Let's go crazy - Fitz - Won't happen

Virgil

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone thinks Fitz is the answer. It's just a funny thread about whether it would be worth it to block the Jets. Of course it's not but not much else to talk about in July.

Thank you!

I dont think Fitz is an aweful QB

but

He is an absolute coach killer because he wilts at the pressure moments....he is always good for an interception when pressed.

He is def a lead pony though......if he is just asked to "manage" the game and others are making the plays Fitz can do that

Looking at the numbers in 2015, Fitzy was actually tied fort 8th in game winning drives and 10th in 4th quarter comebacks. Kinda surprising.

Looking at the numbers in 2015, Fitzy was actually tied fort 8th in game winning drives and 10th in 4th quarter comebacks. Kinda surprising.

He def did better then in previous years.

My last memory of him though was a game against us where all they have to do is beat us (at their place) and they are in the playoffs

- They had everything to play for

- We had nothing to play for

and.....Fitz wilted

My last memory of him though was a game against us where all they have to do is beat us (at their place) and they are in the playoffs

and.....Fitz wilted

That's what everyone remembers. Had a very good season and pissed it away in just one lousy game.. Kudos to our defense taking away the middle of the field

and.....Fitz wilted

It was definitely not at their place but your point stands and I agree.

and.....Fitz wilted

The opposite could be said for the game previous. But yes, Fitzy probably cost himself a chunk of change with that game.

The opposite could be said for the game previous. But yes, Fitzy probably cost himself a chunk of change with that game.

Now that's actually a really interesting thought. If I'm not mistaken, he went all INT happy in the 4th quarter.

If he wins that game, imaging how different things would be right now. People would be losing their minds in NY and I bet he's already locked up 2-3 years in the 12-15 range.

I'm trying to think of anyone who had one quarter of play crush them heading into the next season.

And yes, I know that the Jets are tight for money, but they would've need to find a way to get it done

But is he better than EJ?

Yes.

EJ isn't the next big thing, that we all know. But I would take EJ as a backup in this offense over many of the backups around the league. Most teams don't have a solid starter as a backup QB, thats why they are backups. Fitz, is a very good backup QB, and lower tier starter coaches can count on, but believes he is better than he is. He will compile stats in Chan's offense, but he is way too mistake prone and always folds in the biggest moments.

The last thing this team needs is a nostalgic fan base who still has love for Fitz (which is puzzling to me as he wasn't very good here) screaming and crying for him to start at the very moment TT has a rough game (which ALL QB's have). We need TT to be the unchallenged and unquestioned starter this year so this team can make a decision on his future. He needs every opportunity to grow. Having EJ here filling his role both enthusiastically and willingly is a much better fit for this team over a disgruntled Fitz who wants and believes he should be the starter and also commanding a ton of money for a backup.

No to Fitz...

I also am not that shocked the Jets don't want to give Fitz a big contract. EVERY team has given up on him...all teams had major QB needs. Bills did...Houston did...Tenn did...hell even Cincy didn't see him as a post Palmer solution. Why is that? Maybe because his stats look better than they are because he pads them 3 ways...against bad teams...in garbage time of bad losses...and/or in meaningless games. He more often than not has subpar games against the better teams and/or in important games and moments. Everywhere he has been, he has frequently gave games away in big moments that the teams should have won. He folds when it matters most...lots of INT's with the games on the line. He is a modern day Jeff George with less Arm talent.

The Jets team was stacked last year...no way they should have missed the playoffs...but once again, Fitz blew chunks against a sub .500 team with lots of injuries (us last year) in the final game to blow the whole season. It was his best season, on one of the most talented overall rosters in the league...and he STILL couldn't get them to the playoffs and were eliminated by a 7-8 team after yet another terrible game by him.

So why is it so surprising the Jets aren't just willing to give him his contract demands? What has he ever done to earn it? He got a big deal from the Bills, one I was pissed about the moment they gave it to him, and then went on to continuously underperform to it. He wasn't good enough last year to get them very far, what is going to be different this year? Why should he get paid more than he is worth given in his best career year it wasn't good enough to make the playoffs?

Making the playoffs.

Yes making the playoffs which probably means beating the P*TS. Obviously the Jest need to change game plan against the Bills and we have heard from so many experts on the board that Rex sucks but there is no way Gino is QBing a team to beat the P*TS. And Jest did better with Fitz than any other QB recently but I suppose they can and probably will put head in ground and say they will be fine.