10 Reasons Why Tyrod will have a great year

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one is the Kool aid? They all look like legitimate reasons.

I'd like to think they're all legit, too. If I had to pick one I'd say #7, we have Harvin's replacement. That's a bit optimistic, at least. But I'm crossing my fingers!

The only point I had a problem with was number 7.

Only because it is a complete unknown....you cant comment on something as a positive (IMO) until you actually seen that it has actually worked.

While I sip my Kool Aid I am hoping that Dez Lewis (or one of the other younger vet WR's but I am really hoping its Lewis) makes the leap of progression from year 1 to year 2 and becomes that 3rd wideout......and then continues that progression the following year when Woods probably gets a free agent offer he cannot refuse.

Lewis had all the physical attributes you dream about when your hoping for a proto wideout when we drafted him.....he was just sooooo raw. If he learn to run the whole route tree and be consistant we will have a player who can take advantage of the attention Sammy is gonna get.

but we have to see it first

if he doesn't improve in the pocket and on short routes he will not.

I actually thought TT was getting better in the pocket as the season went on.....

As for short routes....what I really want to see is him not taking off and running for that short yardage and utiliing his receivers BUT showing threat of that to confuse defenses.

It was like a commentator said during a game last year.......the defense against TT can do everything perfectly......cover up every target....not mix up any communication.....then TT would simply just jet off for a first down.

I think he should still do that.....but ONLY if all targets are covered

#7. Expecting anything out of Goodwin and Listenbee this is too much. Goodwin can't stay healthy and expecting anything from a 6th round pick is very premature.

Otherwise I feel all the points are valid.

I actually thought TT was getting better in the pocket as the season went on.....

As for short routes....what I really want to see is him not taking off and running for that short yardage and utiliing his receivers BUT showing threat of that to confuse defenses.

It was like a commentator said during a game last year.......the defense against TT can do everything perfectly......cover up every target....not mix up any communication.....then TT would simply just jet off for a first down.

I think he should still do that.....but ONLY if all targets are covered

I think the Flutie effect will get him this yr but hopefully not, guess we will find out.

People complain when we have a QB that throws short too much, now complaining because QB throws long too much.

Harvin? How many games did he play last year? Five?

That's because some could only throw short. The key to being a great QB is using the whole field to your advantage so defenses can't key on what you are doing. Right now TT has a great deep game but poor short game and that is not a recipe for success.

I agree that #7 is optimistic, at best.....but am I the only one who believes that we're going to miss Hogan a whole lot more than Harvin? I hope that losing Harvin to NE doesn't come back to bite us.

I agree that #7 is optimistic, at best.....but am I the only one who believes that we're going to miss Hogan a whole lot more than Harvin? I hope that losing Harvin to NE doesn't come back to bite us.

Hogan was solid but not great, we still need a real number two, hopefully someone steps up.

I think the Flutie effect will get him this yr but hopefully not, guess we will find out.

That's because some could only throw short. The key to being a great QB is using the whole field to your advantage so defenses can't key on what you are doing. Right now TT has a great deep game but poor short game and that is not a recipe for success.

When they keyed on the long game we ran the ball. Brady hasn't had a long game in years, is he no longer great?

Hogan was solid but not great, we still need a real number two, hopefully someone steps up.

I am hoping Woods surprises you this year. He's a good number 2 with this system. It might be the only system in the league where his skills match perfectly for that role. Now that he's healthy, let's see what the guy can do.

#7. Expecting anything out of Goodwin and Listenbee this is too much. Goodwin can't stay healthy and expecting anything from a 6th round pick is very premature.

Otherwise I feel all the points are valid.

Listonbee especially... It is rare for rookie receivers to excel...

I am hoping Woods surprises you this year. He's a good number 2 with this system. It might be the only system in the league where his skills match perfectly for that role. Now that he's healthy, let's see what the guy can do.

Woods is a great blocker and does great in the type of offense Roman is running (run first). But Woods needs to be more consistent with his route running and pass catching. I know he had a bad groin injury last season, so we'll see if he can truly be the #2 WR the Bills need him to be.

Woods is a great blocker and does great in the type of offense Roman is running (run first). But Woods needs to be more consistent with his route running and pass catching. I know he had a bad groin injury last season, so we'll see if he can truly be the #2 WR the Bills need him to be.

Agree he needs to show it. But he's a fantastic route runner and has good hands -- both of which he's demonstrated. The fact he'll be playing for a contract should only motivate him further. Should be fun to see. :beer:

Agree he needs to show it. But he's a fantastic route runner and has good hands -- both of which he's demonstrated. The fact he'll be playing for a contract should only motivate him further. Should be fun to see. :beer:

Woods is great route runner has good hands.Knows the play,and then blocks well when called upon.

Marrone/Hackett use to run him into traffic to much imo. If TT can lead him he will probably shine. I have seen him get behind coverage even.

One of those players if you don't watch, can give you alot of trouble.

If the groin is good ( as it seems to be healed) he will likely play himself off the team.

Tyrod has has work cut out for him. I really do not mind if Roman takes small steps forward with him, as long as they keep moving forward.

TT is already successful in my book !

:beer:

Woods is great route runner has good hands.Knows the play,and then blocks well when called upon.

Marrone/Hackett use to run him into traffic to much imo. If TT can lead him he will probably shine. I have seen him get behind coverage even.

One of those players if you don't watch, can give you alot of trouble.

If the groin is good ( as it seems to be healed) he will likely play himself off the team.

Tyrod has has work cut out for him. I really do not mind if Roman takes small steps forward with him, as long as they keep moving forward.

TT is already successful in my book !

:beer:

His hands were shaky last year.......not in terms of drops but he had some bobbles that cost him yardage.......a big deal for an offense that was struggling to string together first downs.

Of course he couldn't run after the catch at all.......he just took a step and fell on his face most of the time.

That was later blamed on a groin injury so I am expecting a huge jump in RAC yards this season. :flirt:

With a star WR opposite him drawing a lot of extra attention and in his walk year he should have a career year so we will find out what he is capable of.

But to now........he's been a big disappointment for one drafted early in round 2, coming in with a ton of pro-style offense experience and considered a first round prospect by many.

Edited by #BADOL

His hands were shaky last year.......not in terms of drops but he had some bobbles that cost him yardage.......a big deal for an offense that was struggling to string together first downs.

Of course he couldn't run after the catch at all.......he just took a step and fell on his face most of the time.

That was later blamed on a groin injury so I am expecting a huge jump in RAC yards this season. :flirt:

With a star WR opposite him drawing a lot of extra attention and in his walk year he should have a career year so we will find out what he is capable of.

But to now........he's been a big disappointment for one drafted early in round 2, coming in with a ton of pro-style offense experience and considered a first round prospect by many.

"Later blamed on a groin injury"...

Trolling right along.