo.

Duke was a talented flyer and it would be nice if he turns that physical skill into production.....after the proven players Graham, AW and Blanton the last spot is up for grabs. With AW's busted neck and Graham's age Blanton and #4 might need to play a lot this year.

Ian Rapoport Retweeted BrandonSpikes55

Rare a LB with that much productivity is available this time of year, too.

Ian Rapoport added,

CpR2FNjWYAA1itg.jpg

BrandonSpikes55 @brandonspikes55
Couldn’t be happier 2 join D @buffalobills 4 a 2nd chance This career n opportunity means everythin 2 me #billsmafia

6 retweets2 likes