It's almost camp time...where is Matt Cassel?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the Titans could get fined for letting Cassel carry a clipboard. The first big test of the new concussion rule! Putting him in a game might be considered criminal. That glancing blow he took as a Bill didn't look like big time concussion material. Hope the guy is OK long term. Don't come back and say "but I had no idea!" later.

Edited by Augie

Not to change this thread but if I am CBS I hire Ryan Fitzpatrick for the morning show. Do a where in the world is fitz? The NFL qb who has played for more teams than anyone... where is he now? Its time for camp... where is Ryan? Then send him all over.

Matt Cassel never gave away 21 points in 1 minute. We ruined our playoff hopes with EeeeeeeeJjjjjjj.

Thank god we have that 5th rounder though. Who is next on the list? We have the dummy who couldn't stop eating Taco Bell and getting stoned, the other dummy who drove hammered, maybe with that 2017 5th we could get a wife beater or even an accused murderer. Praise Whaley.

Edited by FireChan

Oh man. I was really hoping the Cassel Crowd would have heeded OP's call to stand up then immediately sit back down.

But this is the Internet. We're dealing mostly in cowards here.

Maybe because "at this very time" last year, there really wasn't much of a "Cassel Crowd" to speak of.

Looking back at the threads at that time, one titled "Do you trust Matt Cassell?" yielded universally negative responses.

Maybe because "at this very time" last year, there really wasn't much of a "Cassel Crowd" to speak of.

Looking back at the threads at that time, one titled "Do you trust Matt Cassell?" yielded universally negative responses.

It's amazing how many pro-OBD posts here rely upon straw men.

Since when have you praised ANYONE at ANYTIME when it comes to this team.

Just keep your comfort chair in the NNN's that is where we like you....anything else im gonna get hit with a cat or a dog falling from the sky.

John, whatever happened to "show me the baby?"

You gotta make the playoffs to earn cred. Talking about making it, no matter how new the person is, ain't cutting it.

Unless you're content with .500 or below, which is a possibility with the results optional/team first/no accountability crowd.

It's amazing how many pro-OBD posts here rely upon straw men.

Strawmen like: because nobody in July supported Cassel, then nobody supported Cassel, ever?

Or are we--sans links--meant to trust Weo's research, that his assessment of the Cassel sentiment was true to reality? And distrust = strawmen?

Which strawmen did you mean, specifically?

You gotta make the playoffs to earn cred. Talking about making it, no matter how new the person is, ain't cutting it.

Unless you're content with .500 or below, which is a possibility with the results optional/team first/no accountability crowd.

Then lets keep slamming the team at every turn and everyone associated with the team until that happens

because of course.....that is going to fix the problem.

Whaley is absolutely not the issue here.....this is probably one of the most talented bills teams we we have ever had (sans the super bowl years) and Whaley is a big art of that.

Rex was not hired by whaley......Rex is El Pegula's coach.....cant blame him for Rex.

Strawmen like: because nobody in July supported Cassel, then nobody supported Cassel, ever?

Or are we--sans links--meant to trust Weo's research, that his assessment of the Cassel sentiment was true to reality? And distrust = strawmen?

What is a strawman anyway?

His point is very simple: there is a marked difference between "this team isn't good enough" and "nothing this team does is any good, ever".

Many folks, including yourself, appear to express solely the latter sentiment, which isn't true at all.

Then lets keep slamming the team at every turn and everyone associated with the team until that happens

because of course.....that is going to fix the problem.

Whaley is absolutely not the issue here.....this is probably one of the most talented bills teams we we have ever had (sans the super bowl years) and Whaley is a big art of that.

Rex was not hired by whaley......Rex is El Pegula's coach.....cant blame him for Rex.

What is a strawman anyway?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+straw+man+

I'm not sure what you're talking about. In this case, I was referring to the strawman that, at least through training camp last year, there was widespread support here for Cassel as the starter or possible starting QB for the Bills. Like WEO, I recall no such widespread support, other than perhaps a couple of Buffalo News writers who were unmoved by the fact that Cassel did not throw a single pass more than 8 yards past the line of scrimmage; in fact, I recall the overwhelming majority here falling into the "ABC" camp.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. In this case, I was referring to the strawman that, at least through training camp last year, there was widespread support here for Cassel as the starter or possible starting QB for the Bills. Like WEO, I recall no such widespread support, other than perhaps a couple of Buffalo News writers who were unmoved by the fact that Cassel did not throw a single pass more than 8 yards past the line of scrimmage; in fact, I recall the overwhelming majority here falling into the "ABC" camp.

Right, but just so we're all clear:

The original posit was: Bills fans thought Cassel should be our quarterback. They were wrong. They should admit it.

The response was: Overwhelming support for Cassel did NOT exist and therefore your posit is false.

That response is the very definition of a strawman.